• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think it's clear there's gonna be a part three for this battle most likely to conclude it and then wrap up the league.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Ash totally going to lose to kukui

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I have a feeling after today's episode torracat is gonna evolve in coming episodes, it couldn't damage incineroar at all so to close the gap it could evolve.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I have a feeling after today's episode torracat is gonna evolve in coming episodes, it couldn't damage incineroar at all so to close the gap it could evolve.

Or they just have it weakened by other pokemon. Lycanroc hurt it and we know it's fighting melmetal. It could also face other members of ash's team. Maybe naganadel poisons it

dariakyl

So far what we know is Kukui uses :
venusaur : gen 1
incineroar : gen 7
empoleon : gen 4
warrgle : gen 5

If he uses his Lucario it would be his second gen 4 pokemon, but is still wasn't shown fighting.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So far what we know is Kukui uses :
venusaur : gen 1
incineroar : gen 7
empoleon : gen 4
warrgle : gen 5

If he uses his Lucario it would be his second gen 4 pokemon, but is still wasn't shown fighting.

He has to be using it though. Otherwise revealing he has one would be completely pointless since it did absolutely nothing in its debut

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
He has to be using it though. Otherwise revealing he has one would be completely pointless since it did absolutely nothing in its debut
In theory it can mega evolve and represent Gen VI... Since, sadly, we are not getting Mega Venusaur.

Decidueye23

going by the preview there seems to be some good amount of switching happening. While i love rowlet, he is probably going to be the fall guy, irrespective of ash winning or losing. Final match going to be pikachu vs Tapu koko, calling it. And at this point i think we can also say, its going to be naganadel vs lucario mostly in the next episode.

Revolver Furious Dragon

If this does end up with tapu koko as kukuis 6th then I will officially lose all Interest in the match and it will be one of the worst in the entire series in my opinion

Now this could be just because it's really hard to see but it looks like by the time we have Incineroar vs. Melmetal, two pokemon of Ash's has been taken out. I'm hoping that it turns out like this:

Braviary vs. Lycanroc (double KO)
Venusaur vs. Rowlet (Venusaur wins)
Venusaur vs. Torracat (Torracat does some damage but gets recalled)
Venusaur vs. Melmetal (Melmetal wins)
Incineroar vs. Melmetal (Incineroar wins and gets recalled)
Empoleon vs. Pikachu (Pikachu wins and is recalled)

Then maybe in the next episode, it'll look like this possibly:
Lucario vs. Naganadel (Naganadel wins)
Incineroar vs. Naganadel (Incineroar wins)
Incineroar vs. Torracat (Torracat wins)
Sixth pokemon vs. Torracat (sixth pokemon wins)
Sixth pokemon vs. Pikachu

With Pikachu most likely losing but hey, I wouldn't count the possibility of Ash winning completely out either so we'll see.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sheesh Kukui are you really trying to have Braviary drop Lycanroc from the sky? The Pokemon you once took in for yourself before letting Ash have it?

@AuraChannelerChris was right. He is really dark

Red and Blue

Please please let Rowlet be a fall guy and not recalled against Venasaur. Since Nagandel is still in the VA list wonder how it will be used here?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Honestly, I have a feeling Ash will lose here, but I really don't care. He already won the league, I got what I wanted as a fan. All I'm hoping for is a great battle that will stand the test of time. We are finally getting the six vs six battle that we've been hoping for. Honestly, if Kukui's last Pokemon is Tapu Koko that would be pretty crazy. I could see a potential Pikachu vs Tapu Koko showdown. I wouldn't count Pikachu out either. We could have another Latios/Pikachu situation on our hands.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Honestly, I have a feeling Ash will lose here, but I really don't care. He already won the league, I got what I wanted as a fan. All I'm hoping for is a great battle that will stand the test of time. We are finally getting the six vs six battle that we've been hoping for. Honestly, if Kukui's last Pokemon is Tapu Koko that would be pretty crazy. I could see a potential Pikachu vs Tapu Koko showdown. I wouldn't count Pikachu out either. We could have another Latios/Pikachu situation on our hands.

This might be for the title of "undisputed" Champion of Alola. There's been debate as to whether or not Ash holds the same regional title as Cynthia and Lance, since he's more often than not referred to as the "Pokemon League Champion" or "Alola League Champion". Even if this is the first Pokemon League he's won, usually there's some other challenge to actually earn the title, even in the Generation VII games.

In SM141,

Ash is billed as "The Alola Pokemon League Champion".
Kukui is billed as "The Battle Dome Champion".

Neither was specifically referenced as the Alola Champion. So while that wasn't explicitly mentioned, that might be what's at stake here.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

I hope kukui's last pokemon is not tapu koko, it would be cheap, and if ash loses it would be more of a victory of tapu koko than a victory of kukui. I would prefer ash to lose to new pokemon which will be mystery to him, kukui's 6th pokemon is not revealed which could be a gen 8 pokemon.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I hope kukui's last pokemon is not tapu koko, it would be cheap, and if ash loses it would be more of a victory of tapu koko than a victory of kukui. I would prefer ash to lose to new pokemon which will be mystery to him, kukui's 6th pokemon is not revealed which could be a gen 8 pokemon.

Honestly, I hope you're right. It would be pretty sweet if Kukui's last Pokemon is a Gen 8 Pokemon. It would be the perfect time to introduce Ash to the Galar Region. Since Kukui has been a trainer for a very long time, I wouldn't rule him out from ever venturing into Galar.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No doubt about it. This is a three-parter. I assume Lucario will be filler to have Torracat beat it for the Incineroar VS. Torracat final match.

Still not sure Tapu Koko is even Kukui's. It would make more sense if it was Hala's.

The sixth Pokemon probably is Tapu Koko. Kukui's statements of not having an Electric type for the Electrium Z was likely intended foreshadowing for Koko.
...So Kukui was prioritizing his identity more than saving people from a menace from another dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.