• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 2nd: "Pocket Monsters The Origin" - TV Special based on Red/Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Sad to know that will just be a special. I am generally stop caring for the anime at this point and if just going to yet another special. A tease if you will. Then I stop caring. I can't help but be at-least a bit disappointed.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
Confirmed to be a one-off special. Sorry guys
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/originposter.jpg[/img139]

Well at least we know now I hope they incorporate some great ideas from this one-off special into the main series some new fresh ideas would be great but hey im not complaining and glad I didnt get my hopes up and think it was a full blown series

This lost my interest now honestly. If I want a good story told about the Pokémon R/B/Y, I'd rather read Pokémon Special or play the games themselves. If this is a 22 minute special where most of it s shown in montages, I'm not going to care for it, honestly.

ForeverFlame

There has to be a reason why this pic reminds me of evangelion.

This is really useless. I mean I'm sure it'll be cool, but Red and Blue are old news. The oldest of pokemon news.

It will get original Pokemon fans interested. Who may then check out Pokemon X&Y, especially if the special features Mega Evolutions.

It's been obvious since the Power Rangers style trailer that they're marketing towards twenty year-olds who previously lost interested in the franchise. None of us are the target audience.

dman_dustin

That is very shallow because you are judge something based on how it looks as oppose judging it based on actual merit.
I disagree, if I feel nauseous to my stomach looking at something, why should I be forced to continue watching just in hopes I'll like the story?

While I can agree that the sometimes how a show looks can be off-putting but it is animation. They are trying to tell whether or not to agree with me. I am saying if the first episode is bad it going to because the story and character fail on some level not because of how they look.

Look it's real simple.

You don't have to sacrifice quality in writing for quality in animation or vice versa.

If you can't find an equal balance, then the series will be destined to fail.

Like I said, even if the best television series writers wrote for a series drawn by children, I don't think you can or any one can take it seriously.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm sad that it took Ash almost 50 eps to get his Charizard while red gets his in the span of maybe an hour.
As someone pointed out to me, Red'll probably keep it to boot unlike Ash. =p

I'm a bit disappointed it's a special, but it might be a testing of the waters. (Although I'd have said the B2W2 animated trailer would have also served that purpose).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Even if this became a special, we mustn't lose hope! We shall give this thing the biggest ratings ever since FMA: Brotherhood to make it a huge thing!

Okay, maybe not. There goes the potential, I guess.

diakyu

There has to be a reason why this pic reminds me of evangelion.
I figured it out. Production I.G is working on this who also did the end of evangelion.

dman_dustin

The official site is clearly saying it's a special broadcast and only lists one date.

Where are you getting that it is airing multiple weeks?

Sorry, I guess someone who I thought knew what they were talking about was clearly trolling, despite trolling being out of character for that user.

Never mind.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It will get original Pokemon fans interested.

I doubt it. I mean this doesn't tie into the XY games or even the XY anime. It's just fan service that while nice, isn't really necessary right now in my humble opinion. This should have been done back in 2004 when the remakes of Red & Green were released, not at the dawn of Generation 6. I just don't see the point of this especially since it's likely only 22 minutes long. If the producers were going to do this they could've at least put some effort into making it a mini-series imo. That would have gained more interest.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I disagree, if I feel nauseous to my stomach looking at something, why should I be forced to continue watching just in hopes I'll like the story?

Look it's real simple.

You don't have to sacrifice quality in writing for quality in animation or vice versa.

If you can't find an equal balance, then the series will be destined to fail.

Like I said, even if the best television series writers wrote for a series drawn by children, I don't think you can or any one can take it seriously.

You are saying that the animation is everything everything which is not entirely. Anime is a storytelling medium. The visuals are important only as a means of servicing the plot. They are not nearly as important as the content they're portraying.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

This could be possibly testing the waters to see, for them, if it's profitable enough to become a full blown anime. I guess whether we get another anime is up to the Japanese audience.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Looks cool! Too bad it's an OVA. I'm reminded of the PMD specials... Still seems weird that they're going all the way back to Red and Blue though...

LizardonX

Banned

This could be possibly testing the waters to see, for them, if it's profitable enough to become a full blown anime. I guess whether we get another anime is up to the Japanese audience.

If it didn't work for the BW2 trailer then its not working here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Um what the heck were Red and Charizard doing there in the end o_O.....

ForeverFlame

It's funny, because in 1999 Digimon had some the best animation in childrens' television. Especially Episode 21. That episode was ridiculously gorgeous.

[img139]http://i28.*******.com/2r4lw07.png[/img139]

Does that look nauseating to you?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

That's literally what people said about the B2W2 animated trailer and nothing happened. I doubt this special will fare any better, although the nostalgia factor alone will help it get decent ratings (in Japan at least 'cause I have a feeling that the dub won't bother with this).

Status
Not open for further replies.