• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 29th: Pocket Monsters XY Special - The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That would be cool Alakazam is the best non-legendary physic type Pokémon out there and with teleport and all the battle will be even more interesting.

Knowing the writers, Mega Alakazam will likely just use Psychic a whole bunch of times before Mega Charizard X slays it. That's why I can't get too hyped for it. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I know a lot of people are predicting that lysandre is going to show his evil side to alain in this act, but I'll rather they do that in the main series instead.

But if he shows his evil side here it could be a prelude to Team flare's schemes in the main show which sounds good to me.

Master Quest

Let's do it
But if he shows his evil side here it could be a prelude to Team flare's schemes in the main show which sounds good to me.

That's why even i want Alain to come to know about it in the act itself and it will also affect the atmosphere of ash and alain's meeting which will be intense.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I do think his intentions will finally be made clear to Alain: I just doubt that we'll see Alain and him battle here. I want it to happen, but there might not be enough time.

supersarepi

Wait this is the final one?!

Man why do good things go so fast ;;

Also has a specified date been given for Act 4?

Unfortunately yes, it says that it's the climax of the mega evolution specials in the summary we got last month in Corocoro. As for the specific date, I'm expecting it to be revealed when Corocoro leaks this weekend. Judging by the data broadcasts though, it'd have to be either the last episode in October, or in November (we know it's going to be in fall, i.e. September-November, and we know the data broadcast pokemon for all episodes from now until the second last episode of October, which is XY093).

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Unfortunately yes, it says that it's the climax of the mega evolution specials in the summary we got last month in Corocoro. As for the specific date, I'm expecting it to be revealed when Corocoro leaks this weekend. Judging by the data broadcasts though, it'd have to be either the last episode in October, or in November (we know it's going to be in fall, i.e. September-November, and we know the data broadcast pokemon for all episodes from now until the second last episode of October, which is XY093).

Thanks.

I'm just disappointed at it ending so fast. I need moar Alan/Manon action. I think for Act 4, Lysandre is going to turn evil (i.e what happens in the game, maybe Manon angers him or something?) and they integrate the whole Team Flare plot + A.Z into the whole anime. Though since it's like an half an hour episode I agree that Alan probably won't battle Lysandre.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Thanks.

I'm just disappointed at it ending so fast. I need moar Alan/Manon action. I think for Act 4, Lysandre is going to turn evil (i.e what happens in the game, maybe Manon angers him or something?) and they integrate the whole Team Flare plot + A.Z into the whole anime. Though since it's like an half an hour episode I agree that Alan probably won't battle Lysandre.

Fast? its been two years.

Janovy

Banned
Depends on the way you look at it. 4 episodes 20 minutes each is not long by any means, especially considering how little happened in every episode.
I think it's pretty obvious that the reason so little happened is because the actual Team Flare plot was being stalled and kept away until the release of the next set of games. After Mega Evolution Act IV ends, the Team Flare plot can officially begin in the XY anime with Lysandre officially starting to act upon his plans.

I mean, look, everything adds up. What is happening this fall?

1. Alain and Ash finally meeting each other, also the end of Mega Evolution acts.
2. The final act is featuring Zygarde who is not only somehow connected to the green blob (also featured in movie teaser) but also the large shadow from the movie teaser.
3. CoroCoro teased to reveal what the large shadow is, its connection to the green blob and what the green blob is in its next release (which should be leaked in a few days or so, or maybe even earlier).

If you consider all of this, it makes sense to think that the writers waited this time around, instead of outright introducing Team Flare, waited for the next set of games to be released (in this case - whatever game will feature the green blob and the large shadow, a.k.a. Zygarde form/Mega Evo/Primal Reversion) and see what changes would be introduced and thus incorporate everything into one major plot.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I think it's pretty obvious that the reason so little happened is because the actual Team Flare plot was being stalled and kept away until the release of the next set of games. After Mega Evolution Act IV ends, the Team Flare plot can officially begin in the XY anime with Lysandre officially starting to act upon his plans.

I mean, look, everything adds up. What is happening this fall?

