• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 30th: PM2019 043 - Sword & Shield II: Black Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 門田英彦 (Hidehiko Kadota)
Animation Director 谷澤泰史 (Yasushi Tanizawa)
Animation Director 日置正志 (Masashi Hioki)

Last edited:

diakyu

I assume that this is where the Black Night story-line will truly pick up. Rose and Olive could make their debuts here if they don't already do that in the previous episode,
Rose technically debuted in episode 27. Seeing that this arc was so close behind that Oleana should have been included then too imo

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I thought this could be Pikachu's Gigantamax training.
What is this “TRAI-NING” you speak of? You mean that stuff Ash & Goh do offscreen due to the show’s episodic format?

Lacuna

Goodnight
I hope this stays accurate to the games, where all the Dynamaxing happens off-screen and we just gotta take their word for it that it happened. /s

I'm kidding. Please don't do that. Anyway, I feel like we might see Rose and Oleana at the very end of Part I to sort of segue into this one. I wonder why they showed Rose a while back already but didn't even hint at Oleana's existence until now? She could have even just been in the background of that same shot. =P

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You do realize that for the most part the show has always been in an episodic format.
Yeah, I know that the anime as a whole is usually like that, it’s just that lately it seems like they’re rushing through character & story arcs that in previous seasons would have more of a proper build up (ex- The Galar arc being only 4 episodes or how we haven’t seen Ash do any training for his rematch with Bea after the Flygon episode). The only thing in the show that seems to have a proper build up is Riolu’s eventual evolution

ShadowForce720

Yeah, I know that the anime as a whole is usually like that, it’s just that lately it seems like they’re rushing through character & story arcs that in previous seasons would have more of a proper build up (ex- The Galar arc being only 4 episodes or how we haven’t seen Ash do any training for his rematch with Bea after the Flygon episode). The only thing in the show that seems to have a proper build up is Riolu’s eventual evolution

I mean to be fair back in X&Y after his he lost to Korrina and her Lucario before they gain the ability to Mega Evolve he didn’t really train for a rematch instead we got episodes focus on Korrina mastering Mega Evolution.

Sure his Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder and he got a Hawlucha before the Gym Battle and yet he didn’t really do that much to prepare his Pikachu and yet it somehow wound up winning against Mega Lucario with no onscreen training for the battle.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They'll probably get off the hook like Faba did and become recurring supporters.
I don't know. Letting a bunch of giant bearded Viking Meowth on a rampage across the region and possibly (read: not really) causing untold amounts of collateral damage is far more brutal and worthy of being tossed to jail than some comedic scientist harassing a single Pokemon (compared to the local evil gang constantly harassing dozens across the tropical region).

Status
Not open for further replies.