• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yeah quite sad.
I want Ash to win so he finally achieves his dream and his story can end. Hopefully Ash wins but I see it very unlikely to happen to be completely honest.
Ash literally said that being Monarch is just a step on the road to Pokemon Master. His dream is intentionally unachievable.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash literally said that being Monarch is just a step on the road to Pokemon Master. His dream is intentionally unachievable.
tbh the question is more on what can they make him do as a protagonist if he becomes world champion

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
tbh the question is more on what can they make him do as a protagonist if he becomes world champion
People said that they'd run out of ideas when he became regional Champion, too. That said, even if Ash doesn't win, it's amazing people think that somehow the 2nd-best Trainer would somehow not also be difficult to have as a protagonist. And I've said it once, and I'll say it again. In-universe, it's a sport. Not like the games where you can leave and come back and everyone's still in tip-top condition. Always gotta be training to stay on top.

vondecayle

Maybe he gets rebooted once again.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
People said that they'd run out of ideas when he became regional Champion, too. That said, even if Ash doesn't win, it's amazing people think that somehow the 2nd-best Trainer would somehow not also be difficult to have as a protagonist. And I've said it once, and I'll say it again. In-universe, it's a sport. Not like the games where you can leave and come back and everyone's still in tip-top condition. Always gotta be training to stay on top.
yeah I've been saying that too, or not even getting to top 2, defeating Steven was the point of no return, since he officially defeated a game champion for the first time with no in-universe asterisks (so like, awkward battle writing aside)

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Huh? I'm talking about defeating Leon.
That's what Ash set in this season. Anyone knows becoming a Pokemon Master won't happen. Not even the Pokemon company knows what being a Pokemon Master is for Ash.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I recently realized that one thing which makes me mad is that not a single Johto nor Alola Pokemon was used in the Master 8...
Instead we had 2 Kalos trainers, a lot of Hoenn Mons and freaking 3 Dragonites...

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think it's quite obvious Leon will continue toying with Ash after beating like 2-3 of his Pokemon until the tide finally switches. Maybe this will be the point Leon loses his 3rd Pokemon for the first time.

I would love to see something like Brooklyn vs Kai in Beyblade but Pokemon won't go this far.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Leon’s gonna “toy” with Ash to the point where half of his team get smashed in from his sheer underestimation of the plucky Kanto boy..

I just hope that it’s Dragonite who does a bunch of the smashing..

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Leon’s gonna “toy” with Ash to the point where half of his team get smashed in from his sheer underestimation of the plucky Kanto boy..

I just hope that it’s Dragonite who does a bunch of the smashing..
I'm getting the feeling Dracovish and Sirfetch'd will fail this time. Would love to see Lucario being knocked out early one but it's too much of the Wonder Boy here.

Sceptilee

It's best to wait and see if we get more episode titles later, but yeah, there is no way Ash wins if it does end in only 2 episodes considering this was his goal in Journeys and his biggest battle ever.

I guess we'll know before the month ends regardless

I cannot believe that Pokémon Journeys only cares about Ash being strong but I might as write it as "Strongest Pokemon Trainer ever" until Pokémon The Series: Scarlet and Violet decides to undo him and retool him.

but not everyone is going to agree with me so... idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.