• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanto

Water Addiction
It would be rather annoying for Rowlet to lose if only because it would be the second or third matchup where Ash has a type advantage and loses.

Braviary v. Lycanroc
Venusaur v. Lycanroc?
Venusaur v. Rowlet
Venusaur v. Torracat
Empoleon v. Pikachu
Incineroar v. Melmetal

Having a type advantage yet losing or tying is annoying, especially since Melmetal gets sacrificed to Tony the Tiger. Pikachu killing Water types is boring, he's only beaten Water types + one Skarmory in this league.
Do not forget that Venusaur is both poison type and evolved, so it also has a type advantage over Rowlet.
And Venusaur > screwed Decidueye

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I really hope Melmetal uses more than just 2 moves in this battle (even if it's just headbutt and harden I'd take that). Naganadel needs a robust moveset as well, I still find it hard to believe it'll actually use thunderbolt under Ash's direct control so hopefully it came back with some other buffs. It would be nice to see fury attack again too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why bother updating the opening and ending when it will all be over in just six more episodes?

Different anime, company and target audience but The Promised Neverland changed ED with, like, 5 episodes left.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
By the way, something that just occurred to me... remember this article and how there was so much confusion about why only 5 of Kukui's Pokémon were presented?

https://i.imgur.com/MkWVkUn.jpg

Satoshi has won the Alola Pokémon League!
HE'S NOW HAVING AN ALL-OUT BATTLE WITH PROFESSOR KUKUI!!!

It turns out that Professor Kukui is actually the strongest Trainer in Alola?! It's finally time for the battle between him and league winner Satoshi!

Scoop: Royal Mask's true identity was Professor Kukui!!

PROFESSOR KUKUI'S POkÉMON ARE SUPER POWERFUL!!

If Satoshi can win, he'll be the true champ of Alola!!

Predictions for the battle between Satoshi and Professor Kukui!!

TV-kun has made some assumptions regarding the outcome of this fully powered battle in real earnest!
Satoshi's Pokemon: Pikachu, Melmeltal, Lugarugan (Dusk Form), Nyaheat, Mokuroh, Agoyon (this is the one you should take note of)
Prediction:
If the Ultra Beast Agoyon gets to play a major part in the battle, Satoshi might win?!
Professor Kukui's Pokémon: Lucario, Emperte, Fushigibana, Warrgle, Gaogaen (this is the one you should take note of)
Prediction:
But depending on how the tremendously powerful Gaogaen fights, it might give Kukui a landslide victory...?!

Well, I just realized why: The magazine may have leaked a couple days ago, but its official street day was today. It wasn't mean to be seen until after SM141 had already aired, and it'ss meant to get you excited for SM142.

And what do the 5 Pokémon Kukui is presented with here all have in common? They're all Pokémon the show has, per today, let us know he has. Gaogaen and Warrgle were revealed long ago, Lucario was revealed two weeks ago, and Fushigibana and Emperte were both shown in the preview for SM142 that aired yesterday. But his sixth Pokémon hasn't been revealed yet, and that's why this article doesn't include it.

I rewatched the preview for this episode and I noticed that when it's Incineroar vs. Melmetal that on Ash's board, the order of pokemon goes: Melmetal, two blank spots (most likely Lycanroc and Rowlet), Pikachu, Naganadel's pokeball, and Torracat. This leads me to believe that whoever gets called out will go to the top spot while the pokemon it replaces will take its previous spot. So that means Torracat gets recalled for Pikachu and Pikachu gets recalled for Melmetal. So the flow of the battle might look more like this:

Braviary vs. Lycanroc (double KO) [order = Lycanroc, Torracat, 3 pokeballs, Pikachu]
Venusaur vs. Rowlet (Venusaur wins) [order = Rowlet, Torracat, blank Lycanroc, 2 pokeballs, Pikachu]
Venusaur vs. Torracat (Torracat wins and is recalled) [order = Torracat, blank Rowlet, blank Lycanroc, 2 pokeballs, Pikachu]
Empoleon vs. Pikachu [order = Pikachu, blank Rowlet, blank Lycanroc, 2 pokeballs, Torracat]
Incineroar vs. Melmetal [order = Melmetal, blank Rowlet, blank Lycanroc, Pikachu, Naganadel's pokeball, Torracat]

Kinda worried for Melmetal in terms of it getting a win unless Pikachu is recalled against Empoleon and Melmetal finishes it off. Because I do think Incineroar will be saved for Torracat. Hoping that article pointing out that Naganadel is a pokemon to look out for means that it can get a win at the very least.

