1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

A credible rumor does imply that Pikachu is getting a G-Max form.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

Show, don't tell.

Dragalge and Ignition like this.
  3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Considering that "Affleck" leak, has got a vast majority of things right, it's pretty likely that there is a Gigantamax Pikachu and it just hasn't been revealed yet.

4. As long ad Kukui's team doesn't exist out of Pokémon who are fighting or resemble a fighting pokemon it is good to me

5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So Poipole is back as a Nagandel. Looks like Ash has his full team. Sweet

6. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Haha wow I never would’ve expected Poipole to come back as a Naganadel.

Yeah his team is stacked, I take back what I said. If Torracat evolves this might be one of Ash’s strongest teams yet.

7. Red and Blue

Looks like Poipole did some major off screen training in Ultra Space. Now to wait and see if it will get the Goodra treatment

8. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

I typically don't say it, but I really want Naganadel to job (ok, maybe beating one mon). He hasn't trained on screen even a little and has one team skull fight as his battle track record. Sure, Ash kinda got handed Melmetal too, but he also jobbed after showing his prowess (not to mention that they got to understand each other a bit better from the fight with Silvally, as shown by Ash mimicking Melmetal's movements at some points), while Naganadel probably won't have anything more than this fight

Ignition and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  9. AuraChannelerChris

Which is only marred by Rowlet.

10. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I hate being the “told you so”person but where are the people who doubted Poipole was coming back for reserves :p

11. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

There’s always that one. In DP we had Torterra and in XY we had Goodra. Keep the trend going

12. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Don’t forget Mr. Big & Reliable!

But eh, let Melmetal & Naganadel get a win in. Wouldn’t mind Rowlet jobbing too much.

13. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

Also I figured MR’s true identity would be revealed before the match so Ash would be even more motivated

mehmeh1 likes this.
  14. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I do not want to see another Goodra situation (even Torterra was better off than that), and I also don't want the thing to leave either if they made the effort for it to come back.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  15. AuraChannelerChris

Torterra was unfortunate because the writers didn't want to give it Earthquake while Ash had a bromance with his Infernape. It was unfortunate.

nuzamaki90 likes this.
  16. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

more like the writers couldn't make up their mind on how to make it fight.

To be honest, it really should've stayed as a Turtwig, or at the very least Grotle, even then I still don't get the point of having Paul's Torterra show it a "Defensive" way to fight, but then later on it gets Rock Climb out of nowhere to regain some mobility, and that very move costed it in practically all of it's fights.

At the very least though, it helped put in effort for the sinnoh team despite falling short towards the end of the region, that's a lot more than can be said for Goodra, who's only real good achievement was helping Ash win one badge.

17. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

So is Naganadel going to be here for one battle then dip into irrelevancy?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    mehmeh1 likes this.
  18. Red and Blue

Most likely. Which is why it needs a win against Kukui to leave behind some sort of contribution

19. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

So with the royals identity being revealed before the match. im guessing braviary will be used alongside incineroar & lucario. Which leaves 3 pokemon remaining. I'm not expecting ash to win this so one Pokémon will have to not get a win. My money's on rowlett so these are the wins I think will happen

Torracat - incineroar
    Naganadel - braviary

I'd rather it didn't happen but I can see Pikachu defeating lucario.

20. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Honestly ash's team seemed really bad before the league, a pikachu which isn't anywhere near peakchu, lycanroc which could very easily still lose against his rival's lycanroc, a rowlet, a torracat with zero grand trial experience, a little baby meltan and a released poipole who we never saw again.

But after the league, its pretty good; Pikachu defeated Guzma (who was probably THE strongest trainer in the whole league) and a legendary Silvally, Lycanroc defeated its rival (its already proved itself way before this tho so its fine), Rowlet defeated it's final stage (something unheard of before), torracat not doing too much but still showing it could take a few hits, meltan EVOLVING (a league evolution hasn't happened since Kingler) into a full blown mythical Melmetal, and Poipole becoming a Naganadel offscreen, an ultra beast which is close enough to legendaries and mythicals.

Kukui will have a harder time than we all thought

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.