• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: SM94 - Ghost Pokémon Everywhere! Everyone's Haunted House!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

Actually, thinking about it, with the obvious exception of Lillie, the girls have had almost no direct damsel in distress moments anyway. In fact, amusingly, despite the difference in physical involvement, it's more likely that Ash and Kiawe get captured/taken out to push Lana and Mallow's credibility than vice versa, to the point it's almost all they have (eg. Tsareena's two evolution episodes, the shrinking episode, the Dhelmise episode, and more comically the running gag with Kiawe). Ash's moments are actually more liable to utilise team work or at worst have the others absent, or watching stupidly in background forgetting they HAVEN'T been captured/taken out. :p

I guess my apathy with Mallow and Lana is that they're kinda in that mediocre role where they aren't really getting big moments of competence but they're not really given fallible qualities either. As said nothing really targets them in the first place. The more powerful characters are more liable to fall or face daunting situations before them. I feel more for Lillie or Sophocles getting their big moments because they have weaknesses and suffer the same crap Ash does, and thus a need to branch out, and they don't rely quite as much on 'cutting the tall poppies' whenever they're in the limelight (even if they have got to return the favour for Ash a few times).

The trading of the 'leadership' role is something I wanna see more of too though, granted Ash himself is a de facto leader at best in SM, being fine listening to others' directions (I actually like premises where the main character isn't necessarily the leader).

Last edited:

NitroLightningFlash

This must be the 'Halloween' episode right? Saw the preview and my interest in this episode has risen after realizing that the gang will get to meet Acerola here as only Ash knows her at the moment.

Her Mimikyu's attacks don't work with it being an actual 'ghost' so to speak (how does that even work anyway? xD ), but maybe she'll show off another ghost type Pokemon and perform the Ghost Z move here? If all the Gen 7 ghost types have debuted at this point (can't think of any who haven't, correct me if i'm wrong x3), then i hope she uses Dhelmise and/or Pallosand, we've only seen them both 'properly' (i mean they had a significant role in the episodes they appeared) once a while back (i lean more towards Dhelmise than Pallosand though-such a cool Pokemon imo ^^) : P

I hope Lana and/or Acerola are the 'heroines' here (i get a feeling of that a lot in the preview-especially the part when they're in the boat). Also the part where Ash/Pikachu/Kiawe/Marowak/Lillie and Snowy fell down as 'dolls'(??) that kind of creeped me out xD

Can't wait to see this episode! ^^

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What were the writers on when they made this episode?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
How good it was. Scare at the Litwick Mansion and Ghoul Daze were probably 'scarier', but in terms of overall episode, I enjoyed the Espurr episode the most.
Good, because I was like, "that wasn't a very scary episode". I'm sure this one will be a good one, and unlike BW026, Ash and co. will get to actually explore another ghostly dimension, (unless its the same one). Seeing as Shuppet is tagging along, it might actually be Acerola's. I don't know why else it would get so much importance, unless its just a friend of hers. I'd also like to know what type of liquid that lake is in, and why that's supposed to be scary. Is it chocolate and are Lana and Acerola allergic to it?

What were the writers on when they made this episode?
The same thing that they were on when they made BW045.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm loving how crazy this episode is looking so far. Halloween episodes are fun, and this one seems amusingly bizarre and might overtake the pancake race episode as my favorite SM filler.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This must be the 'Halloween' episode right? Saw the preview and my interest in this episode has risen after realizing that the gang will get to meet Acerola here as only Ash knows her at the moment.
This must be the Halloween episode of this year. These ones tend to take the slot just before Halloween.

NitroLightningFlash

This must be the Halloween episode of this year. These ones tend to take the slot just before Halloween.

That's cool, most of the 'Halloween'/'Scary' episodes have been at least watchable so hopefully this one will be just as good! It will be interesting to see how the companions react and interact with Acerola ^^

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's cool, most of the 'Halloween'/'Scary' episodes have been at least watchable so hopefully this one will be just as good! It will be interesting to see how the companions react and interact with Acerola ^^
Yeah. It’s expected there will be a lot of chemistry here and perhaps their relationship with Acerola will be put to the test.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
The preview for this episode looks pretty interesting. I was interested when we found out that Acerola is coming back but now Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Pikachu, and Snowy are getting turned to dolls. You have my interest, episode

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The preview for this episode looks pretty interesting. I was interested when we found out that Acerola is coming back but now Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Pikachu, and Snowy are getting turned to dolls. You have my interest, episode
I still wonder what will happen to them once they turn into dolls. For now I don’t think too much will happen to them and they’ll be played with by Banette. But at some point they’ll eventually revert back to their old selves.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I still wonder what will happen to them once they turn into dolls. For now I don’t think too much will happen to them and they’ll be played with by Banette. But at some point they’ll eventually revert back to their old selves.

I’ve been wondering that. That’s the most I can see happening. Probably won’t happen till the end and I’m expecting it to be like Banette is lonely and wants to play with someone so that’s why they are getting turned to dolls

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’ve been wondering that. That’s the most I can see happening. Probably won’t happen till the end and I’m expecting it to be like Banette is lonely and wants to play with someone so that’s why they are getting turned to dolls
I think they’ll turn back quite soon to much of Banette’s surprise. And then Banette could then attack them and they flee.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I think they’ll turn back quite soon to much of Banette’s surprise. And then Banette could then attack them and they flee.

I can see that happening but I don’t think it’s gonna happen that way. I personally think Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Snowy, and Pikachu will be turned back to normal when the others find a friend for Banette. But I would definitely be up for happening really fast.

And even those can't compare to Seeking Shelter from the Storm. To me, that is the best haunted house episode till date from any series (even if it didn't actually have any Ghost Pokémon in it).

Meh, I definitely think Ghoul Daze and Scare at Litwick Mansion are better episodes compared to the Espurr episode. I did enjoy it but I think there are much better episodes that are a lot scarier.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ash, Pikachu, Lillie, Snowy, Kiawe and Marowak are actually getting turned to dolls this episode? Well, that escalated quickly. Talk about a throwback to the original series when Brock & Misty were turned into dolls by Sabrina.

I want to watch this episode as soon as it airs but I can’t since I’m going to be in New Orleans when it airs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I can see that happening but I don’t think it’s gonna happen that way. I personally think Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Snowy, and Pikachu will be turned back to normal when the others find a friend for Banette. But I would definitely be up for happening really fast.
There are a lot of Ghosts around so I definitely expect Banette to find them really soon. Maybe it finally gets to befriend a group of Ghosts, which causes the puppets to turn back to normal. But anyway I think a similar spell would have caused Sarah and Harper to turn into Beautifly and Vivillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.