• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ash's Pokemon battle random things in OPs. It's meaningless filler and not at all comparable to showing them battle a major opponent like Leon. That said, Charizard saving Ash from Reshiram is a legitimate example of an opening lying.

Red and Blue

Leon did make it a point to mention that there are no true jobbers since a full battle is a group effort. Especially if a Pokemon manages to inflict some damage before going down.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash's Pokemon battle random things in OPs. It's meaningless filler and not at all comparable to showing them battle a major opponent like Leon. That said, Charizard saving Ash from Reshiram is a legitimate example of an opening lying.
Pikachu vs Incineroar too (unless you count it happening in JN)

kickachu

Momentai!
question before episode airs how many pokeon you think leon will take out on ash's team and ash on leon's team?

question before episode airs how many pokeon you think leon will take out on ash's team and ash on leon's team?
Dragapult and Mr Rime are definitely going down this episode.

On Ash’s side, probably either Lucario or Dracovish. I think Ash will only lose 1 pokemon this episode and in the next he will lose 2-3 and be left with just Pikachu (hopefully with Dragonite as well, I really want Dragonite to take two wins, make it to the last episode and fall only to Charizard)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
A case could be made Ash loses Sirfetch'd, Dracovish, and Mega Lucario here... that would be utterly ridiculous, even if Leon is fully capable of doing that, so I'd say Ash loses Sirfetch'd and Dracovish at max this episode. More than likely though it could be just Dracovish. And yeah, doubt Leon is gonna be switching heavily so Rime and Pult are probably goners...

I just realized Dragonite might actually just beat Rillaboom. I know I've constantly said it's Ash's best counter...

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Obligatory pray for a good part 2. Part 1 was good, let's not go back into the "start strong, end weak" trend.

A case could be made Ash loses Sirfetch'd, Dracovish, and Mega Lucario here... that would be utterly ridiculous, even if Leon is fully capable of doing that, so I'd say Ash loses Sirfetch'd and Dracovish at max this episode. More than likely though it could be just Dracovish. And yeah, doubt Leon is gonna be switching heavily so Rime and Pult are probably goners...

I just realized Dragonite might actually just beat Rillaboom. I know I've constantly said it's Ash's best counter...
Yes, I think Dragonite will probably be the one to beat Rillaboom and then gets taken down by Charizard. So she will be facing Dragapult Rillaboom and Charizard to compensate for that poor Cynthia showing.

Sirfetch’d is definitely winning against Mr Rime and I could see Dracovish beating Dragapult.

My ideal battle would be:

Mr Rime vs Sirfetch’d (w)
Dragapult (w) vs Lucario
Dragapult vs Dragonite
Dragapult vs Dracovish (w)

Cinderace (w) vs Dracovish
Rillaboom (w) vs Sirfetch’d
Rillaboom vs Dragonite (w)
Cinderace vs Dragonite or Pikachu (w)

Charizard (w) vs Dragonite
Charizard vs Pikachu

ShadowForce720

Yes, I think Dragonite will probably be the one to beat Rillaboom and then gets taken down by Charizard. So she will be facing Dragapult Rillaboom and Charizard to compensate for that poor Cynthia showing.

Sirfetch’d is definitely winning against Mr Rime and I could see Dracovish beating Dragapult.

My ideal battle would be:

Mr Rime vs Sirfetch’d (w)
Dragapult (w) vs Lucario
Dragapult vs Dragonite
Dragapult vs Dracovish (w)

Cinderace (w) vs Dracovish
Rillaboom (w) vs Sirfetch’d
Rillaboom vs Dragonite (w)
Cinderace vs Dragonite or Pikachu (w)

Charizard (w) vs Dragonite
Charizard vs Pikachu
Honesty I doubt that they would have Mega Lucario lose yo Dragapult especially when it only has one attack that can do damage to Dragapult.

It’s much more likely that what will happen is after Mega Lucario lands a Bullet Punch or a few of them on Dragapult that Dragapult’s ability Cursed Body activates disabling Mega Lucario’s Bullet Punch, which causes Ash to decide to withdraw it.

So where probably more likely looking at the battles going like this:

Mr.Rime vs Sirfetch’d: Sirfetch’d and recalled
Dragapult vs Lucario- - -> Mega Lucario: Mega Lucario is recalled
Dragapult vs Dragonite: Dragonite is recalled
Dragapult vs Dracovish: Dracovish

Rillaboom vs Dragonite: Dragonite
Cinderace vs Mega Lucario: Mega Lucario

Charizard vs Pikachu

So basically each of Ash’s Pokémon will get a win but will take damage in the process. Also I’m unsure of the order Rillaboom and Cinderace will come out in.

Now presumably they would want to Rillaboom and Cinderace to both get a win which would probably be them taking out Sirfetch’d and Dracovish respectively.

However there is the possibility that we could get a situation similar to what happened in Ash’s full battle against Drake in the Orange Islands where Ash initially only lost two Pokémon but the rest of his team had taken damage in the previous battles and his remaining team members took on Drake’s Dragonite.

So basically Ash could wind up still having 4 or 5 members left by the time Leon is down to his last Pokémon and that it winds up being Ash’s 4 or 5 remaining Pokémon against Leon’s Charizard and with Charizard taking out 3 or 4 of Ash’s remaining Pokémon in the 3rd part of the battle.

The 4th and final part of the battle focuses on just the battle between Charizard and Pikachu and maybe one other Pokémon on Ash’s side if he still has one besides Pikachu that isn’t knocked out at that point.

Broseph08

Dragapult and Mr. Rime go down. Ash loses either nothing or just Sirfetch'd. I think Ash switches constantly and takes a lead but in the process every single one of his Pokemon is weakened a little while Leon has three fully healthy Pokemon and he flips the table in episode 3

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
I'm still on copium that reserves with gimmicks (G-Max Melmetal when), rest of Galar gym leaders + maybe Mustard, and proper Project Mew finale with G-Max Cinderace (maybe even throw Team Rocket, Volo and Rose in there for extra craziness) to happen in the supposed extra 10+ episodes after the Leon battle. At least show some of the remaining Galar Gym Leaders and I'll be satisfied.

Any last copiums that any of Ash's previous companions arrive at the stadium? Lol
Serena I’m praying.
Now way Lucario loses this episode. It’s going to be the second to last one standing against Charizard for sure and go out heroically

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Actually got the day off so to plan to watch this live if I knew a way too!

Status
Not open for further replies.