1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I don’t see them just letting Kukui have a regular Lucario, so he might just whip out his keystone out of nowhere here. Kind of overkill with Megas and Z-Moves, but whatever.

There’s no way Ash is winning this if Kukui’s team continues to be so OP, but I can see a tie happening. I’ve kissed the possibility of reserves goodbye (he’d easily win then), but to ‘settle the score’ the battle could result in a draw. Would probably be the best option, as him losing so soon after his win would leave a bitter mark on the League.

Redstar45 and mehmeh1 like this.
  2. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

Whatever happens here, Roar is going down, no way they'd let Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Pikachu (even if the rivalry was very recent) beat their rivals but not Torracat

3. Bortgreen

Bortgreen The incredible world of PokéMon!

Nice point there, but don't forget Litten is with Kukui since he was a child
    Torracat probably wasn't even born when Ash traveled in time

4. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Let’s see if Ash goes in with Pikachu, Rowlet, Lycanroc, Torracat, Poipole and Melmetal. Let’s say hypothetically that Kukui has Incineroar, Braviary, Lucario, Snorlax, Magnezone and Ninetales. Poipole and Melmetal could be helpful against Ninetales. Mind you, if Kukui’s in game team isn’t in its entirety, Snorlax, Magnezone and Ninetales aren’t guarantees whatsoever. Someone proposed Kukui having a Trevenant as tribute to its friend.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Danger is dangerous."

He'll be busy asking Kiawe about his Charizard. Because Ash never owned one befor-

Wait...

Ignition and Redstar45 like this.
  6. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

It's the best "boss battle" in Pokemon history, since Ash's entire team had to wear down one Pokemon.

situationuk likes this.
  7. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Incineroar just does not have the vibe that Drake's Dragonite gave off... not saying we cannot have a great battle to that proportion, just I do not see it going down the same way.

8. k6666

k6666 Pikachu Fan

Would be great if this true

9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Still hoping he has Midday Lycanroc as one of his unknown 3. Dusk Lycanroc needs to beat both forms

10. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Do we really need another lycanroc Vs lycanroc showdown so soon after the last?

11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. It's not like this Lycanroc showdown will be the final match up

Kawaii Emolga and MockingJ like this.
  12. Revolver Furious Dragon

It's just boring honesty. Watching the same evolutionary line go at it has never interested me. We're already getting torracat Vs incineroar I don't want to see another in the mix as well.

Kukui can have lycanroc but id rather see rowlett or melmetal defeat it

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Since we now know that Kukui-hakase has a Lucario, I'm hoping that he'll surprise us by using Mega Lucario since that seems like the kind of thing that could happen. It would make the battle between him and Satoshi more intense while also promoting Lucario and Mega Evolution. So it'd be like killing two birds with one stone.

14. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

They dont to promote ME in alola this is a region of z moves and kukui should be doing that, ME is exclusive to kalos and hoenn let it be exclusive to that region alone, beides it would take out all the excitement from the incineroar and torracat match. Not to mention it would be stupid for kukui to pull out ME all of a sudden without even going to kalos or hoenn. It would make sense for kukui to pull out a gigantamax pokemon since next series is going to focus on it.

15. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't understand how you can claim that Mega Evolution is exclusive to Kalos and Houen, despite the fact that we saw it used in Alola before via Ilima, and also in Kanto when Takeshi and Kasumi used it. There's no logical basis for Kukui-hakase to be barred from using Mega Evolution.

MockingJ likes this.
  16. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Yes it is so far shown to be exclusive to only kalos and hoenn, the source of ME energy was a monolith which was found in hoenn that lysandre stole away and the other source was the anistar city's sundial in kalos so both the anime and the game had ME linked exclusively to those to regions alone, ilma used it in alola because he was in kalos region before so that's why he had access to ME, misty and brock had an excuse since the writers wanted to show a face off between ME and z move so they were excused and even then many people complained for giving them when ash didn't have one of his own despite being in kalos, not to mention kanto had many pokemon ho can ME as well, alola do not have any. Besides ME will take away all the focus from the main battle which is incineroar vs torracat.

17. I hope MR will have not only fight type pokemon or pokemon who resembles fighting styles

18. Revolver Furious Dragon

While it's not my ideal team for him I'd be ok with it if they all had different secondary types

19. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

I'd love if his team line up was Pikachu, Torracat (because Incineroar), Sceptile, Heracross, Greninja, Krookodile etc etc but I'm pretty sure he's gonna stick with the team he had now to see him through.

Plus Melmetal needs a win

DuquÊ? and KenzeyEevee like this.
  20. Yeah that would be awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.