• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: SM94 - Ghost Pokémon Everywhere! Everyone's Haunted House!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I wouldn't expect any Z-Crystal to be handed out in this episode. At most I only expect Acerola to use a Z-Move and showcase Never Ending Nightmare.

Well I mean hey was any one expecting Lillie to get handed the Ice Z-crystal in episode 80, I mean sure it's possible that a Z-crystal wouldn't be handed out here, but then again it's possible that one of the Ghost type pokemon could have it on them or maybe Acerola gives one to Ash. When it comes to Acerola the main problem with the idea of her using a Z-move is that the only confirmed pokemon she has is her Mimikyu which is a actual Ghost that can't attack anything because when it tries to it's attacks wind up having no effect, so I don't really think it would make that much sense for her to use a Z-move with it if it's not going to have any actual effect.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well I mean hey was any one expecting Lillie to get handed the Ice Z-crystal in episode 80, I mean sure it's possible that a Z-crystal wouldn't be handed out here, but then again it's possible that one of the Ghost type pokemon could have it on them or maybe Acerola gives one to Ash. When it comes to Acerola the main problem with the idea of her using a Z-move is that the only confirmed pokemon she has is her Mimikyu which is a actual Ghost that can't attack anything because when it tries to it's attacks wind up having no effect, so I don't really think it would make that much sense for her to use a Z-move with it if it's not going to have any actual effect.
It's known that Mimi-tan is an actual ghost and can't inflict damage with Shadow Claw but it'll definitely be a surprise if any Z-Moves used from it does indeed land a hit. Even though it seems impractical for her to use it, because the Z-Move is impossible to hit in terms of practicality, the writers can throw in a twist to show what's unexpected like how Lillie got the Icium Z and can show that it isn't really confined by expectations.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I actually did predict that but I see your point

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Weird how the Gourgeist emerged from their pumpkins. Sarah and Harper as Beautifly and Vivillon look kinda weird but still it's kinda funny. I wonder how did Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Pikachu, Snowy and Alolan Marowak end up as puppets.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Weird how the Gourgeist emerged from their pumpkins. Sarah and Harper as Beautifly and Vivillon look kinda weird but still it's kinda funny. I wonder how did Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Pikachu, Snowy and Alolan Marowak end up as puppets.

Probably ghost voodoo or whatever.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Probably ghost voodoo or whatever.
Maybe. At best for now I think they only did so through magic or they're probably voodoo dolls.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Acerola's presence makes anything an instant 10
Really hope some of those Ghosts are hers
More particularly Phantump
Cause that Pokemon definitely needs more screen time and focus
It was stupid how neither James nor Ash got one....

If Ash was getting Ghostnium then why skip him getting a reward for the Ghost trial? It'd make no sense for him to get it here.... And it was kinda obvious Lillie was getting Icium back then.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think we'll add this episode to the Weirdest Episodes of the Anime thread.

DatsRight

Looks like it's gonna be a Lana and Acerola episode, with the others put out of action by being turned into dolls (interesting call back to the OS).

Nice to see Gourgeist again.

satopi

Let the girls handle this. It'll be funny if the girls do all the work since the guys are too busy being freaked out, acting like it's a horror-coaster.

DatsRight

Let the girls handle this. It'll be funny if the girls do all the work since the guys are too busy being freaked out, acting like it's a horror-coaster.

Meh, never been big on the positive discrimination route. I like Lillie for not being a buzzkill with the slapstick/wacky transformation/endearing humiliation antics like the other main girls often seem to be. Even worse if they went the whole way like an 80s/90s cartoon episode and randomly made Ash into a sexist.

Sophocles doesn't seem to be put out of action though, unless he and Mallow were turned into dolls offscreen.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Seems like this episode is gonna be a scary filler, but even with Acerola in, I still doubt this episode can match the quality of Ghoul Daze (DP) and Scare At The Litwick Mansion (BW). Hope the scary moments are shown more and the slapstick moments are kept to a minimum.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Seems like this episode it gonna be a pretty filler, but even with Acerola in, I still doubt this episode can match the quality of Ghoul Daze (DP) and The Litwick Mansion (BW). Hope the scary moments are shown more and the slapstick moments are kept to a minimum.

And even those can't compare to Seeking Shelter from the Storm. To me, that is the best haunted house episode till date from any series (even if it didn't actually have any Ghost Pokémon in it).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And even those can't compare to Seeking Shelter from the Storm. To me, that is the best haunted house episode till date from any series (even if it didn't actually have any Ghost Pokémon in it).
You mean the episode in early XY where Espurr's debut occurred? Oh well.....I have almost forgotten about that episode at this point TBH. I guess I'll have to rewatch it again to judge. :)

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
So nice to see Shuppet and Banette here! It's always nice to get appearances for that line.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So nice to see Shuppet and Banette here! It's always nice to get appearances for that line.
A Mega Banette appearing here would have been even better I think. ;)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Do you in terms of how good the episode was or how scary it was?

satopi

Meh, never been big on the positive discrimination route. I like Lillie for not being a buzzkill with the slapstick/wacky transformation/endearing humiliation antics like the other main girls often seem to be. Even worse if they went the whole way like an 80s/90s cartoon episode and randomly made Ash into a sexist.

Sophocles doesn't seem to be put out of action though, unless he and Mallow were turned into dolls offscreen.
My apologies, I didn't mean it like that (I also hate those forced scenes where the male character suddenly turns into a sexist an be put in his place by the kickass independent girls who need no man). I meant it as I want more screentime for female characters like Lana or Acerola to be put into use and not Ash and Kiawe who has had more than enough scenes showcasing their ability to save everyone... and also the most expected. I wanna see action girl Lana put her status into well, action and her being placed with Acerola in that scene piqued my interest.

I love Ash (and Kiawe) but they've had more than enough times where they saved everyone. Sophocles barely puts himself into that role and there just so happens to be more females than males. It isn't "positive discrimination" that I want another character shining in that leadership moment when they so desperately won't have another chance to do so. And besides, it's Lana's little sisters! Acerola has a connection with spirits (and has Mimi tan). At least they have valid reasons on why they could be the stars of this episode.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Do you in terms of how good the episode was or how scary it was?

How good it was. Scare at the Litwick Mansion and Ghoul Daze were probably 'scarier', but in terms of overall episode, I enjoyed the Espurr episode the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.