• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 29th: PM2019 085 - Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saito!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Wonder what Bea will use as her third Pokemon? Pangoro would be pretty cool

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Subjective.

Dynamax is actually mechanically better, because it means any Pokemon can use it out of the blue in a battle, whereas Mega Evolution is very specific in choices.

Dyna/gigantamaxing is also very specific in it's own way, since given the lore of it, it can't be used or replicated outside of Galar, where as the other gimmicks can be.

I'm hoping this puts Bea to "rest" effectively, i mean i thought she would be the one Ash would fight to get into the master class, but perhaps getting her out of the way is better now.

I've pretty much expressed my sentiments previously where I was worried on the handling of Mega Lucario and needless to say that this news has essentially confirmed my worst fears, if it's true that this episode comes right after the Korrina-Mega Lucario episode as it seems to.

I'll write up a much larger post later going in depth with the significant writing flaws present with this situation and I'll address some of the common rebuttals.

Best summary of what it'll be is that I think everything here has been incredibly rushed with major lost potential for the Pokemon that had the the most of it and I think people are excusing this in ways that they wouldn't for prior series because of how low Journeys has set the bar for adequate Pokemon development. Bearing some miracle, significantly disappointed.

why wait, go ahead and tell us now what the problems are.

Wonder what Bea will use as her third Pokemon? Pangoro would be pretty cool

Well i know some still want Sirfetch'd to get retribution on her Hawlucha but who knows.

nuzamaki90

The battle we’ve been waiting for, with the climax I’ve personally been hoping for since Bea was first introduced. I can’t wait to see this all play out as I can’t explain how excited I am.

My thing is, during the DD arc, a Galar Yamask appeared in the stadium, so I wonder if Allister will be here too and how that’ll be handled.

Oh and as far as predictions go, aside from Pikachu I’m expecting this to be a Fighting-type showdown. Let’s let Sirfetch’d get his revenge on Hawlucha.

Honestly, the events that have occurred and have been revealed over the last week (mainly today) have disgusted me. I hate how Ash is given a Mega, G-Max, and the Nuke all within the span of ten episodes, it’s a ploy. I could write a 30 page essay on how the Pokémon anime is so deeply in **** that it may be best to cancel it and start from scratch

ShadowForce720

Hopefully Ash's other Pokemon in addition to Lucario and Sirfetch'd is Dragonite. Pikachu can sit this one out
Isn’t already confirmed that Ash is using Pikachu in this battle? because I’m pretty sure the preview of upcoming episodes showed Ash using Pikachu in the stadium that this battle is happening at.

nuzamaki90

Honestly, the events that have occurred and have been revealed over the last week (mainly today) have disgusted me. I hate how Ash is given a Mega, G-Max, and the Nuke all within the span of ten episodes, it’s a ploy. I could write a 30 page essay on how the Pokémon anime is so deeply in **** that it may be best to cancel it and start from scratch
Ash has had his Z-Ring for 5 years now, and he got the Dynamax Band in the beginning of JN. The only thing that’s new here is Ash’s Mega and I honestly don’t understand what the big deal is. Seems like people just want a retread of Korrina’s arc with Lucario when that has literally only been the case with her. We’ve seen several other characters with Megas not go through what Korrina went through because her situation was completely different to everyone else’s.

We don’t need a mini training arc for every new addition to Ash’s team, especially when it has to do with bonds that have already been established.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash has had his Z-Ring for 5 years now, and he got the Dynamax Band in the beginning of JN.
The thing is that he's using all these within 10 episodes in quick succession rather than using them slowly before. Mega Evolution is perhaps the worst offender of them all because he obtains it one episode without absolutely no warning and then uses it to its full extent literally the next episode.

The Z-Ring kind of also comes out of nowhere, despite having precedence.

Dynamax is the one feature they're not having him use against Bea. It's kind of weird (and no, saying "Dynamax sucks" is not an excuse), but I guess they had to set up Bea as a rival for Lucario, who pretty much has no G-Max and never will by now...so they sped the train with Mega Evolution.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Of course I meant the battle side in general and not the lore side of things.

I'm aware, but it's not like it balances things anyway, none of the gimmicks do.

We don’t need a mini training arc for every new addition to Ash’s team, especially when it has to do with bonds that have already been established.

Agreed, especially when the summary even backs it up.

The thing is that he's using all these within 10 episodes in quick succession rather than using them slowly before.

is there any indication of him using Dynamax band anytime soon?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ash getting all these power ups is basically like how Naruto got all his ridiculous power ups in the war arc. Even their starts are similar, starting off as the 'rookie underdog' before getting all the power ups and leaving everyone else in the dust. Ash's team for the final battle has to be Pikachu, Greninja, Infernape, Lucario, Naganadel and Melmetal, with Pikachu pulling off a dynamaxed Z Move.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash getting all these power ups is basically like how Naruto got all his ridiculous power ups in the war arc. Even their starts are similar, starting off as the 'rookie underdog' before getting all the power ups and leaving everyone else in the dust. Ash's team for the final battle has to be Pikachu, Greninja, Infernape, Lucario, Naganadel and Melmetal, with Pikachu pulling off a dynamaxed Z Move.
No Charizard?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash getting all these power ups is basically like how Naruto got all his ridiculous power ups in the war arc. Even their starts are similar, starting off as the 'rookie underdog' before getting all the power ups and leaving everyone else in the dust.

your making it seem worse than it really is, if Ash had been using his Z-ring and Dyna Band earlier on and more often it'd be one thing but that's not the case.

Heck waiting until now when things are getting hard to use those tools is a good way of thinking, because you should save your big guns for when you really need em, not just abuse them all the time.

As far as Mega evolution goes, he should've been given one back during his run through Kalos, but the writers were still in their cage minded mentality at the time, thinking only of promoting the new pokemon on Ash thus we got AG, because Ash wasn't getting Mega-Diancie.

That depends if he wears it in the one shot we have of him in the stadium or he removed it prior, which I doubt.

so you assume Ash has his Dyna Band when he's fighting Bea? or Don't...sorry the wording confuses me sometimes.

Also curious to see how Lucario is going to fight that giant thing. I'm assuming he'll run up his arms and Force Palm his face or something.

I'd rather he just use Aura Storm (the smash bros finisher) or Steel Beam and fry G-max Machamp DBZ style.

Red and Blue

Isn’t already confirmed that Ash is using Pikachu in this battle? because I’m pretty sure the preview of upcoming episodes showed Ash using Pikachu in the stadium that this battle is happening at.
Well I can't tell if that stadium is the same one as Stow on the Side but if it is then Dragonite better get the next PWC match

Status
Not open for further replies.