• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Thank you.

Nice to know. Be interesting to see how they manage a full battle

Atsuhiro Tomioka is the king of writing Full Battles since writing the battle between Ash and Drake of the Orange League. We have nothing to worry about handling a full battle. What we need to know where's the rest of the team?

Ash has a team of 5 currently, meaning he only needs one Pokémon to join to make it a full team, and Poipole is the only other Alola Pokémon that Ash caught but doesn't have (Nebby is a special case where nobody officially caught him).

Gladion has a team of 4 currently, meaning that he needs to acquire two more Pokémon to his roster. The question is, what two Pokémon would it be if he wins?

Red and Blue

Atsuhiro Tomioka is the king of writing Full Battles since writing the battle between Ash and Drake of the Orange League. We have nothing to worry about handling a full battle. What we need to know where's the rest of the team?

Ash has a team of 5 currently, meaning he only needs one Pokémon to join to make it a full team, and Poipole is the only other Alola Pokémon that Ash caught but doesn't have (Nebby is a special case where nobody officially caught him).

Gladion has a team of 4 currently, meaning that he needs to acquire two more Pokémon to his roster. The question is, what two Pokémon would it be if he wins?
If Guzzlord manages to rip open a bunch of other wormholes Gladion could always catch his own UB

Revolver Furious Dragon

That's what I meant. How will they so a full battle without 6 Pokémon.

Poipole is a possibility. As is a reserve. But personally I think ash will borrow a Pokémon from one of his friends as his 6th. If indeed he uses 6 and doesn't make it 5v6

As for gladion I'd hope they pick from his in game team for his last 2.

Crobat needs some love and attention so it's a good pic for him.

Im not sure about his 6th though. Lucario is so overused by this point I wouldn't want to see another. It could be a good time to showcase porygon z although that's unlikely as they appear to be forbidden. But it's been 20 years since that incident so maybe it's time to bring it back

A kanto starter is possible I suppose. Blastoise maybe?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
That's what I meant. How will they so a full battle without 6 Pokémon.

Poipole is a possibility. As is a reserve. But personally I think ash will borrow a Pokémon from one of his friends as his 6th. If indeed he uses 6 and doesn't make it 5v6

As for gladion I'd hope they pick from his in game team for his last 2.

Crobat needs some love and attention so it's a good pic for him.

Im not sure about his 6th though. Lucario is so overused by this point I wouldn't want to see another. It could be a good time to showcase porygon z although that's unlikely as they appear to be forbidden. But it's been 20 years since that incident so maybe it's time to bring it back

A kanto starter is possible I suppose. Blastoise maybe?

The question is: Why call it a full battle without 6 Pokémon?

And honestly, Poipole being released without partaking in any of the Pokémon Grand Trials or the Pokémon League? And now we have the Ultra Wormhole popping up during the League? It seems suspicious to me.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, if Gladion win against Ash but Ash takes care of Guzzlord, I can see him letting Ash battle Masked Royal as thanks. Plus, Ash and Kukui have the whole rivalry thing going whether Ash knows it or not.

Red and Blue

We should also take into consideration what Kukui's other four Pokemon will be. As in if they will be identical to his game team or different

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's going to be 6 Pokemon. The anime writing has been rather predictable in this league, I'll list off things people got correctly from tidbits:

-Lana would beat Mallow based on her superior battling skill and Pokemon
-Decidueye would use Spirit Shackle to restrain Rowlet during Sky Attack's charge
-The semis would be 2v2
-Silvally tanks Inferno Overdrive using the Fire Memory
-Guzma's reputation was faked and his personality mirrors Golisopod
-Melmetal loses to Silvally
-Guzzlord returning as a league interruption
-Masked Royal match is a full battle

The unexpected stuff like Mallow's nervous breakdown or Rowlet's fake out had nothing to do with the battle progress, although there was some justification for it. That's a credit to Alola's fidelity toward the backstories for all the characters - very little is a true "arsepull" and almost everything has been setup. The format has also helped us by dividing the matches between episode so it's easier to narrow down how events unfold.

