• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 29th: PM2019 085 - Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saito!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi is going to battle Saito, a rival he's already had two fierce matches with before, in the Pokémon World Championships. When he goes with Go to the Lateral Stadium where the match is going to be held, they suddenly run into Saito there. She and Satoshi are both really enthused about the next day's battle and introduce each other to their Pokémon. It's now time for a Hyper Class battle between Satoshi, equipped with a Mega Glove, and Saito, equipped with a Daimax Band, to begin.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 新岡浩美 (Hiromi Niioka)

----

QKNXj5B.jpg

A SUPER BATTLE: KYODAIMAX VS MEGA EVOLUTION!!!!

KAIRIKY (KYODAIMAX FORM) AND MEGA LUCARIO BATTLE!
Satoshi and Saito finally clash for the 3rd time! And believe it or not, Mega Lucario will be facing a Kyodaimaxed Kairiky! How will it fight such a bigger opponent?! Definitely don't miss this super intense match!!

"Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saito!!" airs Friday October 29th!

Last edited:
Ok, I'm jumping on the GMAX vs. Mega Evolution bandwagon.

and mega evolution has worked before in Pokemon let's Go but not Pokemon Sword and shield for obvious reasons? ok Dynamax and GMax replaces Mega Evolution for Pokemon Sword and shield only.

I gotta admit that Mega Evolution is better than Dynamax and GMax.

I've pretty much expressed my sentiments previously where I was worried on the handling of Mega Lucario and needless to say that this news has essentially confirmed my worst fears, if it's true that this episode comes right after the Korrina-Mega Lucario episode as it seems to.

I'll write up a much larger post later going in depth with the significant writing flaws present with this situation and I'll address some of the common rebuttals.

Best summary of what it'll be is that I think everything here has been incredibly rushed with major lost potential for the Pokemon that had the the most of it and I think people are excusing this in ways that they wouldn't for prior series because of how low Journeys has set the bar for adequate Pokemon development. Bearing some miracle, significantly disappointed.

Any chance Bea will be written off after this episode?

How about Klara in her place instead... wait... she doesn't exist in Pokemon Anime universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.