• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: SM94 - Ghost Pokémon Everywhere! Everyone's Haunted House!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Suiren's sisters Ho and Sui have said they want to go to a haunted house, so everyone at the Pokémon School decide to help them make one!

------

Suiren's sisters Ho and Sui have been pestering Suiren about wanting to go to a haunted house. When she brings this up at the Pokémon School the next day, Acerola, who happens to be visiting from Ula'ula Island that day, gives her a certain idea: They'll host a haunted house in the Pokémon School's main building.

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director でんさおり (Saori Den)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ugh fillers seemingly set to continue, and even worse, it involves Lana and her horrible sisters.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So will Marowak's Ghost-typing finally be used in this episode? I want Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar to stay out of this episode, those three are so overused.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Hmmmm interesting. This is airing on Monday? Or on the 28th?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Lana is the SM girl with the most personality, I don't see the problem.

Well I personally don't like her much, but my main gripe is mostly that it seems to be a focus episode on her sisters, and I especially can't stand them.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well I was expecting more filler since a) this is SM and b) we just finished an important "arc" but yikes. Only the Pikachu and Masked Royale episodes have my focus. I can't wait to see the exaggerated faces & slapstick /s

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well I guess that will be some more fun. I guess the little sisters will dress up as ghosts or something scary to scare people around and it'll be pretty hilarious for them to find out that the ghosts were the sisters in disguise.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Another filler possibly! Initially i thought the change of airing date would mean SM would improve.. but i guess i was wrong!
What does the change of airdate and the quality of episodes have to do with each other? This episode was probably written already before the change anyway.

Anyway this doesn't sound exciting and I don't like Lana's sisters that much. Lana herself really could use an episode right about now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh, that episode is definitely a Halloween reference. Maybe there could be a trick-or-treat reference in this episode where candies could be handed out somewhere as possible prizes for getting through the monster house.

ShadowForce720

It would be kind of funny if someone winds up getting a capture here that is part Ghost type for instance, Kiawe getting a Litwick(Ghost/Fire)(although I supposed this would be a bit redundant since he already has Alolan Marowak which is the same typing just reverse), Mallow getting a Phantump(Ghost/Grass), or Lana getting a Frillish(Water/Ghost). Also yes I know that right now nothing suggest that this episode would be a capture episode, I'm just saying it would be interesting and a nice surprised if it did turn out to be a capture episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So seemingly a filler episode focusing on Ho and Sui, full of ghost/haunted and spooky stuff? Meh. Doubt this will be an enjoyable filler. The last good 'spooky ghost' episode we had was way back in BW, a.k.a. Scare At The Litwick Manision! Doubt this episode would be as good as that TBH.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
A Halloween-themed episode, huh? We have many ghost episodes, but I can't recall how often many of them aired in October off the top of my head.

While I'd love to see Acerola appear, since she's a Ghost Trainer, this being a Lana episode makes sense since she's the trickster among the main cast and has told scary stories in the past.

Well I personally don't like her much, but my main gripe is mostly that it seems to be a focus episode on her sisters, and I especially can't stand them.

The last episode that "seemed to focus" on Harper and Sarah ended up having almost nothing to do with them. This'll probably be a similar case.

Synopses aren't a full representation of the episode.

Ignition

So seemingly a filler episode focusing on Ho and Sui, full of ghost/haunted and spooky stuff? Meh. Doubt this will be an enjoyable filler. The last good 'spooky ghost' episode we had was way back in BW, a.k.a. Scare At The Litwick Manision! Doubt this episode would be as good as that TBH.
What about Scary Hospitality in XY?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
One episode had the gang get dragged to literal hell while the other was just a bunch of pranks from the Gastly line. I think I would know which episode to choose lol (and TR was pretty done well in the former too).

Ignition

One episode had the gang get dragged to literal hell while the other was just a bunch of pranks from the Gastly line. I think I would know which episode to choose lol (and TR was pretty done well in the former too).
I do prefer the former (one of my personal highlights of Unova) as the entire thing kept me engaged from start to finish

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
TBH I found pretty average, it seemed like it was sort of a rip-off from the Gastly-Haunter-Gengar episodes back in OS and DP and sort of lacked originality too. And this is coming from someone who won the 'Biggest Fan Of The XY series' award in the 2017-18 PAD awards thread. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.