1. Alain and Ash finally meeting each other, also the end of Mega Evolution acts.
2. The final act is featuring Zygarde who is not only somehow connected to the green blob (also featured in movie teaser) but also the large shadow from the movie teaser.
3. CoroCoro teased to reveal what the large shadow is, its connection to the green blob and what the green blob is in its next release (which should be leaked in a few days or so, or maybe even earlier).

If you consider all of this, it makes sense to think that the writers waited this time around, instead of outright introducing Team Flare, waited for the next set of games to be released (in this case - whatever game will feature the green blob and the large shadow, a.k.a. Zygarde form/Mega Evo/Primal Reversion) and see what changes would be introduced and thus incorporate everything into one major plot.

And I congratulate them on doing that, TF may be late to the party, but at least, we are teased for an epic villainous team arc, given how awesome the Acts were.

Janovy

Banned
And I congratulate them on doing that, TF may be late to the party, but at least, we are teased for an epic villainous team arc, given how awesome the Acts were.
Now let's just hope that the next games introduce major changes to Team Flare and the plot so that we may get something epic. xD

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Now let's just hope that the next games introduce major changes to Team Flare and the plot so that we may get something epic. xD

Because lets be honest, nothing that Team Flare did in the games really stood out much at all. Lurking at an abandont mine, lurking around a city, holding a powerplant/factory hostage and.. chasing after wild pokémon (how dare they!), before standard region-threatening climax. The holding powerplant/factory-hostage thing was the only real time I felt that the plot got somewhere and even than I wondered WHY are they in a PokéBall-factory? It just didn't make sense. Compare that to Team Galactic's shenanigans (Mars held a powerplant hostage as well), which included blowing up a lakes.

But maybe if the action wasn't that great, maybe the story was better? Nope. I only remember Lysandre. He had female cronies that weren't worth remembering (afterwards I found out that Malva was in his crew as well, but I didn't remember her either), and this weird "scientist"-type guy that just stood out for looking as if he had a mental-disease. Than there's the lack of an actual story, which was replaced by random events. Lysandre: "I want to restore the ancient weapon!" seven random events later and "I've got the ancient weapon restored!! WHAHAHAHA!".. Ooookay.. o.0 Nothing about how he got Yveltal/Xerneas there or anything from what I can remember.. >.>

Whatever comes next in the main franchise, with regardes to Zygarde and Team Flare, it better be good and it better be logical and have a better story behind it.

And in terms of the animé, all I can hope for is that if they go this route with Team Flare, that they do it ala Episode N, but in between Gym 7 and Gym 8 and WITHOUT, I specify WITHOUT Charizard being present.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm glad Manon is gonna get a little love in this special so I don't have to sit there and watch Alain pout for 30 minutes lol. Seriously she is way more interesting then Alain and she at least has another pokemon.

Janovy

Banned
I'm glad Manon is gonna get a little love in this special so I don't have to sit there and watch Alain pout for 30 minutes lol. Seriously she is way more interesting then Alain and she at least has another pokemon.
I don't know, I think Alain has gotten more interesting since Act I.

In Act I he kinda bored me, but in act II and III you could already see he has gotten more comfortable around Mairin and that they had grown close. I think that whatever happens in this Act is bound to make his character even more interesting, especially if he learns that Lysandre used him.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't know, I think Alain has gotten more interesting since Act I.

In Act I he kinda bored me, but in act II and III you could already see he has gotten more comfortable around Mairin and that they had grown close. I think that whatever happens in this Act is bound to make his character even more interesting, especially if he learns that Lysandre used him.

Ya well unless he pulls a new mega out of his butt, I honestly don't care. His Charizard spammage is annoying and really not interesting and that's obviously not changing here or most likely ever.

Master Quest

Let's do it
Thanks.

It has been long enough it's high time for story to shift to the main storyline and include ash in the game.it can't always go side by side.

Last edited:

Veens

I'm glad the ME arc is ending now. This means that stuff like Mega Evolution will take place in the main anime more often instead of things like movies or one time specials.
The end of the ME arc is the beginning of ash meeting Team Plasma, and I don't know about you guys, but that's something I'm certainly looking forward to.

Navin

MALDREAD

Alain is great. I can relate to a lab-assistant rockin' the hoodie-under-labcoat style. Picks the Charmander lines. DGAF about battling Elite 4s. Plus his dynamic with Manon is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.