• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What about Sawyer and Stephan? (I'd mention youknowwho, but I think we both know what mentioning him would provoke)
Sawyer was just like everyone else in XY so he wasn't special and I completely forgot about Stephan.

Zariful

The only impression that makes me believe Kukui doesn't have 6 Pokemon is that he sent out Incineroar after Braviary as opposed to another pokemon. But I can also counter that point by saying Braviary and Incineroar might be his strongest Pokemon and he felt like only Incineroar could be the Mega Aggron.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The only impression that makes me believe Kukui doesn't have 6 Pokemon is that he sent out Incineroar after Braviary as opposed to another pokemon. But I can also counter that point by saying Braviary and Incineroar might be his strongest Pokemon and he felt like only Incineroar could be the Mega Aggron.
Also they were attacked in that episode. Kukui might only have these two in hand for emergencies and the other four in the lab

quake

Well Kukui does have a corsolla, two luvdisc and wailmer as his ride Pokemon so there's that? I'm wondering if the term "full battle" actually means like a proper battle considering that his other battles against Ash were over pretty quick (one of which was when Litteln only evolved during the battle).

Revolver Furious Dragon

Also they were attacked in that episode. Kukui might only have these two in hand for emergencies and the other four in the lab

That's the way I figure it. Braviary is his goto Pokémon as kukui so he keeps it on him but incineroar is his oldest so he keeps it close even if he can't use it as kukui. The rest are probably kept at a training facility or something

Soniman

Break the Limit
Sawyer was just like everyone else in XY so he wasn't special and I completely forgot about Stephan.

I wouldn't say Sawyer had chemistry because his character is being a student first, and students learn from and imitate others. He idolized Ash, but so did everyone else in Kalos, so it didn't feel special.

Hard disagree. Sawyer (and Clemont) is the only one who's admiration seriously effected his character though and nurtured his growth. Everyone else just kinda blindly praised him. In terms of actual main rivalries for Ash it WAS different because Ash is usually never the one in the dynamic who has the edge so watching the rival trying to climb that mountain instead of the reverse was very refreshing...it just had the bad luck of happening in a series like XY, but in a vaccum I thought it was nice

Thumbs2

Um.... yes, yes it is.
Ash lives with him, where are these so called Pokemon living at? Rotting in their balls like poor Luxray?
I swear, you SM fans wouldn't know **** writing if it was standing right in front of you.

Where's Incineroar? Heck, have we even seen Braviary at the house?

Zariful

I can just picture Kukui getting up late at night to feed Incineroar.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
When his wife asked where he got the Nyabby as a kid he said it belonged to his parents or something of that nature. I don’t see why it’s so unbelievable that those Pokemon simply live around the island or are somewhere out of the sight of his wife and Satoshi. I can see him probably keeping them with someone like Mamane’s cousin, Mullein easily. That being said he’s a professor he probably has access to a lab full of Pokemon and we already know the stationary location of Alola allows Pokemon a lot of agency to live as freely as the humans, Gaogaen might just chill on Akala for example.

p96822

Evolve me please
When his wife asked where he got the Nyabby as a kid he said it belonged to his parents or something of that nature. I don’t see why it’s so unbelievable that those Pokemon simply live around the island or are somewhere out of the sight of his wife and Satoshi. I can see him probably keeping them with someone like Mamane’s cousin, Mullein easily. That being said he’s a professor he probably has access to a lab full of Pokemon and we already know the stationary location of Alola allows Pokemon a lot of agency to live as freely as the humans, Gaogaen might just chill on Akala for example.

That Theory doesn’t really work when he called out Incineroar during the Necromza arc. It wouldn’t make sense for him to have Incineroar somewhere else when can call him from his poke ball

Evanibble

It doesn't seem like good writing for Ash to just bring his reserves back out of nowhere. He's used them in two leagues before, and they were used throughout the league instead of just at the end. It is so much more consistent for Ash to use his Alola Pokemon for what will inevitably be his last battle in the region. Plus, they're likely gonna have him use three Alola Pokemon at least (Pika, Lycanroc, and obviously Torracat), so it makes less sense for him to bring back half a team of reserves. Regarding his sixth, Poipole is probably the best choice, narratively speaking. He wouldn't catch Guzzlord, the most powerful and destructive UB, and then out of nowhere decide to use it. Rotom would make sense, actually, but I don't think Ash has ever used a second electric Pokemon. Sure, Poipole hasn't had a serious battle, and isn't very good at it, but the Guzzlord episode could certainly change that. It's better to re-introduce Poipole this way than just having Ash somehow open a wormhole because he wants to get Poipole. Plus, Ash has a strong bond with it, why wouldn't he battle with Pokemon he has that kind of connection with?

As for Kukui pulling four Pokemon out of nowhere, remember the writers just gave Alain four other Pokemon solely for the purpose of battling Ash in the finals. Kukui is clearly much more traveled than Alain, and very likely has several more Pokemon somewhere. "Full battle" is in the title. Ash and Kukui are going to be using six Pokemon each. There's no way they won't do that.

D

Deleted member 384931

Using Poipole wouldn't be good writing.
Why would you release a Pokémon at his will and use it again random 50 episodes later?

Red and Blue

Why would you release a Pokémon at his will and use it again random 50 episodes later?
Why not? Poipole may want to help Ash out in gratitude for helping restore light to his home and possibly dealing with Guzzlord

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I recall getting called out for it "offscreen training" (basically saying that it could train offscreen like Charizard and Gliscor did, but people consider that as being cheap) as well since it would be considered lazy, but if it comes back and is suddenly tearing stuff apart in battle, you know people will call it out as the usual cheap stuff like DEM.

Not to mention there's no guarantee it would stay either, if it was to come back i'd wouldn't want it to leave Ash again, but like Kenzy here says it shouldn't have left in the first place.

...Goodra would like a word.

which was a mistake because it didn't really help Ash out at all in the Kalos League.

It barely tied with Sawyer's Slurpuff, and got ko'ed by Alain and Lysandre pretty handedly, so it returning was pretty much pointless.

Seriously why bring something back if it's just going to be a meat shield to make the others look better, i'd rather not see that happen again, no pokemon deserves that treatment.

I would rather Ash use his reserves to show his classmates, Kakui and everyone else watching just how good he truly is as a trainer.

D

Deleted member 384931

If Kukui uses a snorlax and it uses high horsepower, Ash his whole Aloloan team is screwed except Rowlet, and Poipole wouldn't let it look better.

Red and Blue

I recall getting called out for it "offscreen training" (basically saying that it could train offscreen like Charizard and Gliscor did, but people consider that as being cheap) as well since it would be considered lazy, but if it comes back and is suddenly tearing stuff apart in battle, you know people will call it out as the usual cheap stuff like DEM.

Not to mention there's no guarantee it would stay either, if it was to come back i'd wouldn't want it to leave Ash again, but like Kenzy here says it shouldn't have left in the first place.

which was a mistake because it didn't really help Ash out at all in the Kalos League.

It barely tied with Sawyer's Slurpuff, and got ko'ed by Alain and Lysandre pretty handedly, so it returning was pretty much pointless.

Seriously why bring something back if it's just going to be a meat shield to make the others look better, i'd rather not see that happen again, no pokemon deserves that treatment.

I would rather Ash use his reserves to show his classmates, Kakui and everyone else watching just how good he truly is as a trainer.

We dont really know if Poipole would get Goodra's treatment. It could gain a win against Kukui
If it stayed there at his own will, why would he come back?
Again Goodra stayed of it's own free will yet it still came back temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.