• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Summary from TV Tokyo. There's the meaning of the title.

It's the Masters Tournament finals: Satoshi VS Dande. The two of them have been waging a seesaw battle since the very start, but as the battle continues on, Satoshi finds himself getting more and more toyed with by Dande's Pokémon and strategies...?! He eventually manages to really latch on to Dande as he switches Pokémon, but that turned out to be part of Dande's plan as well......?!

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So are Rillaboom and Charizard left for last?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I guess that answered all those people who think leon as one dimensional trainer who was just depending on brute strenght.

vondecayle

I guess that answered all those people who think leon as one dimensional trainer who was just depending on brute strenght.
They finally decided to show strategy instead of him just steamrolling everyone on off-screen land with brute strenght so yes.

MegaSalamence05

Interesting, very interesting.
Assumption is
Mr. Rime vs Sirfetch'd (Sirfetch'd draws with Mr. Rime)
Dragapult vs Mega Lucario. (Dragapult has Cursed Body, leading to Bullet Punch being disabled). Leading to Mega Lucario's recall. Potential Faint.
Dragapult vs Dracovish (Dragapult with W after the switch from Mega Lucario. Dracovish potentially learns Meteor Beam which would be a fascinating addition to its moveset)
Dragapult vs Dragonite (In my opinion is the main event of this episode, this one has to end in Dragonite's victory).

Dragapult is going to be a big thorn in Ash's side this episode and I can't wait. What a fascinating pokemon.

My expectation is going into the next episode (Finals Part 3) it's going to be 3v3

Leon would have Charizard, Rillaboom and Cinderance (Inteleon, Mr. Rime and Dragapult being defeated).
Ash would have Pikachu, Mega Lucario and Dragonite (Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish being defeated).

As my prediction for Ash's Dragonite seems to be coming true in this battle. But we shall see what happens. As I just don't see Dragonite being another fall guy again.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh hey, vish just ate a child :d

nuzamaki90

Summary from TV Tokyo. There's the meaning of the title.
Expanding Force, Cursed Body, Libero, Counter Shield, Freeze hax, Leon certainly is a Jack of all trades when it comes to strategy. I wonder how much of the battle will be focused on Dragapult considering it’s been the most underwhelming of Leon’s crew yet it’s facing off against Dracovish, Dragonite, and Mega Lucario.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Expanding Force, Cursed Body, Libero, Counter Shield, Freeze hax, Leon certainly is a Jack of all trades when it comes to strategy. I wonder how much of the battle will be focused on Dragapult considering it’s been the most underwhelming of Leon’s crew yet it’s facing off against Dracovish, Dragonite, and Mega Lucario.
I guess the Pokemon that didn't get a proper showing-off will be OP and the ones who did you see faint pretty easily

Pteranodonte

Meh, pulling out at the last minute "strategies" does not redeem a bland "character". He is still the most boring and overrated trainer of the tournament, and that is saying something since people like Iris, Alain and Diantha were in it.

TheNewGuy

Meh, pulling out at the last minute "strategies" does not redeem a bland "character". He is still the most boring and overrated trainer of the tournament, and that is saying something since people like Iris, Alain and Diantha were in it.

This is already the most screentime a Leon match has had, so of course strategies would have more time to be displayed. Also not sure why strategies would be in quotation marks there. Typical usage would imply you're saying they aren't real strategies? But they absolutely are.

AJ97

My predictions for this episode.

Mr. Rime vs Sirfetch'd (Ends as a Draw)
Cinderace vs Dragonite (Ash Switch)
Cinderace vs Dracovish (Ash Switch)
Cinderace vs Lucario (Ash Mega evolves and Leon Switches to Dragapult)
Dragapult vs Mega Lucario ( Dragapult Curse Body Bullet punch)
Dragapult vs Dracovish (Dragapult wins)
Dragapult vs Dragonite (Dragonite wins)

tonikranjc

My prediction for the rest of the finals is:
1. Sirfetch'd vs. Mr. Rime: Mr. Rime loses, but Sirfetch'd suffers a hit from Psychic Terrain.
2. Sirfetch'd comes back and high fives Lucario after Dragapult comes out. Lucario Mega Evolves, but Dragapult's Cursed Body prevents it from using Bullet Punch and it must be recalled since its only other moves are Reversal, Aura Sphere and Double Team, which don't deal damage. It would be cool though to see Bullet Punch being blocked by Psychic Terrain's effect, but I guess it will wear off by then.
3. Dracovish vs. Dragapult: Ash plans on using Dracovish's uncommon battle tactics to overcome Dragon Darts (which I guess will be shown similarly to how Togekiss' Air Slash was). But in the end in a clash of Dragon Rushes, Dragapult wins. It would be cool if Dragapult would use a move such as Phantom Force as well to further make things difficult.
4. Dragonite vs. Dragapult: Dragonite uses its Draco Meteor rush to get rid of Dracovish's Dragon Darts and ends it pretty quickly since it already took a lot of damage against Mega Lucario and Dracovish.
5. Dragonite vs. Charizard: Leon needs to showcase how big of a powerhouse Charizard actually is and I guess that it will need to sustain some damage prior to the final battle. I guess Charizard takes Dragonite out pretty easily and gets recalled.
6. Mega Lucario vs. Cinderace: I think that this battle will spotlight Mega Lucario the most, since it can use its previous training with Goh's Cinderace to defeat Leon's. Only main obstacle here would be Cinderace's Libero and his super effective Pyro Ball and Scorching Sands and potentially a fighting type move like Low Sweep and High Jump Kick. I see Mega Lucario winning, but being recalled.
7. Sirfetch'd vs. Rillaboom: I want the knight in shining armor to put up a good fight against the beast Rillaboom, but I think that previous damage from Expanding Force and Rillaboom's Acrobatics finishes him off.
8. Mega Lucario vs. Rillaboom: I know that this is a stretch, since Lucario already withstood a lot of damage from its previous battles, but for a Pokemon who defeated Cynthia's D-Max Togekiss and Garchomp, I think that he deserves some credit. He manages to finish off Rillaboom
9. Mega Lucario vs. Charizard: Leon G-Maxes his Charizard and Lucario tries to block his G-Max Wildfire with Kamehameha Aura Sphere, but fails since it took a lot of damage and it's up to Pikachu to win this match.
10. Pikachu vs. G-Max Charizard: I see Pikachu finishing it off with 10M Thunderbolt, but the scenario I imagined is a bit different. Pikachu uses its Z-Move to block the rest of Charizard's G-Max moves and it all comes down to a normal fight between the two, without any gimmicks left. It would also be nice to see Pikachu and Ash flash back to all their major battles and companions along the way, in the end finish Charizard together and become Monarchs.

