• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 2nd: "Pocket Monsters The Origin" - TV Special based on Red/Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess I would think it'd be a longer than 22-minutes special, given what's given in the description. Unless they're really just racing through the game's story as fast as possible.

I'm hoping for the former. If it's the latter, I worry it would be too rushed and if we wanted a good adaptation of the games that wasn't rushed, we have the manga and the games themselves.

e9310103838

Guys, "特别番组" also can be many rounds in Japan.

Search Japanese wiki "単発特別番組枠".

I'm not saying it has a lot of rounds. I just said it had not recognized. :559:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If I had to guess I would think it'd be a longer than 22-minutes special, given what's given in the description. Unless they're really just racing through the game's story as fast as possible.

They only show Brock on the website. Maybe he's the only Gym leader they bother showing since he's the first one.

Grei

not the color
I hope your joking about the silent part because no way red will be silent it would be very boring if he never talked in this new anime

Not necessarily. The Persona 4 Animation managed to keep Yu silent for most of the series, reflecting his silent protagonist status. All they would have to do is keep Red's dialogue to a minimum in order to keep him "silent." It would work.

How do we know it's a special rather than a series?

Izanagi

'Sup!
They only show Brock on the website. Maybe he's the only Gym leader they bother showing since he's the first one.

So you are saying that things is just going from bad to worse. To be expected I guess.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So you are saying that things is just going from bad to worse. To be expected I guess.

What do you expect of a 22 minute special? It shows Red's first Gym battle (Brock), then the Red Vs. Gary match in the league of Charizard/Blastoise, and then something with Lance.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
True, but on the flip side it mentions fighting TR (both specifically the Pokemon Tower and the boss (Giovanni :V)) - that along with a gym battle, the getting of Pokemon and some fighting of Lance/championship battle as indicated by the trailer/stills suggests to me that it's already an awful lot to throw into 22 minutes. But we shall see! My current guess is at least an hour though.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
For everyone debating the length time, specials are not always TV size length. Usually they are 45 minutes (and less). I say this has a good chance of being 45 minutes. That's enough time, but it could be hour too as they seem to be covering a lot.

If it didn't work for the BW2 trailer then its not working here.

You're right considering how popular the BW2 trailer was. Makes you wonder who is this special targeted for and why RBG when BW2 or XY would be a better idea if they were really taking baby steps.

That's literally what people said about the B2W2 animated trailer and nothing happened. I doubt this special will fare any better, although the nostalgia factor alone will help it get decent ratings (in Japan at least 'cause I have a feeling that the dub won't bother with this).

Really? Figures. Though this special could do better in ratings if it's bundled right after the main anime to catch the younger fans too. But, how long the fans will continue to watch the special remains to be seen.

Izanagi

'Sup!
What do you expect of a 22 minute special? It shows Red's first Gym battle (Brock), then the Red Vs. Gary match in the league of Charizard/Blastoise, and then something with Lance.

I already know that but I at least show a something a little something if they aren't going give the bare minimum.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Guys, "特别番组" also can be many rounds in Japan.

Search Japanese wiki "単発特別番組枠".

I'm not saying it has a lot of rounds. I just said it had not recognized. :559:

That refers to program slots with no fixed content. That's not what this is.

Linkdarkside

well if it a OVA i would have preferred a X/Y one but i guess they don't want to spoils the pokemons.

I disagree, because the entire series is drawn, whether by hand or by a computer. And it's actually animated.

Maybe people out there like you might be able to look at a painting by a three year old, look past all the squiggly lines, and basic stick figure drawings, and the pet dog that looks like hippopotamus and a giraffe, and find some meaning to it.

But the story exists to enhance what you see.

For a visual person like me, it's hard to just see words, I'm a writer, and I have hell of a time writing because I'm visual, I like to write but my preference, and my lack of a vivid imagination holds me back.

Likewise, animation with just music doesn't work very well either, there needs to be a story everyone can understand, unless it's meant to be interpretive.

It needs its balance, one cannot overshadow the other. Good animation and three year old writers is not going to work. NEITHER is three year old animated series with top notch writers.

Unless....of course that's your thing. If your nauseous looking at something, it's common sense to look away. And if you don't, it's your fault if you throw up.

I don't remember it looking like that.

But I was not talking about the first season of Digimon, since it had the same animation style as the following seasons except that one I really dislike with that deformed giant Agumon creature thing that didn't even look like Agumon

you mean this

[img139]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101107035005/digimon/es/images/2/22/Agumon_DS.png[/img139]

compared to the original

Vernikova

Champion

No, he's saying that Brock might be the only Gym Leader the present properly. I don't see how you're concluding that it went from bad to worse all of a sudden.

True, but on the flip side it mentions fighting TR (both specifically the Pokemon Tower and the boss (Giovanni :V)) - that along with a gym battle, the getting of Pokemon and some fighting of Lance/championship battle as indicated by the trailer/stills suggests to me that it's already an awful lot to throw into 22 minutes. But we shall see! My current guess is at least an hour though.

In that case, it has my interest again. If it's at least an hour, I'll be happy.

Hopefully, we get more of these in the future for other regions.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Either way, even though it may be a one-off special, I don't care. At least there's something different, and I'm still excited for it. Yeah, everything looks a bit weird in the video, but it's a different style from a different animation studio. I think it looks neat, to be honest. I don't know why it is they're doing this, whether to please the older fanbase or what, but I'm still going to look forward to it. I don't care if it doesn't get dubbed or it does, personally. Even if everything's been condensed into 22 minutes, I hope there's something good in there outside of animation quality and nostalgia.

Call me stupidly optimistic, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Grei

not the color
I like how anybody is actually let down about any of this

It was never going to be a series, so being upset that it isn't is sort of dumb. And we could be getting nothing at all, so instead of whining about not getting exactly what you want, you could be happy you're getting this in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.