1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Why not? Poipole may want to help Ash out in gratitude for helping restore light to his home and possibly dealing with Guzzlord

2. If it stayed there at his own will, why would he come back?

3. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I recall getting called out for it "offscreen training" (basically saying that it could train offscreen like Charizard and Gliscor did, but people consider that as being cheap) as well since it would be considered lazy, but if it comes back and is suddenly tearing stuff apart in battle, you know people will call it out as the usual cheap stuff like DEM.

Not to mention there's no guarantee it would stay either, if it was to come back i'd wouldn't want it to leave Ash again, but like Kenzy here says it shouldn't have left in the first place.

which was a mistake because it didn't really help Ash out at all in the Kalos League.

It barely tied with Sawyer's Slurpuff, and got ko'ed by Alain and Lysandre pretty handedly, so it returning was pretty much pointless.

Seriously why bring something back if it's just going to be a meat shield to make the others look better, i'd rather not see that happen again, no pokemon deserves that treatment.

I would rather Ash use his reserves to show his classmates, Kakui and everyone else watching just how good he truly is as a trainer.

mysticalglacia and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. If Kukui uses a snorlax and it uses high horsepower, Ash his whole Aloloan team is screwed except Rowlet, and Poipole wouldn't let it look better.

5. Red and Blue

We dont really know if Poipole would get Goodra's treatment. It could gain a win against Kukui
    Again Goodra stayed of it's own free will yet it still came back temporarily.

Shadao and TheWanderingMist like this.
  6. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Except typing doesn't really mean anything in the anime. How many times has ash won despite a type disadvantage

7. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Are we forgetting that Lycanroc potentially still has counter and Torracat has revenge. So that high horse power would be Snorlax’s downfall. Also Pikachu beat Mudsdale with an electric type z move and Lycanroc beat Krookodile with a Rock throw. I say still has counter because it only ever used counter once and used rock throw more recently than it

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

This is completely different, Poipole doesn’t have a caretaker like Goodra has. Poipole is not from this world let alone was released in the same region that could warrant a return as being possible like Goodra. Poipole coming back just to give Ash another Pokémon to use for one battle is a waste of screen time and would also make it pull a Goodra and get knocked out right away. If the writers and the rest of the staff wanted Ash to use Poipole in battle then why did they make Poipole stay with its family and be released instead of waiting till towards the end of the series to release it. They could have used their time to have Ash catch another Pokémon along with Meltan instead of just Meltan. It’s a lot easier to bring back a pokemon from Oaks then to bring Poipole back just for one battle.

9. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

Aren't we forgetting that a certain Guzzlord is going to crash the League out of nowhere?

Spider-Phoenix and Red and Blue like this.
  10. Red and Blue

Again we don't know if Poipole would get Goodra's treatment so it's a bit premature to state it would get shafted. And if Ash is fighting with the Alolan Pokemon he has been with during his school time Poipole deserves to be represented.

As for how it can appear, if the writers want it back they will find a way to bring it back. Whether through Guzzlord or other means

Shadao likes this.
  11. SM pacing of arcs doesn't make any sense. Necrozma should have come after all the UBs. The build up between MR and Ash is good.

12. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Until the reason for why Ultra Wormholes open in Alola is discovered, there's always going to be a UB problem, whether Necrozma is Ultra or not. I think it's fine that they waited until after Ultra Adventures to feature some UBs because it makes more sense for them to be random threats, and it spaces out the UB-of-the-week format.

Poipole returning to battle Guzzlord is possible, but it relies on a number of unbelievable coincidences, and also has to reverse Poipole's decision to stay in his home dimension. It's less complex for Greninja and Zygarde to appear in Alola than it is for Poipole to get drawn in the plot again.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

That’s because a certain Guzzlord did not appear in in Ash’s world like all the other UBs have. Still just because Guzzlord is coming back doesn’t mean that Poipole should come back simply because Ash might be possibly taking on Kukui and is in need of another Pokémon. Yes the writers can bring Poipole back if they want but at the same time it is very pointless to come back simply because Ash will need another pokemon. I mean even release it in the first place, if you are just going to do that.

14. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Ruler Of Sindria

Bring Greninja back here as your 6th Pokemon Ash, if you wanna have a chance against that OP Incineroar.

*I'll eat my hat if that happens xD*

But yeah, my interest in this episode would be multiplied 10x if that happens. :D

Realistically speaking though, Charizard has a lot more chance of coming back here as the 6th Pokemon comparatively, and I'll be happy if that happens too.

Trey pokes and KenzeyEevee like this.
  15. Revolver Furious Dragon

If ash uses a reserve then charizard is by far the worst option in my opinion.

I love the thing but the species is so overused by this point. Let something else get some focus

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  16. 345ash-greninja

Then let either Greninja or Infernape have a reappearance as a reserve here, since neither of them has got a reappearance outside their own saga. Both of them are amongst Ash's coolest and strongest aces, IMO they both deserve a reappearance outside of their own saga.

17. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Plus we had Kiawe's Charizard in action earlier, it still got its token exposure.

The thing is those guys got a LOT OF exposure in their own saga, so much that they practically absorbed limelight over most of the other team members.

I'd actually pick a more underplayed mon like Totodile or Torterra before them largely because I'd be more interested in them getting a fair turn at last.

18. Revolver Furious Dragon

I wouldn't mind Infernape since Its been a long time since it did anything but greninja wasn't that long ago really. There are plenty of other pokemon who deserve the spotlight more.

Although personally I don't think a reserve will be used. But if it is then something like krookodile, infernape, torterra, snorlax or gliscor would be better.

19. 345ash-greninja

Yeah but if the reboot theory in the next Gen is indeed true (which at this point seems likely at this point given the info), then it'd mean that Ash's story is ending this saga.....and this is very last chance for a reserve to appear this saga. So in that case I'd say I'd have an ace Pokemon of Ash, which is a popularly liked/fan-favourite Pokémon of Ash's come back, like Infernape or Greninja for the sake of some final fan service before Ash's story ends. There are several other options like you said, but if this is indeed Ash's final saga, then I'd have a cool ace/major Pokemon of him return like Infernape/Greninja for the sake of some good fanservice in the end, compared to several other non-ace Pokemon, whom I don't really care about much compared to those two.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:01 PM
    mehmeh1 likes this.
  20. Revolver Furious Dragon

. There's precious little evidence to support a reboot in my ehes so I'm assuming current ash is going to galar until proven otherwise. Which means any and all reserves except charizard and his kalos team would be welcome in my eyes. Just the more powerful ones like infernape or snorlax seem much more likely then something like totodile or oshawott.