• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 29th: Pocket Monsters XY Special - The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

I'm sorry, but when did the main cast get involved in this act? Sure, I'd like to see it happen, but it's not at all going to imo.

I do believe that Meyer will make an appearance in this act, maybe aiding Sycamore/Platane in battle?

Hahaha lol. You are right off course, but i am talking about the possibility they are gonna meet in the main series. I like to see this. And yes, Meyer should appear in this act. Maybe he takes the Mega Stone from Alain back from Malva and returns it to him.

Veens

Hahaha lol. You are right off course, but i am talking about the possibility they are gonna meet in the main series. I like to see this. And yes, Meyer should appear in this act. Maybe he takes the Mega Stone from Alain back from Malva and returns it to him.

Ah, I see. I was a bit confused about your post since it's in a very specific thread ;)

About Meyer appearing, I do believe he's going to in this act, but I'm kind of hoping that he'll fulfill a minor role, because he's already showcased Mega Evolution in the main anime a couple of times.
It'd be too much if he did something big in the ME series imo.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I doubt Meyer/Limone is appearing in Act IV. I think Meyer will appear in the main anime later in the series, specially if they return to Lumiose/Miare City.

Also, I wonder how they'll do 10 battles and the plot with the "green blob" in a 25 minute episode. I expect two things:
-Or Act II is going to last 2 episodes (either as a 1-hour special or as two episodes wth separate dates).
-Or they're only focusing on the battle with Malva (what makes sense).

Personally, if we get 2 episodes for the last Act and 3-5 battles on-screen, I'll be more than satisfied.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Personally, if we get 2 episodes for the last Act and 3-5 battles on-screen, I'll be more than satisfied.

This is the final Act though, and it's just one episode as far as we know. So Alain's journey will simply transition into the main anime next.

nickdt

I doubt Meyer/Limone is appearing in Act IV. I think Meyer will appear in the main anime later in the series, specially if they return to Lumiose/Miare City.

Also, I wonder how they'll do 10 battles and the plot with the "green blob" in a 25 minute episode. I expect two things:
-Or Act II is going to last 2 episodes (either as a 1-hour special or as two episodes wth separate dates).
-Or they're only focusing on the battle with Malva (what makes sense).

Most likely flashbacks of the other battles, while we see them being knock-out. Than, during the Malve battle, the Blob plot is started.

Lorde

Most likely flashbacks of the other battles, while we see them being knock-out.

Unfortunately. I'd love to see substantial Mega battles here, but 22 minutes simply isn't enough to showcase all ten Megas properly.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Unfortunately. I'd love to see substantial Mega battles here, but 22 minutes simply isn't enough to showcase all ten Megas properly.

This.

Heck, some of them will probably be like poor Tyrantiar in Act III, who just showed up for heck of it with barely any screentime. Poor dope didn't even get to use a move!

I have a feeling that'll happen here too :(

Please note we didn't see Aggron and Pinsir during the trailer like the other Megas seen in the poster. I bet they'll just get a few seconds of being pwned by Chari-X. What we saw of the battle with Mega Venusaur isn't very encouraging either...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Most likely flashbacks of the other battles, while we see them being knock-out. Than, during the Malve battle, the Blob plot is started.

Right now I don't even care about the blob pokemon it just seems like a small teaser for next year's film's plot.

Remix2

Looking at the poster and how the megas on there are position, I got a feeling that mega houndoom and aggron are going to be the most important pokemons in the act(and also the little green blob things).

Of course may be looking way too hard into it.

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
I would never go near the Pokemon Speculation thread with this theory, but does anyone else think that Malva might be the one to main Mega Charizard Y (I know he's not included on the poster, but these Mega Evolution Acts always seem to get "updated" posters as they get closer to airing, like what happened with I and II). I mean, it would continue the trend from Siebold and an "ultimate" fire type capable of using Drought would make sense for her. This is purely speculation on my part, for all we know Houndoom might be hers, but I would assume she's involved in this "Mega Tournament" somehow.

Lorde

I would never go near the Pokemon Speculation thread with this theory, but does anyone else think that Malva might be the one to main Mega Charizard Y (I know he's not included on the poster, but these Mega Evolution Acts always seem to get "updated" posters as they get closer to airing, like what happened with I and II).

Imo, no since it'd be a huge deal and it's not even implied thus far. Plus she shouldn't need two Megas imho. :x

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I would never go near the Pokemon Speculation thread with this theory, but does anyone else think that Malva might be the one to main Mega Charizard Y (I know he's not included on the poster, but these Mega Evolution Acts always seem to get "updated" posters as they get closer to airing, like what happened with I and II). I mean, it would continue the trend from Siebold and an "ultimate" fire type capable of using Drought would make sense for her. This is purely speculation on my part, for all we know Houndoom might be hers, but I would assume she's involved in this "Mega Tournament" somehow.

It makes more sense if Ash uses Mega Charizard Y in my opinion. Anyway Mega Charizard Y doesn't seem to be in this episode anyway. Malva is likely to use Mega Houndoom but I am more interested in Zygarde and the blobs.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So do we know where this act is taking place in terms of cities??

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
So do we know where this act is taking place in terms of cities??

I don't think it's been confirmed at all but I imagine it's either going to be either fully or partially in lumiose and leading to somewhere close to where ash is going to be at the time so that the meeting of the two parties is very set up.

Remix2

Since this is the final act, i wonder if they'll show a special trailer at the end to highlight any future episodes related to team flare or Alain in the main series?

Last edited:

AshSerena

my speculation for this, Alan getting the Mega Charizard Y and its not Ash. the summary said that Alan bets his Mega Ring and Key stone. so what if he lose battle againts 10mega evolve pokemon and start searching for another key/mega stone and met Ash during his searching. and like korina arc ,Ash help Alan to get his stone/key. Since he got his X Charizard from Lysandre.(i dont remember if Lysandre lend it or he give it to Alan)i think he needs to find his own Key Stone And Charizard Y stone.

But it will be awesome if Ash getting the Y Charizard since i wanna see a battle between Y and X Charizard in anime

Last edited:

Lorde

my speculation for this, Alan getting the Mega Charizard Y and its not Ash. the summary said that Alan bets his Mega Ring and Key stone. so what if he lose battle againts 10mega evolve pokemon and start searching for another key/mega stone and met Ash during his searching. and like korina arc ,Ash help Alan to get his stone/key. Since he got his X Charizard from Lysandre.(i dont remember if Lysandre lend it or he give it to Alan)i think he needs to find his own Key Stone And Charizard Y stone.

Alain is synonymous with Mega Charizard X, so there's no way he'd stop using it in place of Mega Charizard Y imo even if he loses the challenge here.

Master Quest

Let's do it
At first I thought that Alain is not that strong but still beat ash because writers want him to but now he beats 9 megas in a row and hopefully lands a clean attack on malva's mega houndoom and does little to some damage I will not be really upset now as ash does not have any experience with megas and it will be fair to show him as a strong rival.hopefully ash keeps his charizard keystone and megastone with him permanently and not just return it after kalos league and trains hard and then they can have an epic faceoff.
However it would suck if after only 5-6 mega malva beats him or battle gets interupted.

Trout

Banned
Perhaps in this special Alain will gain some information and become aware of Ash. I definitely think they will work together to defeat Team Flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.