• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 29th: PM2019 085 - Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saito!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Hot take but I don't think Gengar should be in this fight considering we know it will get some focus going forward with its gigantamax. I'm more concerned about Sirfetch'd and Dracovish

ShadowForce720

Expect Sirfetch’d to be the fallguy if Lucario defeats grapploct
Not really otherwise there is no point in Bea using her Hawlucha over one of her other Pokémon if Sirfetch’d wasn’t going to beat it. So if anything it’s pretty likely that Pikachu will be the fall guy this time unless it beats Grapploct.

See Lucario's victory is inevitable but Sirfetched and Gengar booth deserve wins because these Pokémon barely battle or get any time to shine but one HAS to lose to create any decent tension but if they had these Pokémon get significant focus beforehand this wouldn't be an issue so no matter who's the fall guy I'll be disappointed lol
Except looking at it the most likely Pokémon to be the fall guy here is Pikachu.

Not really otherwise there is no point in Bea using her Hawlucha over one of her other Pokémon if Sirfetch’d wasn’t going to beat it. So if anything it’s pretty likely that Pikachu will be the fall guy this time unless it beats Grapploct.

Except looking at it the most likely Pokémon to be the fall guy here is Pikachu.
Do you think Sirfetch’d will defeat Hawlucha with that moveset

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
D

Deleted member 384931

Talking talking talking. To think this "rivalry" wouldnt have happend if Satoshi used Dragonite or Gengar. Dragonite could have hugged Grapploct to death. Their second battle was not necessary (what was the point of that??) and now their third battle they will start talking for half an episode before batteling. This episode could easily have been 1 episode focussing on the battle like Volkners. It is like "oh no, we have to give this" rivalry" some depth fast".

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanator

It's obviously gonna be Pika Lucario and Sirfetch'd if Hawlucha's Saito's third like Pokenchi implied and I don't think it'd make any sense to make that revenge match a loss for Fetch'd, it'd AT LEAST be a tie, if there's a fall guy it's Pikachu (and they can make it look impressive regardless by putting up a fight against Machamp so it's an easy Pikachu L moment to write in way that makes sense).

Anyway they seemingly will introduce the full teams to each other (only Dracovish is missing from the list but it's voiced by Horiuchi aka the narrator so that's always gonna be the case), that's awesome, hope the whole first half is a wholesome interactions session.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'd be excited about Ash's Pokemon supposedly getting decent screentime, but the summary makes it sound like they're being used to pad the runtime to ensure the battle lasts a second episode.
How is it padding when its necessary character interaction between 2 rivals which has been lacking? As well as pokemon focus in general? Damned if you do, damned if you dont

D

Deleted member 384931

I'd be excited about Ash's Pokemon supposedly getting decent screentime, but the summary makes it sound like they're being used to pad the runtime to ensure the battle lasts a second episode.
I know right lol

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Didn't catch that third mon' in the preview but we do see Pikachu having a go at Otsopus and Lucario taking on Luchabull/Kairiky. I can't imagine they'll be having Pikachu lose to the octopus a second time in the row and the usage of Electro Web looked really innovative in keeping the tentacles pinned down so this is maybe the answer to Octolock-Pikachu's version I think. Looks like the Aura Jackal might get its two wins and shine with Pikachu taking out the octopus.

Stoked that it looks like we'll get some cute Saito interactions this episode, she looks way better past her "I'm a jerk/antagonistic and will avoid smiling or kindness." schtick from her first appearances. Just some different faucets to her are nice to see at least.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Preview

D

Deleted member 384931

Didn't catch that third mon' in the preview but we do see Pikachu having a go at Otsopus and Lucario taking on Luchabull/Kairiky. I can't imagine they'll be having Pikachu lose to the octopus a second time in the row and the usage of Electro Web looked really innovative in keeping the tentacles pinned down so this is maybe the answer to Octolock-Pikachu's version I think. Looks like the Aura Jackal might get its two wins and shine with Pikachu taking out the octopus.

Stoked that it looks like we'll get some cute Saito interactions this episode, she looks way better past her "I'm a jerk/antagonistic and will avoid smiling or kindness." schtick from her first appearances. Just some different faucets to her are nice to see at least.
What would be stupid in my opinion. What was the point of their rivalry then?

Pteranodonte

So the first matchup is Pikachu vs Squidward.
I am guessing then:

Pikachu vs Squidward: Squidward
Lucario vs Squidward: Lucario
Lucario vs Hawlucha: Lucario recalled
Sirfetch'd vs Hawlucha: Sirfetch'd
Sirfetch'd vs Machamp: Machamp
Lucario vs Machamp: Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.