• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I'd find it incredibly insulting if Ash only faced Kukui cause Gladion didn't want it. He needs to earn it himself instead of it being handed to him.

IkeBayern

You know, if this truly is Ash vs Kukui, it has the potential of being among the top 5 battles in the anime

Oh man the sight of them in a full battle with all of Alola watching would be so great, id like to see the reaction of Ash’s classmates when he sends out certain Pokémon against Kukui

I’m more excited to see what Kukui will use, as long as this doesn’t turn into Ash vs Tobias 2.0 where he loses 6-2 then it has potential to be great considering their dynamic

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That's a hard pass from me on that. I'd lose all respect for the series of that's how it went down
But what if there's a draw instead? The Guzzlord incident could then be used to give the match to Ash that way without negating his earning of it.
You know, if this truly is Ash vs Kukui, it has the potential of being among the top 5 battles in the anime
Fool, Gladion will begin his match with the Masked Royal, only for Delia to jump from the stands and push him out of the way so she can show off a fraction of her true power.

Revolver Furious Dragon

But what if there's a draw instead? The Guzzlord incident could then be used to give the match to Ash that way without negating his earning of it.

A draw is the same as a loss as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't win he doesn't earn it. Unless it's a draw and they fight him together or they both get to fight him

andrewscott48209

But the contest they had running, giving the winner of it a trip to Hawaii only has Ash or Gladion as valid possible choices. There's no choice for a draw or an interruption of the finals. Sure the awards ceremony will be interrupted by the arrival of Guzzlord, but the finals would be decided. I believe that if there is a draw situation, then the final winner would be decided by a battle between Ash's Torrecat and Gladion's Umbreon, and even then, I don't see it happening.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
I'd find it incredibly insulting if Ash only faced Kukui cause Gladion didn't want it. He needs to earn it himself instead of it being handed to him.

I suspect that Satoshi will lose against Kukui-hakase regardless of whether he personally "earns" the right to face him or not, so to me it wouldn't really matter. I just think that Gladio forfeiting the right to battle Kukui-hakase sounds like something he'd do to repay Satoshi.

Red and Blue

I suspect that Satoshi will lose against Kukui-hakase regardless of whether he personally "earns" the right to face him or not, so to me it wouldn't really matter. I just think that Gladio forfeiting the right to battle Kukui-hakase sounds like something he'd do to repay Satoshi.
He doesnt need to beat Kukui nor do I really expect him to. My point is that Ash being handed the exhibition match instead of getting it through victory wouldnt feel rewarding. And if that happened I would have to agree with those who say this isnt a legitimate league

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Satoshi will never accept the right to battle to Kukui-hakase from Gladio if he doesn't earn it. You think the trainer who decided to challenge all three Sanyou (Striation) triplets rather than accept one of the three would accept something that requires to be earned? Satoshi would rather have a rematch with Gladio than accept the reward that Gladio legitimately.

And why would Gladio need to repay Satoshi? It's not like he's cahoots with a criminal organization that nearly destroyed the world.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Satoshi will never accept the right to battle to Kukui-hakase from Gladio if he doesn't earn it. You think the trainer who decided to challenge all three Sanyou (Striation) triplets rather than accept one of the three would accept something that requires to be earned? Satoshi would rather have a rematch with Gladio than accept the reward that Gladio legitimately.

And why would Gladio need to repay Satoshi? It's not like he's cahoots with a criminal organization that nearly destroyed the world.
"Cahoots" would imply Alain knew what was going on. He didn't have a clue until the attack, at which point he just shut his mind off until Ash yelled at him.

dman_dustin

And how would that change the equation of Gladion repaying Ash?

Gladion could choke, and nearly get someone killed if he did beat Ash (or maybe let his anger control his life), and Ash being who might have saved Gladion or resolved the issue where he Gladion could be, could want Ash to take the exhibition match for him.

But this assumes Ash loses.

Litleonid

You know, are they really going to have this be Gladion vs. Professor Kukui? I mean, what's the point of giving what will be the only full battle in this series to a rival instead of the main character?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Gladion could choke, and nearly get someone killed if he did beat Ash (or maybe let his anger control his life), and Ash being who might have saved Gladion or resolved the issue where he Gladion could be, could want Ash to take the exhibition match for him.

But this assumes Ash loses.

Considering Gladion has never displayed any sort of intense anger issues, I’d say that’s highly unlikely.

D

Deleted member 384931

Will Ash finaly use the Firium-Z? Why did he even get that thing if he is never going to use it?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Litleonid said:
You know, are they really going to have this be Gladion vs. Professor Kukui? I mean, what's the point of giving what will be the only full battle in this series to a rival instead of the main character?

The fact that the writers don't usually care about showing us full battles from the perspective of Satoshi's rivals is partially why I think that this episode will more than likely feature Satoshi versus Kukui-hakase instead of Gladio versus Kukui-hakase.

Status
Not open for further replies.