• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Wow I cannot believe it is gonna be another battle where Ash is getting wrecked during the beginning and middle stages of the battles and then pull a daring and unexpected comeback through his creative out of the box thinking that amazes everyone! Such bold and daring writing!
This trend of people here getting mad at Ash struggling in battles initially before picking up momentum is extremely weird and random and it’s somehow seems to only be a problem if JN does it.

Sorry to tell you but if you’ve been watching the anime for a significant amount of time whatsoever a lot of Ash’s battles are structured like this when he’s fighting major opponents, especially ones that might be considered the strongest in the world.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This trend of people here getting mad at Ash struggling in battles initially before picking up momentum is extremely weird and random and it’s somehow seems to only be a problem if JN does it.

Sorry to tell you but if you’ve been watching the anime for a significant amount of time whatsoever a lot of Ash’s battles are structured like this when he’s fighting major opponents, especially ones that might be considered the strongest in the world.
It gets weirder when you realize all of fiction is structured this way.

Come on, do we really think the hero is going to find the final boss easy? Stories where that happen are usually panned badly.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Pretty much. Summary wouldn’t be necessary. It’s expected see Ash struggling even more than against Cynthia, but, if he loses three ‘mon in a row again, he’s doomed.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
don't worry, I'll kick trASH's butt. After all I'm Chad, the #1 in the world, soon I'll put the plot armor boy in his place
Just so long as you bring a Swampert to the fight then all's good. I need more Swampert in my life. I cannot get enough of this twenty-year-old swamp monster.

Akashin

Since when was that a step prior to this saga.
Since... always? Ash has always said that x is just a step on his path; before now it was winning a League (and implicitly becoming a Champion beyond that), and now that that step has been reached, this is the next one. When the goal is to become stronger and rise higher, the next step in doing so changes whenever a new step is taken; that's relatively common sense.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Idk if Ash will win. Seems more likely to me that he will lose. Especially right now. The gap is still too big. Also it seems weird that Ash isn't training before battling Leon.
Ash, train? When does that happen?

As much as I understand the current state of the anime, I have to admit that I do miss the days when we’d get to witness the full training business. Like with Turtwig and Energy Ball..

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
There was absolutely no prior announcement of the PWC ever existing before Journeys, so, no, it's not been a step since "always." Ash just made it up on the spot.
Cynthia mentioned the Champion Cup in DP and tbh, it always seemed kinda obvious that the strongest trainers of different regions would duke it out in a tournament. It’s like that in the games with the PWT, and it’s like that in IRL sports, too.

Akashin

There was absolutely no prior announcement of the PWC ever existing before Journeys, so, no, it's not been a step since "always." Ash just made it up on the spot.
Which is irrelevant. Ash's actual goal, which the PWC serves the purpose of doing, is to get stronger and reach greater heights. Whether this next step took the form of the PWC, the Champions League mentioned in DP and BW, or something else entirely is irrelevant; Ash always knew that once he surpassed a regional League, there would be a next step that would then be his next goal.

Being Monarch of the PWC is a step toward being a Pokemon Master to Ash solely because it is also a step toward (or perhaps the final step thereof) being the strongest Trainer. Everything else is an indirect goal in service of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.