1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

Just noticed Rowlet has its Decidueye outfit on. That’s cute

Agustin Gomez and Evanibble like this.
  2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Alain's 6th Pokemon turned out to be Unfezant, you know.

3. 04n70n10

04n70n10 Well-Known Member

I’m for the (very) Wild guess for once: Pikachu V Tapu koko as the final and decisive fight (with Z moves)

The match is open, still... Kukui probably will win, but maybe..... a draw with double KO is not so impossible for me.

4. Domok

Domok Well-Known Member

How likely do you guys think Torracat evolving by the end of this battle is now?

The entire deal with the bell only being brought up now seems kinda weird otherwise, not to mention it doesn’t really seem like Torracat can deal much damage to Incineroar as is right now.

5. FlygontheRavager

FlygontheRavager #1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Rowlet, you better find a way to beat that Venusaur. Show this fandom that you're not a complete idiot like Fujisaku basterdized you into. Show them your true power! GO PLUS ULTRA!

mehmeh1 likes this.
  6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I don't think that Torracat is evolving. I think that Ash getting Firium instead of Incinium cemented that Torracat is staying the way it is.

7. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Where's the Chinese animator leak for Kukui's team? lol

We got a leak for Alain's team and a silly leak for Go's gender, possibly the most unimportant question of the day. Isn't there some obscure 4chan post somewhere, a Matt Damon leak if you will, that's correctly nailed 5/6 of Kukui's team?

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It shouldn't be Tapu Koko, that needs to be it's own thing. Otherwise poor Torracat has his spotlight hijacked by Pikachu yet again

Pikachu will still have the final win of the series by beating Tapu Koko, they don't even need to dedicate a full episode to it. Torracat needs to be the win with the final win against the Alolan Stu

9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

He's screwed. Those saying he tanked Decidueye due to type resistance can't defend him now that he's fighting a Poison-type.

Hanto likes this.
  10. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I still think it’s somewhat likely.

As you said, the attention to detail to its bell is weird as Torracat showed earlier in the match that it was faster than Incineroar thanks to not only its more nimble body but it using Flame Charge. So realistically the writers could’ve just had it use that speed advantage to let it dodge

11. AuraChannelerChris

Remember Hawlucha's will to fight powering him up during Alain's fight. They just simply filled the "Huh?" quota in the league. Always happens at least once.

12. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I suppose both wrestling Pokémon have to have a surprise factor for the audience

13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

Did you forget about Silvally and Zoroark?

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  14. 04n70n10

04n70n10 Well-Known Member

Torracat will resolve his rivalry with incineroar, but why this has to be the last fight of the match? A wild guess, but... with Pikachu always eager of spotlight... And I’m more intrigued with a tapu koko in a regular match and not in some “random” wild Pokémon battle

15. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

For some reason I keep thinking of this as a finals match. So I absolutely did forget those!
    Still, five Water types and two Flying types all died to Pikachu in this league. Now we add Empoleon to that trophy list?

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  16. AuraChannelerChris

The same reason why Gladion didn't use Silvally for last: because his Edgyroc had a more personal rivalry with Ash's Sunny-D Roc and was introduced first to Ash.

No trainer shown with an ace has ever opted to use a different Pokemon other than the main ace for the very last match. The whole saga has been building up Ash's cat against Kukui's tiger. It just doesn't make sense from a (smart) writer's point to brush such a rivalry off with a sudden surprise addition at the last second which has never, even been hinted at before.

To drive the point further, why would Tapu Koko even care about a guy who's not even a Kahuna?

17. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

I’d like to take a moment that we don’t really know what’s gonna happen til we see the episode. We initially thought Lycanroc was the first Pokémon Ash sent out in his battle, but we later discovered that they’re doing an interesting thing with the score board where the Pokémon Fighting is listed up top. I refuse to believe there’s gonna be a scenario where Torracat and Incineroar don’t finish their fight. And since we know Switching is viable. Also I wouldn’t take the Pokeproblem as gospel. One of them provided Crobat as an option for Gladion. And while it’s definitely possible that he caught a Crobat, we never saw it.

18. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Actually you have to take in consideration the fact that it didn't official rejoin Ash's team until in this episode, and given how team updates to the opening tend to work this means that the opening will probably be updated with Naganadel when episode 142 airs. The reason it wasn't updated in today's episode was because although it return in episode 140, it didn't officially rejoin Ash's team until this episode.

yep, which means we can't be really sure that Melmetal will lose to Incineroar, as it's possible that one of them could wind up being switched out. I mean after all we saw Kukui switch out Incineroar when Ash's Lycanroc managed to scratch it, and we saw Ash switch out Torracat when it seemed to be tired or it's fire bell was acting weird after absorbing the Blast Burn.

So while it, is possible that Incineroar could wind up knocking out Melmetal in their fight that we saw in the preview, it's also possible that one of them might get recalled instead.

19. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd agree, but they didn't add it to the ending, either, and that always gets updated first.

20. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Why bother updating the opening and ending when it will all be over in just six more episodes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.