• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 29th: Pocket Monsters XY Special - The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
However it would suck if after only 5-6 mega malva beats him or battle gets interupted.

He's likely going to lose to Malva in my opinion unfortunately since the E4 are treated like gods in the anime, so I'm preparing myself for the first scenario.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
He's likely going to lose to Malva in my opinion unfortunately since the E4 are treated like gods in the anime, so I'm preparing myself for the first scenario.

I agree with you on that. I have never seen an Elite 4 lose to anyone else but the Champion or other Elite 4 members. I hope Alain puts up a good fight at least when he versus Malva in battle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Malva's mega Houndoom winning against mega Charizard X will look weird I think cuz of the size difference. ^^

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Malva's mega Houndoom winning against mega Charizard X will look weird I think cuz of the size difference. ^^

The same logic should have been applied to Steven's Mega Metagross, almost receiving no damage from Mega Charizard X's Blast Burn in that case.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope Alain doesn't beat an elite four member...seriously his overhyped Charizard isn't even that strong.

Lorde

Yeah I suppose, but her Mega is likely insanely skilled, so I'm sure Alain's Mega Charizard X could still be taken down by it.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I have to say, if Alain is able to beat an Elite Four member, Malva's the best candidate since she's a member of the evil team in this region and the price for failure (everyone except Team Flare dies) will be too high if animé Team Flare is anything like game Team Flare. That automatically makes her surmountable, even if it will be tough since if she can't be beaten, then it'll take Diantha or the other members of the Elite Four to stop Team Flare, and if they're not around, then the world could be SOL if things play out like the game version. The question is which Malva will come through on this...the Elite Four Malva, or the Team Flare Malva. The scenario could also indicate if she's going to be beatable or if she could possibly lose. Other than intervention from Diantha, or another champion like Lance or Cynthia, the only other way Team Flare could be stopped is if there's a Team Flare civil war of some sort since if Malva's unbeatable to Alain, there's no way Ash and friends will be able to beat her.

Lorde

I have to say, if Alain is able to beat an Elite Four member, Malva's the best candidate since she's a member of the evil team in this region and the price for failure (everyone except Team Flare dies) will be too high if animé Team Flare is anything like game Team Flare.

Malva may be scheming with Lysandre, but she's still an E4 member, so I doubt she'd lose. I think her status alone will save her from getting solo'd by Alain.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The same logic should have been applied to Steven's Mega Metagross, almost receiving no damage from Mega Charizard X's Blast Burn in that case.

Ah true it's just a minor nitpick from me ha ha. I just don't like it when smaller pokemon beat bigger ones even if they are megas. ^^

Lorde

Ah true it's just a minor nitpick from me ha ha. I just don't like it when smaller pokemon beat bigger ones even if they are megas. ^^

Size in the case of Megas simply isn't that important imho. Though I hope Alain doesn't sulk if he loses here and just gets over it quickly and moves on tbh.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Alain defeating Malva, and then Ash possibly defeating Alain later would tear open a huge can of worms to justify his performance late in the saga.

Lorde

Alain defeating Malva, and then Ash possibly defeating Alain later would tear open a huge can of worms to justify his performance late in the saga.

Idk. Alain's likely gonna lose in my opinion, though even if he wins it shouldn't be just so Ash's hype can increase later if he beats Alain. :x

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So how do you know this? and if he beats Malva it should prove his "overhyped" Charizard is strong.

First of all no one beats Elite Four members except other Elite Four members or Champions, why exactly should a guy with one pokemon be beating them.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
First of all no one beats Elite Four members except other Elite Four members or Champions, why exactly should a guy with one pokemon be beating them.

Exactly what I was thinking. People need a whole team to challenge the Elite 4 or champion and not even with six pokemon can they beat them. Malva is the mostly likely the winner if she and Alain battle.

Navin

MALDREAD

I don't think it would completely unreasonable if Charizard is capable of drawing against one of the E4's Pokemon. Zard/Sceptile/Pikachu have defeated legendaries from strong trainers before.

Obviously not in a full battle. But in a one on one duel? Possible.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Size in the case of Megas simply isn't that important imho. Though I hope Alain doesn't sulk if he loses here and just gets over it quickly and moves on tbh.

I think he will get over it cuz he has more stuff to deal with instead of moping. ^^

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah I suppose, but her Mega is likely insanely skilled, so I'm sure Alain's Mega Charizard X could still be taken down by it.

The thing about Houndoom, before it Mega Evolves, it can have Flash Fire as an ability. So Malva won't be in a hurry to Mega Evolve her Houndoom and just reap the benefits of her Houndoom soaking in a free boost towards it Fire-type attacks. On paper: A Flash Fired-Inferno = Blast Burn, while a Flash Fired-Fire Blast > Blast Burn.

Throw in a move such as Foul Play, Sucker Punch and I don't know, Snarl.. and MC-X has a problem coming towards it.

Maybe it's just Ash's Charizard vs. Alan's MC-X? People have been wondering how Ash is going to get MC-Y and get it to listen to him come November, when in all honesty it's a big chunk of time and very little pay-off if "getting Alan back in the saddle" is the payoff.. Are they seriously going to need both MC's to fight Team Flare if that plot goes anywhere? I think not.

Master Quest

Let's do it

Lol no way I never meant alan is going to beat malva even her torkoal would easily beat his charizard I was saying it would suck if malva appears early in the line up and not 10th but 6th or 7th then Alain would get to beat only 5 to 6 megas and loose otherwise he will beat 9 of them then a at least he will land a clean attack on her mega houndoom and looses which will better.if malva is pure evil which I doubt then she would be behind the greatest evil plot in the Pokémon history.if that is so then I would like to see Steven vs malva as Steven is the the champion which I like the most out of four introduced and he is different in terms of that he's the only champion which uses only one type(steel) of pokemon and ash and Alain would get to hold the brutal force from other mega trainers with their respective mega charizard.

Last edited:

Lorde

I think he will get over it cuz he has more stuff to deal with instead of moping. ^^

Yeah, like dealing with Lysandre and then catching up with Manon again and meeting those green blob Pokemon and Zygarde most likely, though I'm more excited for Malva's match.

Status
Not open for further replies.