Zariful

So I wanted add to our friend’s point about Kukui’s sixth being a mystery not necessarily being a big deal. The sub and the previous episode added a lot to the mix. I personally think this battle is gonna end with Torracat and Incineroar. So we know Ash still has the Fire Z. And per our time travel adventure, we know Kukui has one as well. Guess who just added a fire type move to their moveset. They also say Incineroar is Kukui’s strongest partner. While they may not actually know who the sixth one is and how strong it is. Kukui and the royal mask is almost always with Incineroar. After Braviary got knocked out, he sent Incineroar out to fight Mega Aggron. Ash also makes a point of focusing on Torracat. He goes up to it and says you get to fight Incineroar again. When Pikachu is all amped to go, Ash is like sorry buddy but I’m actually picking Torracat. And while Naganadel just came back as well, it never really battled with Ash before. Melmetal(as Meltan), Rowlet, Pikachu and Lycanroc all got to win battles for Ash in the league. Sure Torracat got a win, but it also hasn’t beaten its rival yet either. Sophocles also referred to Kukui and Ash as Alolan Father and Son. They also are promoting fire a lot in their dialogue. I think this battle could end with Torracat and Incineroar unleashing a Dynamic Full Flame Collision. They both have really strong fire type moves. If Kukui’s sixth Pokémon is super strong, just have Pikachu or Naganadel tie with it. And while that’s not necessarily an ideal situation with for Naganadel. It would be better than a 100% loss record.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I still can't understand one thing, of all the 4 pokemon kukui has left why did he choose the only pokemon which has the type disadvantage going up against lycannroc, the remaining three lucario, venasaur and empoleon all have type advantage against lycannroc.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I still can't understand one thing, of all the 4 pokemon kukui has left why did he choose the only pokemon which has the type disadvantage going up against lycannroc, the remaining three lucario, venasaur and empoleon all have type advantage against lycannroc.

Because he's basically an older ash. Think of all the time ash used a type disadvantage in a battle because he had some crazy strategy or wanted to throw his opponent off.

Maybe he was betting on braviarys manoeuvrability to help dodge attacks

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash's Lycanroc is entirely confined to the ground. It doesn't even have Rock Throw anymore. Braviary can just constantly attack it from above while avoiding all its moves. Braviary also gets Superpower, which is SE against Lycannroc.

hustenapfel

I might just be speaking for myself there, but going by how Pikachu got next to no love during this league until now, I think it might get the most wins. IF Ash actually manages to win, I'd like it to be Incineroar and Torracat double KOing with Ash still having Pikachu left.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I might just be speaking for myself there, but going by how Pikachu got next to no love during this league until now, I think it might get the most wins. IF Ash actually manages to win, I'd like it to be Incineroar and Torracat double KOing with Ash still having Pikachu left.
"Next to no love"
He starred against Guzma, was the one to give the final hit to Silvally, and took down Zoroark (also took down a bunch of scrubs in the BR)

hustenapfel

"Next to no love"
He starred against Guzma, was the one to give the final hit to Silvally, and took down Zoroark (also took down a bunch of scrubs in the BR)

I can't believe I actually forgot about Guzma.. Well, at least I can safely bet on Kukui now.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
"Next to no love"

The only league we can saw pikachu underperformed is hoenn league where it was fall guy in multiple matches and the reason was to compensate it with swellow and glalie since pikachu starred in half of hoenn gyms and battle frontiers.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The only league we can saw pikachu underperformed is hoenn league where it was fall guy in multiple matches and the reason was to compensate it with swellow and glalie since pikachu starred in half of hoenn gyms and battle frontiers.
He wasn't too great in Kanto or Johto either tbh

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
I don't know if anyone else has said this yet (someone probably has), but what if it comes down to Incineroar and Kukui's unknown 6th pokemon against Torracat, and Torracat and Incineroar tie. Then because Kukui still has one pokemon left, he wins. I think that would make the outcome more realistic- I still don't think Torracat can beat Incineroar (not counting damage from other pokemon on both sides), and I think a tie would still show how powerful Torracat has become. And then that could be a reason why the scan only shows 5 pokemon for Kukui- because it's never used.

Red and Blue

I don't know if anyone else has said this yet (someone probably has), but what if it comes down to Incineroar and Kukui's unknown 6th pokemon against Torracat, and Torracat and Incineroar tie. Then because Kukui still has one pokemon left, he wins. I think that would make the outcome more realistic- I still don't think Torracat can beat Incineroar (not counting damage from other pokemon on both sides), and I think a tie would still show how powerful Torracat has become. And then that could be a reason why the scan only shows 5 pokemon for Kukui- because it's never used.
I doubt they would leave us hanging in regards to Kukui's sixth Pokemon. Especially since they already revealed his other three

Zariful

One of our friends pointed out that the poster that revealed Venusaur and Empoleon was slated to come out after the episode Aired, which had a preview with them in it. So 5 of Kukui’s had already been revealed by the time the poster came out. But one was still a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.