• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Honestly? Shouldn't Ash and Leon be equals now? They are standing on the same stage and Ash had tougher opponents than Leon so far. Yet, Ash is still the underdog.
Probably because if you compare Ash's victories vs Leon's victories, the former has been continuously struggling while the latter has been winning with ease. If Leon were portrayed more realistically, maybe I could see Ash being close to him in terms of power level.

But going by Leon's current portrayal (STRONGEST TRAINER IN THE WORLD), Ash is so far below Leon's level it's not even funny.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
When Ash loses, I hope everyone in Serebii will throw a big party and celebrate. At least I know that pokegirlfan, Touko & Satoshi, Panki, Kazuniya and others we will celebrate (?

Jk
Hahahahaha!

In all seriousness though, all I really want is for the outcome of the battle to make sense, which would mean Ash going down pretty hard. XD

BobbbidyBob

Guy100

i'm guessing there will be a part 3 and part 4 to this battle.

How I see it, the finals should end with both trainers done to their Ace pokemon ( Pikachu and Charizard).

If lucario or gengar does it job to wear out Leon's dynmax charizard, then pikachu should be able to clean up a victory.

Either way, Leon has to lose this match, since it would be bad marketing to have the galar champion be represented as the continued reigning world champion, which overshadows future regional champions introduced in games.

Pteranodonte

Ash winning would still be more realistic and believable than the existence of a trainer who never lost a single battle in his life, so I am okay if they make Ash struggle at first but he ends up winning.
And after all, having him beat Cynthia with a team of newbies already threw the realism away from this tournament, so who cares.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can't wait til it turns out Ash is the one toying with Leon just to see the looks on the pessimists' faces.

Guy100

Ash winning would still be more realistic and believable than the existence of a trainer who never lost a single battle in his life, so I am okay if they make Ash struggle at first but he ends up winning.
And after all, having him beat Cynthia with a team of newbies already threw the realism away from this tournament, so who cares.
Some Good Points. I think the nail in the coffin for Leon's ended winning streak is the fact that he is celebrated in Galar as an invincible trainer that has never lost an official pokemon battle. Usually in fictional writings like Pokemon, a character highlighted as undefeated, eventually gets defeated by the rising everyman (Ash).

Last trainer I heard in the anime with an undefeated record was Drake of the Orange League.

What makes it even more predictable that Ash will win is the fact that Leon's been given so many advantages going into the finals. The final match is being held in Leon's home region (Galar) which is home to many of his supporters and is the direct power source to powering up his Eternatus.

I will say this, that if Ash does win the title as strongest trainer, which I assume he will, by besting Leon and Eternatus, this would arguably mean that Ash will have in fact surpassed his game counterpart Red, as a Pokemon trainer phenom.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
No?

Ash vs Kukui is the only 4-parter in the anime, no matter what the naming shenanigans of the Masters tournament are.
While Ash/Cynthia was a 3-part battle, the episode title scheme was 4 parts with all four parts focused on Ash and Cynthia in some capacity.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
And exactly when was it confirmed that a Scarlet & Violet anime would be coming out in November?

Right now there is no confirmation that a Scarlet & Violet anime is coming out in November, nor is it confirmed that after this episode there are only 2 episodes of JN left.

Look it would be one thing if we had actual confirmation that a Scarlet & Violet anime was coming out in November but the fact of the matter is we don’t.

Right now the only source some people are able to point that JN is ending in November are rumors, and yet we got a glimpse at a possible episode count from an official source it directly contradicts the rumors by suggesting that there are about at the very least 16 episodes left of JN.

Twitter is not an official source, go outside more, you’ve spent too much time online.

ShadowForce720

Twitter is not an official source, go outside more, you’ve spent too much time online.
What are you talking about?

I never said that Twitter was an official source, what I was referring to was as an official source was the TPCI which had officially announced Pokémon Ultimate Journeys and had temporary put a episode of count of 54 episodes but quickly removed it because the episode count wasn’t supposed to be included with the announcement.

So no, I did not get that from Twitter.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I hope not. Otherwise man. Imagine the whole series hyping up Ash battling Leon,only for Leon to sweep Ash.
Yeah quite sad.
I want Ash to win so he finally achieves his dream and his story can end. Hopefully Ash wins but I see it very unlikely to happen to be completely honest.

Akashin

Episode title is an insult or perhaps a nod of what's going to happen? I am unsure.
All of the episode titles in this style have been either relatively literal (the Darkest Day episodes) or non-specific but on point for the semi-finals.

Both Finals episodes are likely similar in that sense. Torrent I would guess refers to the battle starting with Leon launching a furious assault that Ash struggles to withstand, and this episode is about Ash being on the backslide and looking like his battle will go the same way as Leon's matches before him. Then the likely third part will mark some sort of rebound on Ash's part, whether that ends in victory or a valiant but ultimately failed effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.