• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

What would be epic is if Poipole evolved Nagandel learned Draco Meteor. Heck it could debut that move against Guzzlord

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm really interested in what Pokémon the masked royal is will use if it is him that battles here.

We only know 1 pokemon of his so far (2 if he uses braviary which I doubt he will as it will give away his identity) so he has nearly a full team left to reveal.

Will they go for his game team and give him Pokémon like magnezone and ninetales?

I'm hoping he has a trevenant that he was inspired to catch because of his friendship with the totem trevenant.

So something like

- incineroar
- ninetales
- magnezone
- snorlax
- Trevenant
- primarina / crabominable

Mostly his game team but removed lycanroc since I don't think they will have ash face another one so soon. And removed braviary because it would reveal his identity. Gave him primarina because he can have it in the game depending on the players starter, and if not that then the crabominable he uses in the battle royale. Thought about putting decidueye but again ash fought one recently and it's the same typing as Trevenant which I can definitely see kukui with

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Tomioka can make the best out of any team Ash has. He was after all the man who made the first six-on-six battle where Ash's team is composed of Pikachu, two unevolved starters, one fully-evolved Charizard, a baby Lapras that never actually fought in a Pokémon battle until now, and an untested Tauros.
And that was undoubtedly one of the best battles till Ash vs Paul, and one of my personal favourite battles till date!!

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Masked Royal’s identity is being revealed before the series ends, right? Leaving that unresolved for the sake of Burnet gags would be a little annoying. I think the most logical place for that to happen would be this episode, and if so Braviary being on his team would be fine.

I see his team being almost identical to his game counterpart; except with maybe Trevenant and Crabominable like mentioned above. Don’t think they’d change A Ninetales, especially since I think they might have Shiron see it in action and have it act as a catalyst to evolution. Snorlax is another classic Pokémon they’d never not jump at the chance to include; I can see Magnezone not making the cut though.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Masked Royal’s identity is being revealed before the series ends, right? Leaving that unresolved for the sake of Burnet gags would be a little annoying. I think the most logical place for that to happen would be this episode, and if so Braviary being on his team would be fine.

Well they did reveal blaziken mask at the end of XYZ so they should definitely reveal prof kukui secret as well, i would love to see the reaction on burnet's face during the reveal, not only that this could add more to her character.

Revolver Furious Dragon

If this is ash Vs masked royal hopefully they get torracat Vs incineroar over early.

I'm not expecting ash to win this so getting that over with makes sense

IkeBayern

How likely is it that Ash is beating Gladion based on this episode title? What are his chances of winning?

Initially, the fact that there wasn't gonna be a full battle in the Alola league kinda sucked, but now it’s nice to see that Ash gets to face the strongest trainer in the region get to face off in a full battle and has gotten me hyped.. I remember that Ash and the Professor were gonna battle in SM002 but Tapu Koko battled with him instead..

Kukui’s dreams are coming true day by day and I’ve never been happier to see a fictional character succeed with his goals and actually have all his hard work rewarded, this will probably be a battle to remember considering the fact ppl are saying this screenwriter for this upcoming episode is one of the show’s best writers..

I’m more interested in seeing what Pokémon the Masked Royal is gonna use and we if get a flashback or 2 about where and how he caught them, we already have some idea about his history with Gaogaen and Warrgle!

I think that Pikachu and Torracat will play a major role in this full battle, Rowlet and Lycanroc will not and Melmetal is 50/50 at this point leaving 3-4 spots for us to speculate about..

D

Deleted member 384931

The animator is a good one, so this episode is going to be a great one.

ShadowForce720

How likely is it that Ash is beating Gladion based on this episode title? What are his chances of winning?

Initially, the fact that there wasn't gonna be a full battle in the Alola league kinda sucked, but now it’s nice to see that Ash gets to face the strongest trainer in the region get to face off in a full battle and has gotten me hyped.. I remember that Ash and the Professor were gonna battle in SM002 but Tapu Koko battled with him instead..

Kukui’s dreams are coming true day by day and I’ve never been happier to see a fictional character succeed with his goals and actually have all his hard work rewarded, this will probably be a battle to remember considering the fact ppl are saying this screenwriter for this upcoming episode is one of the show’s best writers..

I’m more interested in seeing what Pokémon the Masked Royal is gonna use and we if get a flashback or 2 about where and how he caught them, we already have some idea about his history with Gaogaen and Warrgle!

I think that Pikachu and Torracat will play a major role in this full battle, Rowlet and Lycanroc will not and Melmetal is 50/50 at this point leaving 3-4 spots for us to speculate about..

Not really, look I get people want to see Ash using reserves, but let's be realistic here you very well know the writers not going have Ash use 3-4 reserves here, so let's not kid ourselves here. Basically when it comes to what 6 pokemon Ash will use Pikachu, Torracat, Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Melmetal are all pretty much locks, the only spot that is open on Ash's team to speculate on is the final 6th slot.

If you go into this seriously thinking that Ash is going to use 3-4 reserves and then Ash only uses one or doesn't use any then the only one that you can blame for your disappoint is yourself for tricking yourself into thinking that it would somehow be likely that Ash would use 3-4 reserves here. It's not the writers fault for not using 3-4 reserves because they never did anything that implied reserves would be used here.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Except how would the Royal get his hands on Galar Pokemon?

