• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So excited for this episode still! I honestly thought after the Diantha battle that I may lose some interest in the masters tournament, but I'm still super glad they are going all out on this.

Well they're not wrong, since everyone on this website is mentally ill. They'd only be wrong if they thought they weren't.
lol I am actually on record writing this in the subs also about mental illness and arguments, but I didn't mean it in a rude way (although I was feeling spicy that day). I mean i got ADHD so I won't go pretending im not without my own.
I’m kinda considering Violet. I like the uniforms drip. Ceruledge and the Salamance lines are a plus. Wish they listed more of the exclusive Pokemon tbh. Oh you’re right it was in the Marnie episode. I’m counting on you to trade me all of the version exclusives.
Ah, it's such a hard decision in my opinion ____________________ in scarlet, I am totally going scarlet. Although by the end, I am sure we can trade so it won't matter as much by the end of the game and post game.

edit: I am so sorry I accidentally made a spoiler...

Last edited:

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I still remember how you promised me to have a clown pfp for a week if Iris lost.

Constant dickriding =\= reality applies for you too Liar

How about being normal for five seconds? Serena isn’t real, you don’t have to defend her honor that damn hard

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Why should I defend the best character ?
Anyone who believes otherwise isn't real

Okay, so you’re delusional. Good to know that’s the case, there’s no reason arguing with you further. Go embarrass yourself somewhere else.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
While, Leon is objectively the second best Champion and this fight does seem epic (from his perspective not what Ash is doing) yeah there wasn’t any real build up to this fight. Sure you can argue the 2-5 episodes we got of them spending time together and Ash constantly proclaiming Leon is his goal, it still comes off as hallow.

Even given the first episode of the fight, it still came off as foreboding. Leon allowing Ash to use all of his gimmicks just means he has complete confidence that he’s winning this and while I have my gripes with the Cynthia battle, I definitely don’t see him beating both of them. The lack of reserves, terrible build up and iffy continuity will all be necessary evils however if it means Ash is leaving.

The issue with having a “non restricted” Ash is that Leon only uses one gimmick so if Leon wins then that makes Ash seem 10x worse and that Ash was never even a threat to him. Alternatively if Ash wins and just barely that also implies more or less the same thing.

Sigh. I'm here to talk about Ash vs. Leon not arguing who is best character or no.

Anyways, Ash could've finished it up and there is no room for a Ash vs. Leon Part 5 because Ash will win that battle regardless.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh, has a list been revealed? Thanks for the info, I'll go check it real soon. And yeah, with trading so easily accessible it kinda makes the decision making easier albeit things like SWSH having exclusive Gyms also plays a role. I could only imagine what people were going through during that RBY-RSE era.
I am so sorry, that was a slight spoiler. If you want to edit your comment to remove my spoiler that might be a good idea for others.

But yes there is a rumoured list. Again I am sorry though, SV talk always makes me think im on the rumours sub.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I am so sorry, that was a slight spoiler. If you want to edit your comment to remove my spoiler that might be a good idea for others.

But yes there is a rumoured list. Again I am sorry though, SV talk always makes me think im on the rumours sub.
No problem, and okay gotcha.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
who aren't his own MOTHER - bothered to come watch him instead of all the other people who thought of him as a very dear friend

i still do not understand why his mom absolutely needs to be there in person to dictate the outcome of this, we know she's at least watching the event, and maybe it's too far for her to travel there.

The indigo plateau is close to Pallet, which makes sense why she was able to be the kanto/jouto leagues, and she went to Alola several times, which could've been due to the "Family" nature of the series, and perhaps by becoming so familiar with the region is why she showed up for that one.

Even so I don't understand why her not being here is a factor in how this fight goes down.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Will Dragonite showcase new attacks like among all of Ash current team, Lucario, Gengar, Dracovish and Sirfetch'd had learn new attacks. Dragonite is long overdue to have new attacks

vondecayle

It's so weird, despite this being intended as the most important battle Ash will have, i find it hard to care that much about it. 25 years of build up for Ash to face the strongest trainer known, possibly obtaining that title, and yet i feel nothing more than a small, casual curiosity of what will happen after this.
If this was, I don’t know, the diamond/pearl saga the feeling would be different, but they have messed up the anime so much that things and “important” events such as this one don’t feel the same anymore.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If this was, I don’t know, the diamond/pearl saga the feeling would be different, but they have messed up the anime so much that things and “important” events such as this one don’t feel the same anymore.

Not counting Alola, Sinnoh and Kalos were seen by some as "peak" times for Ash, like people felt he could win.

