1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

It would be interesting for his Classmates to see the Geninja-Bond thing, Ash can do.

there is no way for him to get Greninja between Guzzlord Returning and the Kukui fight though :p

DuquÊ? and KenzeyEevee like this.
  2. I see SM pull something like this, knowing its reputation

3. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

If Kukui brought out a mega. Not saying this is all that likely. But if Ash brought out Greninja and used Ash Greninja to tie with the mega, so Torracat and Incineroar get a clean fresh match like the Lycanrocs did. But there’s no confirmation of Kukui having a mega. But to be fair we know Hawlucha became strong enough to defeat mega absol. And Kukui soloed a mega aggron with a z move

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Weird people want Poipole back when it was not even strong. I mean Goodra was a different case but Poipole had like one attack.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

And it cant get stronger? Between its departure and possible return it could have learned a bunch of new moves and maybe evolved.

Kawaii Emolga and _AISP like this.
  6. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Considering Goodra came back to get a tie and then lose, it might as well have been weak.

7. xinfernapex

xinfernapex Sinnoh Champion

This would be pretty cool tbh, he already defeated Midday as a Rockruff, and this would be a completely different battle to Midnight Lycanroc due to their different battle styles. I feel like that would be a pretty fast paced battle.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. I wonder if Kukui would be surprised that Ash has so many strong pokemon

Ultra Beast Lover likes this.
  9. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

"Wow, you have lot of strong Pokemon. Did any of them win a league tournament?"

"No."

"..."

10. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

"Were the opponents a lot stronger in those leagues?"

"Yes."

mehmeh1 likes this.
  11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

"Which one were you more surprised to lose to?"

"A cowboy Meowth wearing boots."

"..."

12. GarchompChain

Hey man, don't hate fast draw Meowth.

13. Bortgreen

Bortgreen The incredible world of PokéMon!

More like the opposite
    This guy pulled a Lucario out of a ultra wormhole

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

In a world where Shiny Pokemon don't even make you slightly popular, general reaction is just a slight "Oh!"

Now, if you had a Mewtwo, that is a different story.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  15. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I hope this fight is a good and clean representation of the Champion Kukui fight from the games. The writers literally had Satoshi and Professor Kukui battling in “Your Adventure” so I wonder how they’ll go about doing it. Obviously narratively Nyaheat v. Gaogaen will be the final penultimate fight. I still expect him to stick with his Alola League-crowned Pokemon since they well...won the league. Plus they’ve got some new/underused toys to try out (Melmetal, Feather Dance, Dynamic Full Flame, Counter) I don’t see them not using the Alola squad.

Bortgreen and Red and Blue like this.
  16. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

A big issue I know I'm going to have with this fight is that a plain battlefield SERIOUSLY hampers battle choreography potential. Even with your best directors and animators there's only so much you can do with only flat ground, so I hope that some moves create some permanent damage to the battlefield. Though then again, Ash vs Paul was on a plain battlefield, so maybe I'm worrying over nothing

Ignition likes this.
  17. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

You know unless Melmetal winds up getting used against Guzzlord, I think we will see the rest of Melmetal's move set during Ash's battle against Masked Royal. Looking at what moves it had as a Meltan that it could have as a Melmetal, it's already confirmed that it kept Flash Cannon, I could see it maybe still having Harden although it's possible that move got replaced, however I do think both Thunderbolt and Headbutt, wound up getting replace as I can't see it using Headbutt. Although given that all the Meltan that fused seemed to know Thunderbolt, I wouldn't be that surprised if Thunderbolt got upgraded to Thunder or got swapped out for Thunder Punch.

Although I guess they could surprise us with it keeping Thunderbolt but it would just seem more beneficial for Melmetal if it's going to have an Electric type attack to have a different Electric type attack then Pikachu, although I guess they could change the color of Melmetal's Thunderbolt to kind of help distinguish it from Pikachu's Thunderbolt. So far though Melmetal is currently confirmed to know Flash Cannon and Double Iron Bash.

18. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I kind of feel like the usage of Z-Moves overshadows that a bit, Gladio’s usage of the Ghost-type Z-Move last episode offered a deceptive and terrifying trap for Pikachu to escape from and overcome. I also kind of wonder if they use a plain battlefield because certain Z-Moves like that wouldn’t make sense on say...water since it’s not solid ground.

19. C00kie_173

C00kie_173 Member

I think ash is not to be blamed for not winning any major leagues all these years not including the alola. His first pokemon is a pikachu and it does not want to evolve at all but want to stay as a cutiepie like Dawn's piplup. If Ash first pokemon is a charmander, things will turn out differently for him and he doesnt need to walk the long road to go from region to region endlessly to fulfill his dream.
    I wish the main mascot of pokemon is not pikachu but maybe luxray or arcanine.

20. GarchompChain

Reported for blaming Pikachu (jk of course).

mehmeh1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.