• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Same here.

This is why I find it weird when people are hoping that THIS is the culmination of Ash's 25 years of history. Like, this is what you all want? Leon as Ash's main obstacle? No reserves whatsoever? Only two companions in the stadium, and Ash's mom and Oak watching from home?

The current situation simply does not feel like 'the end' of Ash Ketchum and Pikachu.

The fact the leadup and the battle itself are so "dry" of content may have been intentional, even. They know it's an important milestone, but they also know it's not the end, so there's no need to overplay their hand here.

Ali.Frenstein

Rethinking my prediction:

Mr. Rime vs. Sirfetfch'd -> Sirfetch'd clutches
Dragapult vs. Sirfetch'd -> Sirfetch'd recalled
Dragapult vs. Mega Lucario -> Lucario recalled due to cursed body
Dragapult vs. Dracovish -> Dracovish recalled
Dragapult vs. Dragonite -> Dragonite wins

This fits with the summary for this episode in that Ash's strategy of constantly switching helps him take a lead but ultimately plays into Leon's overall plan. Here, Ash still has only lost 1 Pokemon (Gengar) while Leon has lost 3 but now every single one of Ash's Pokemon has taken solid damage while 3 of Leon's are completely untouched. Episode 3 is called 'Strongest' which has been a term referred to Leon the whole series. My guess is episode 3 starts with Leon sending out Rillaboom or even Charizard itself and begins a major counterattack which results in most of Ash's damaged Pokemon going down one by one

Let's see if that's what will happen in the episode tomorrow. I agree with you and think that in the part 3 of the finals, Ash will stay with only Lucario and Pikachu and Leon will stay with Rillaboom, Cinderace and Charizard. Then Lucario will have 2 wins again (against Rillaboom and Cinderace) and lose to Charizard (that suits the opening as well), and then the final battle will be Pikachu VS Charizard and Pikachu will win with its Z-move. ;)

Broseph08

Because there was no build up at all, with Ash not using his strongest team and the opponent being an overrated and bland Charizard dude with no personality.
We should have got Ash facing against each regional champion with his various regional teams, with the final battle being his best team against a real world champion.
Look I find Leon obnoxious but I def don't agree that he lacks personality. He arguably has more than most of Ash's previous main rivals

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Sirfetch'd is not drawing, check the preview.

Back on topic, I don't understand the sudden hate for Serena. Must be some sore Iris fan, having the most useless champion in the M8. And before anyone says Alain, ABSOLUTELY ANYONE who faced Leon as the first opponent was bound to lose.

Okay? I watched it & what am I supposed to look at?

Broseph08

Sirfetch'd is not drawing, check the preview.

Back on topic, I don't understand the sudden hate for Serena. Must be some sore Iris fan, having the most useless champion in the M8. And before anyone says Alain, ABSOLUTELY ANYONE who faced Leon as the first opponent was bound to lose.
No way anyone could say that about Iris with Diantha and Alain in the competition. Well, Alain isn't a champion but still, that was embarassing

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's so weird, despite this being intended as the most important battle Ash will have, i find it hard to care that much about it. 25 years of build up for Ash to face the strongest trainer known, possibly obtaining that title, and yet i feel nothing more than a small, casual curiosity of what will happen after this.
Me too, but not sure if it's just because of no reserves
XY with little to no continuity felt more important besides what happened in the end

PERSONALLY, I think it's about how they raised the bar too drastically. In one generation Ash becomes champion for the first time in his life of a somewhat minor league, and now he beat even Cynthia. And even if they didn't the build up to Leon still felt unbelievable, with only minor struggles along the way and, even if I'm not a big hater of it, offscreenland

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Me too, but not sure if it's just because of no reserves
XY with little to no continuity felt more important besides what happened in the end

PERSONALLY, I think it's about how they raised the bar too drastically. In one generation Ash becomes champion for the first time in his life of a somewhat minor league, and now he beat even Cynthia. And even if they didn't the build up to Leon still felt unbelievable, with only minor struggles along the way and, even if I'm not a big hater of it, offscreenland
not just that tbh, like, this whole tournament doesn't feel like "what JN has built up to" (let alone the entire franchise). It kinda feels like Ash wandered into a stadium and now he's fighting. I think this is kinda due to a lot of stuff, like no recurring rivals being involved, the JN team not having much of an arc, the stands being almost completely empty for people rooting for Ash (even AG with its nonexistent side cast had Morrison), and probably the abrupt start too

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Opening or not, Lucario has been marketed as Ash's lancer Pokemon while Pikachu acts as ace. Stands to reason that it will be the last one before Pikachu to go down, regardless of who he's fighting.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Oh, trust me. Lucario is definitely battling Charizard, but he will job and Pikachu takes care of it. I feel someone is going to damage Charizard badly before his battle with Pikachu. Because Pikachu is already very damaged by Cinderace.
Dragonite.

ShadowForce720

Oh, trust me. Lucario is definitely battling Charizard, but he will job and Pikachu takes care of it. I feel someone is going to damage Charizard badly before his battle with Pikachu. Because Pikachu is already very damaged by Cinderace.
Just pointing this out but for Lucario to job it would have to lose without being able to really damage Charizard.

So basically if Mega Lucario actually has a good performance against Charizard then it wouldn’t have been a jobber regardless of whether or not it had gotten a win.

Just because a Pokémon goes down without getting a win doesn’t mean it’s a jobber.

A jobber specifically refer to someone/a character that loses just to make a another character look good.

Dragonite.
Depends on its performance, if Dragonite has a impressive showing then it won’t be a jobber regardless of whether or not it gets a win.

Ali.Frenstein

I totally agree with you regarding this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.