He could of visited at some point I suppose. Personally I'm not expecting him to use a galar Pokémon but it's not impossible.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ash sending out a surprise reserve like he did with Melmetal to Gladion would be great.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kukui having 6 Pokemon isn't bad writing. He's a Pokemon Professor, and he's the only one shown to not have research subjects. As a former trainer with a 20 year old Incineroar I'd expect he had an Alain-tier team built up over the years, lurking somewhere.

Um.... yes, yes it is.
Ash lives with him, where are these so called Pokemon living at? Rotting in their balls like poor Luxray?
I swear, you SM fans wouldn't know **** writing if it was standing right in front of you.

And a Pokemon professor doesn't need Pokemon... not all of them are like Gary, some chose the profession to begin with. You only ever saw Elm with a Pokemon once, Birch was friends with a Poochyena but didn't own it, Juniper only had a Pokemon for the sake of showing the Shelmet/Karrablast evolution, and Oak is a special case catching Rotom because... reasons? Not like that one matters though since the writers clearly forgot it exists

It would be exciting if Kukui was a character worth a damn. There's a reason he's the worst professor, people only like him because he's 'hot'. Thank god the hot guy stereotype era of Professor is finally over....
Why couldn't Ash's battle with Hau be a 3v3, and Gladion a 6v6? Those would have been exciting! Kukui is a big fat boring MEH. No chemistry, no rivalry, no excitement, nothing. The only thing worth hoping here is Melmetal getting to knock something out since it'll be at least 3 years before it has a chance of appearing again, possibly 10

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Um.... yes, yes it is.
Ash lives with him, where are these so called Pokemon living at? Rotting in their balls like poor Luxray?
I swear, you SM fans wouldn't know **** writing if it was standing right in front of you.

And a Pokemon professor doesn't need Pokemon... not all of them are like Gary, some chose the profession to begin with. You only ever saw Elm with a Pokemon once, Birch was friends with a Poochyena but didn't own it, Juniper only had a Pokemon for the sake of showing the Shelmet/Karrablast evolution, and Oak is a special case catching Rotom because... reasons? Not like that one matters though since the writers clearly forgot it exists

So how did Ash and Burnet never realize that Kukui is the Royal Mask if Incineroar supposedly lives at his house?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
So how did Ash and Burnet never realize that Kukui is the Royal Mask if Incineroar supposedly lives at his house?
Well, there are at least more 4 pokémon not even us know Kukui has hidden with him.
Coinsidering what was done with the Ultra Guardians HQ, probably there is a secret basement in Kukui's labhouse where he trains his team

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I call this a lot of assumptions.
Um.... yes, yes it is.

And a Pokemon professor doesn't need Pokemon... not all of them are like Gary, some chose the profession to begin with. You only ever saw Elm with a Pokemon once, Birch was friends with a Poochyena but didn't own it, Juniper only had a Pokemon for the sake of showing the Shelmet/Karrablast evolution, and Oak is a special case catching Rotom because... reasons? Not like that one matters though since the writers clearly forgot it exists.
Considering SM actually tries writing character development through other means than just catching a new Pokemon or just sending in countless characters of the day to delay it, you wouldn't know good writing if it bit you in the face.

It would be exciting if Kukui was a character worth a damn. There's a reason he's the worst professor, people only like him because he's 'hot'. Thank god the hot guy stereotype era of Professor is finally over....

People like Kukui because he's a fun person. I mean, he has Pokemon attack him to figure out how their moves work and thinks that a mask is enough to disguise his identity. Sure, attractiveness might factor in for some people, but acting like that's the only reason is delusional.

Why couldn't Ash's battle with Hau be a 3v3, and Gladion a 6v6? Those would have been exciting! The only thing worth hoping here is Melmetal getting to knock something out since it'll be at least 3 years before it has a chance of appearing again, possibly 10

Oh, Kukui having 6 Pokemon is a problem, but Gladion having 6 out of nowhere isn't?

Kukui is a big fat boring MEH. No chemistry, no rivalry, no excitement, nothing.
Saying they have no chemistry and no rivalry is just you refusing to acknowledge that Kukui and Ash like to fight. They've got more chemistry in their rivalry than any other rival but Gary.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I call this a lot of assumptions.

Considering SM actually tries writing character development through other means than just catching a new Pokemon or just sending in countless characters of the day to delay it, you wouldn't know good writing if it bit you in the face.

People like Kukui because he's a fun person. I mean, he has Pokemon attack him to figure out how their moves work and thinks that a mask is enough to disguise his identity. Sure, attractiveness might factor in for some people, but acting like that's the only reason is delusional.

Oh, Kukui having 6 Pokemon is a problem, but Gladion having 6 out of nowhere isn't?

Saying they have no chemistry and no rivalry is just you refusing to acknowledge that Kukui and Ash like to fight. They've got more chemistry in their rivalry than any other rival but Gary.
What about Sawyer and Stephan? (I'd mention youknowwho, but I think we both know what mentioning him would provoke)

Status
Not open for further replies.