What do you guys think of my prediction?

jrizza88

Meteorite
My prediction for the rest of the finals is:
1. Sirfetch'd vs. Mr. Rime: Mr. Rime loses, but Sirfetch'd suffers a hit from Psychic Terrain.
2. Sirfetch'd comes back and high fives Lucario after Dragapult comes out. Lucario Mega Evolves, but Dragapult's Cursed Body prevents it from using Bullet Punch and it must be recalled since its only other moves are Reversal, Aura Sphere and Double Team, which don't deal damage. It would be cool though to see Bullet Punch being blocked by Psychic Terrain's effect, but I guess it will wear off by then.
3. Dracovish vs. Dragapult: Ash plans on using Dracovish's uncommon battle tactics to overcome Dragon Darts (which I guess will be shown similarly to how Togekiss' Air Slash was). But in the end in a clash of Dragon Rushes, Dragapult wins. It would be cool if Dragapult would use a move such as Phantom Force as well to further make things difficult.
4. Dragonite vs. Dragapult: Dragonite uses its Draco Meteor rush to get rid of Dracovish's Dragon Darts and ends it pretty quickly since it already took a lot of damage against Mega Lucario and Dracovish.
5. Dragonite vs. Charizard: Leon needs to showcase how big of a powerhouse Charizard actually is and I guess that it will need to sustain some damage prior to the final battle. I guess Charizard takes Dragonite out pretty easily and gets recalled.
6. Mega Lucario vs. Cinderace: I think that this battle will spotlight Mega Lucario the most, since it can use its previous training with Goh's Cinderace to defeat Leon's. Only main obstacle here would be Cinderace's Libero and his super effective Pyro Ball and Scorching Sands and potentially a fighting type move like Low Sweep and High Jump Kick. I see Mega Lucario winning, but being recalled.
7. Sirfetch'd vs. Rillaboom: I want the knight in shining armor to put up a good fight against the beast Rillaboom, but I think that previous damage from Expanding Force and Rillaboom's Acrobatics finishes him off.
8. Mega Lucario vs. Rillaboom: I know that this is a stretch, since Lucario already withstood a lot of damage from its previous battles, but for a Pokemon who defeated Cynthia's D-Max Togekiss and Garchomp, I think that he deserves some credit. He manages to finish off Rillaboom
9. Mega Lucario vs. Charizard: Leon G-Maxes his Charizard and Lucario tries to block his G-Max Wildfire with Kamehameha Aura Sphere, but fails since it took a lot of damage and it's up to Pikachu to win this match.
10. Pikachu vs. G-Max Charizard: I see Pikachu finishing it off with 10M Thunderbolt, but the scenario I imagined is a bit different. Pikachu uses its Z-Move to block the rest of Charizard's G-Max moves and it all comes down to a normal fight between the two, without any gimmicks left. It would also be nice to see Pikachu and Ash flash back to all their major battles and companions along the way, in the end finish Charizard together and become Monarchs.

What do you guys think of my prediction?
Omg I hope this happens!

Broseph08

I posted this like a week ago

I always felt Dragapult should be Leon's secondary ace. Well actually, it should have been his main ace if it weren't for Game Freak's love affair with Charizard LOL. But either way, as the pseudo that role felt right for me but you def are right that Rillaboom has gotten more crazy feats than it so far in the M8 so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a tank in this fight. I honestly hope all his Pokemon are shown by formidable enough that they could be considered a secondary ace even though I know one will likely be like Cynthia's Gastradon which got bodied twice. I have a feeling Mr. Rime will be defeated without getting any wins for some reason

Maybe Dragapult actually getting some respect???? I think it will defeat Dracovish, son Lucario and force Ash to recall it, and put up a great fight against Dragonite. That's good enough for me

Broseph08

Honestly, those matches (Alain and Diantha) just felt like they were sped by for the sake of not having to animate much. His first battle against Lance a long time back actually showcased a lot of strategy like setting up the whole time for Charizard to hit Gyarados with a Thunder Punch and using Max Airstream to dodge and then be able to hit back with his own Max moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.