But unfortunately it was not meant to be and both ended on sour notes, Sinnoh because of Tobias being a thing as if the writers forgot to establish someone on a normal level to combat Ash from winning, and the Kalos league was rushed...not to mention the hype trap of the final battle.

it's honestly better to not let hype over take you just in case, because the disappointment you feel can intensify the more hyped you were.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Likely scenario:

Sirfetch’d VS Mr. Rime - Draw

Lucario VS Cinderace - (Flying type Cinderace) - Both Recalled again

Dracovish VS Dragapult - (Dracovish gets a good hit in before going down) - Dracovish loses

Mega Lucario VS Dragapult - (Immediately Megas) Mega Lucario Recalled

Dragonite VS Dragapult - Dragonite wins

Dragonite VS Rillaboom - [Episode Ends]

I wonder if Pikachu will get an extra win. Whether Ash wins or loses the “final” battle of the series, Pikachu gets a Win or a Draw, so if Pikachu doesn’t get any wins prior to Charizard, which seems likely since it seems very likely Mr. Rime, Dragapult, & Rillaboom will be taken down by Sirfetch’d, Dragonite, & Lucario. I can’t picture him defeating Cinderace either, so unless the previews hid it well, Pikachu COULD defeat Mr. Rime but my point being, Pikachu always gets a double KO or 1 win minimum in every final battle:

Ritchie - Butterfree

Drake(OI) - Ditto & Dragonite

Harrison - Kecleon

Tyson - Metagross

Brandon - Regice

Tobias - Latios(Draw)

Cameron - Samurott & Swana

Alain - Tyranitar & Metagross

Kukui - Tapu Koko

So if Pikachu gets to Leon’s Charizard as the final showdown & Pikachu has no wins, then you can bet that Ash will 100% win.

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Likely scenario:

Sirfetch’d VS Mr. Rime - Draw

Lucario VS Cinderace - (Flying type Cinderace) - Both Recalled again

Dracovish VS Dragapult - (Dracovish gets a good hit in before going down) - Dracovish loses

Mega Lucario VS Dragapult - (Immediately Megas) Mega Lucario Recalled

Dragonite VS Dragapult - Dragonite wins

Dragonite VS Rillaboom - [Episode Ends]

I wonder if Pikachu will get an extra win. Whether Ash wins or loses the “final” battle of the series, Pikachu gets a Win or a Draw, so if Pikachu doesn’t get any wins prior to Charizard, which seems likely since it seems very likely Mr. Rime, Dragapult, & Rillaboom will be taken down by Sirfetch’d, Dragonite, & Lucario. I can’t picture him defeating Cinderace either, so unless the previews hid it well, Pikachu COULD defeat Mr. Rime but my point being, Pikachu always gets a double KO or 1 win minimum in every final battle:

Ritchie - Butterfree

Drake(OI) - Ditto & Dragonite

Harrison - Kecleon

Tyson - Metagross

Brandon - Regice

Tobias - Latios(Draw)

Cameron - Samurott & Swana

Alain - Tyranitar & Metagross

Kukui - Tapu Koko

So if Pikachu gets to Leon’s Charizard as the final showdown & Pikachu has no wins, then you can bet that Ash will 100% win.

Sirfetch'd is not drawing, check the preview.

Back on topic, I don't understand the sudden hate for Serena. Must be some sore Iris fan, having the most useless champion in the M8. And before anyone says Alain, ABSOLUTELY ANYONE who faced Leon as the first opponent was bound to lose.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’m so tired of hearing about Serena both from her fans and haters. She isn’t here, it’s time to move on. Dawn is here for more Sinnoh promotion. I wish Brock and Misty had been here, but it is what it is.
She is here.
In our hearts :)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's so weird, despite this being intended as the most important battle Ash will have, i find it hard to care that much about it. 25 years of build up for Ash to face the strongest trainer known, possibly obtaining that title, and yet i feel nothing more than a small, casual curiosity of what will happen after this.
Cuz Leon is boring and one dimensional
And Ash doesn’t even use his reserves so where is the buildup ..

Pteranodonte

Because there was no build up at all, with Ash not using his strongest team and the opponent being an overrated and bland Charizard dude with no personality.
We should have got Ash facing against each regional champion with his various regional teams, with the final battle being his best team against a real world champion.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Same here.

This is why I find it weird when people are hoping that THIS is the culmination of Ash's 25 years of history. Like, this is what you all want? Leon as Ash's main obstacle? No reserves whatsoever? Only two companions in the stadium, and Ash's mom and Oak watching from home?

The current situation simply does not feel like 'the end' of Ash Ketchum and Pikachu.

Ali.Frenstein

Same here.

This is why I find it weird when people are hoping that THIS is the culmination of Ash's 25 years of history. Like, this is what you all want? Leon as Ash's main obstacle? No reserves whatsoever? Only two companions in the stadium, and Ash's mom and Oak watching from home?

The current situation simply does not feel like 'the end' of Ash Ketchum and Pikachu.

Yes, that's right. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.