If Torracat wasn't injured in the semis, I'm going to throw out any possibility of last minute contrivances like Kingler getting injured or Tobias having a Latios. Ash's sixth Pokemon is either going to be Guzzlord, Poipole or Rotom - i.e., Pokemon we know Ash has had or may be acquired before the full battle.
He could also use Garchomp or a reserve (IMO most likely Bulbasaur, as he's the only one that has had some sort of interaction with the current cast aside from Ash)

Red and Blue

I hope Poipole/Nagandel wont job like Melmetal. Even if Ash beats Kukui I'm certain someone on his team will job and I want Poipole to get a win

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope Poipole/Nagandel wont job like Melmetal. Even if Ash beats Kukui I'm certain someone on his team will job and I want Poipole to get a win
Here's a definition of jobbing:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Jobber

Please note that the main purpose of a jobber is to make the other side look stronger. But we already know Silvally is strong, so Melmetal is not jobbing, just losing.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I seriously wasn't expecting a full battle vs Masked Royal
I thought we'd get Torracat vs Incineroar and that's it

But looks like we're getting a battle maybe better even than the finals so I'm hyped now

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I seriously wasn't expecting a full battle vs Masked Royal
I thought we'd get Torracat vs Incineroar and that's it

But looks like we're getting a battle maybe better even than the finals so I'm hyped now
Even better, if the stars align correctly and this is a 2-parter, Iwane could animate 143, maybe even with the Tomioka-Asada-Iwane power trio

Well if Melmetal is losing to Silvally, hopefully (assuming this is Ash vs. Kukui) it'll get its win (or two?). Like I can see Rowlet losing without a win and Melmetal taking over to avenge it.

With the title, I'm guessing that maybe Poipole might come back during the Guzzlord episode and Ash will have a full team.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
With the title, I'm guessing that maybe Poipole might come back during the Guzzlord episode and Ash will have a full team.

with the exceptions of Pikachu and torracat i'd rather Ash call on some of his reserves for this fight (if he is indeed fighting royal here), not only to make it better, but show his classmates and Kakui just how strong he truly is.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The title implies the battle is gonna be Fire vs Fire.

What? N-No, "Burn with Passion" is a super common phrase that's been used in a ridiculous amount of titles for episodes and movies and whatnot that have had nothing at all to do with fire.

Sure SM likes its pun titles, but there's no reason to assume this is supposed to be one.

EDIT: Ok, I checked, and Pokemon in general DOES have a tendency to use the term either as a fire pun or as a pun on the Japanese title of Enter the Dragon.
But we DID have the episode "Ta-Dough! Burn with Passion, Mao's Family!!" not too long ago, and that title just used the term straight without any implied puns.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I remember back in XYZ they were hyping up Ash sixth Pokemon to complete his team after having five for so long

They might do something similar before his fight with Kukui

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I remember back in XYZ they were hyping up Ash sixth Pokemon to complete his team after having five for so long

They might do something similar before his fight with Kukui
Well, pokefan should be coming out not long before this episode airs IIRC

Leonhart

Imagineer
At least we're finally getting a full battle at the Alola League, which was something that many people had wanted to see ever since the battle against Hau. I hope that Bevenom returns since it would work as a sixth Pokemon while also possibly getting involved in the search for Mohn later.

Revolver Furious Dragon

At least we're finally getting a full battle at the Alola League, which was something that many people had wanted to see ever since the battle against Hau. I hope that Bevenom returns since it would work as a sixth Pokemon while also possibly getting involved in the search for Mohn later.

To be fair we don't know it's during the league. For all we know the exhibition match could be in the previous episode as a 1v1 and this is something else entirely.

Unlikely I know but possible

Status
Not open for further replies.