• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Why are you guys acting like if MR uses Braviary, it will give up his identity? Is Kukui the only one in Alola who can have Braviary? Further, Ash and his friends never recognize disguised TR even when they use their Pokemon, is Kukui's case any different??

And even leave that aside, the writers are going to reveal MR's identity at some point, I don't know if there could be any better moment for that other than while he is battling Ash, if not before. I think there is a chance, his identity will be revealed in the Guzzlord episode only, even before his battle with Ash starts!!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why are you guys acting like if MR uses Braviary, it will give up his identity? Is Kukui the only one in Alola who can have Braviary? Further, Ash and his friends never recognize disguised TR even when they use their Pokemon, is Kukui's case any different??

And even leave that aside, the writers are going to reveal MR's identity at some point, I don't know if there could be any better moment for that other than while he is battling Ash, if not before. I think there is a chance, his identity will be revealed in the Guzzlord episode only, even before his battle with Ash starts!!
To be fair, everyone in-game instantly recognizes that Kukui is MR if they've met both of them. They've just given everyone in the anime Burnet's level of obliviousness to the fact.

This would be the best episode in Pokemon anime history:)
This would be a dream come true. I've even fantasy booked it. Since Professor Oak is there, he advises Ash to battle at full strength since the MR is a seasoned and established trainer who's traveled to different regions and has a strong collection of pokemon. This fires Ash up and motivates him to go all out. But sadly I think we all know this won't happen. It's a shame. Would be the perfect way to follow up this league win.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The ratings would be through the roof if something like that happened

No doubt, i could see the anime personal milking it, it would make one of the most iconic moment in series history, all the crowd favourite pokemon like charizard, greninja, sceptile and infernape in one team. I could see even the old generation coming just to see that episode if that ever had to happen.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if poipole doesn't come back (which I both doubt and don't really want since it there's so much conflict around it), Ash is going to have to call in at least one reserve for this to be a full battle.

sure they could potentially have him use Solgaleo...but considering he already has a mythical (which was beaten by a Bootleg Arceus), what would that really say about Ash's training skill if he had to resort to Tobias level standards to win fights?

they could also pull a BW on us and have them go 5 v 5 because Ash doesn't have six, but I don't think people would like that one.

The fact that Ash is most likely going to have to use a reserve, is why I want them to just go ahead and let him hit Kakui with his best fighters, bar Torracat for it's rivalry with Incineroar, not only to give Kakui (and us all) a good fight, but show everyone just how skilled Ash truly is.

Put seven regions worth of combat experience into a fight, and you will have my attention.

To be fair, everyone in-game instantly recognizes that Kukui is MR if they've met both of them. They've just given everyone in the anime Burnet's level of obliviousness to the fact.

I mentioned it in the guzzlord episode thread, but considering the lack of summaries, i'm wondering if Kakui will even walk into this with his identity as the masked royal still hidden.

the conflict with Guzzlord could cost him his mask, just like Clemont and Bonnie's father Blaizken Mask got exposed during the TF fight.

Red and Blue

if poipole doesn't come back (which I both doubt and don't really want since it there's so much conflict around it), Ash is going to have to call in at least one reserve for this to be a full battle.

sure they could potentially have him use Solgaleo...but considering he already has a mythical (which was beaten by a Bootleg Arceus), what would that really say about Ash's training skill if he had to resort to Tobias level standards to win fights?

they could also pull a BW on us and have them go 5 v 5 because Ash doesn't have six, but I don't think people would like that one.

The fact that Ash is most likely going to have to use a reserve, is why I want them to just go ahead and let him hit Kakui with his best fighters, bar Torracat for it's rivalry with Incineroar, not only to give Kakui (and us all) a good fight, but show everyone just how skilled Ash truly is.

Put seven regions worth of combat experience into a fight, and you will have my attention.

I mentioned it in the guzzlord episode thread, but considering the lack of summaries, i'm wondering if Kakui will even walk into this with his identity as the masked royal still hidden.

the conflict with Guzzlord could cost him his mask, just like Clemont and Bonnie's father Blaizken Mask got exposed during the TF fight.
The fact that he won already shows how skilled he is. Since his Alolan team got him victory I doubt he wouldn't want to use Lycanroc, Rowlet, or Melmetal against Kukui even if Poipole doesn't come back

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The fact that he won already shows how skilled he is. Since his Alolan team got him victory I doubt he wouldn't want to use Lycanroc, Rowlet, or Melmetal against Kukui even if Poipole doesn't come back

so what would you say should take the final slot?

Cause I wouldn't be surprised if at least one reserve takes it, or we get a five on five which is not a full battle, and I know Is bound to trigger BW haters.

Red and Blue

so what would you say should take the final slot?

Cause I wouldn't be surprised if at least one reserve takes it, or we get a five on five which is not a full battle, and I know Is bound to trigger BW haters.
Poipole. I still think it could happen between 140 and 142.

If not Poipole then maybe Bulbasaur as it interacted the most with Ash in the Kanto special

TheWanderingMist

If not Poipole then maybe Bulbasaur as it interacted the most with Ash in the Kanto special
Bulbasaur comes back and evolves into the best of any Kanto starter stages, Ivysaur.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
From the creators of "Lana's" Dewpider...

Ash goes Cameron and faces Kukui's six pokémon with his five
Torracat, his fifth, faints after a good fight.
Masked Royal asks SAtoSHi, "do you have any more pokémon left?"
Ash responds "I do."
Companions are surprised and confused
Ash closes his eyes.
Guitar sounds come from far, and slowly become closer.
A familiar theme plays as a blue creature jumps to the battlefield.
Ash open his eyes and says, with a different tone in his voice
"Ikuze, Gekkouga."
XYZ fans wake up from the dream

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

I really like Fushingdane, one of my faves of Satoshi’s team but man they didn’t even bother to have Satoshi command an attack from him against Team Rocket in the Kanto episodes. They just had him send out Lugarugan (who revealed Accelerock) so I’m wondering if they’re even keen on old Pokemon having a role newer series as battlers. But yeah I’m #TeamCabbage even if I think they’ll just (somehow) bring back Bebenom to save the day. I think something potentially hinting at Bebenom’s return is the fact it learned Fury Attack, was stated to be fast (suiting Satoshi’s battle style) and they didn’t bother to refer to its evolution by name.

ShadowForce720

I really like Fushingdane, one of my faves of Satoshi’s team but man they didn’t even bother to have Satoshi command an attack from him against Team Rocket in the Kanto episodes. They just had him send out Lugarugan (who revealed Accelerock) so I’m wondering if they’re even keen on old Pokemon having a role newer series as battlers. But yeah I’m #TeamCabbage even if I think they’ll just (somehow) bring back Bebenom to save the day. I think something potentially hinting at Bebenom’s return is the fact it learned Fury Attack, was stated to be fast (suiting Satoshi’s battle style) and they didn’t bother to refer to its evolution by name.

Also to add on to what you said it's interesting that when it comes to the anime it tends to show case the pokemon that have form changes that they can trigger, they will actually show it, for instance when Deoxy showed up in the movie and anime we saw it change forms, likewise when Shaymin and Giratina showed up in their debut movie they both showed off their alternate forms, and in the more recent series with Oricorio we one drink nectar and change it's form.

Considering that Poipole being a Ultra Beast and so far the only one that is capable of evolving, it seems odd that we wouldn't see a Poipole evolving into a Naganadel in the anime, especially when you consider other special pokemon like for instance the legendary pokemon Cosmog, Type:Null, and the mythical pokemon Meltan all were shown fully evolving(although Type:Null's evolution is more of a form change or just it being released from it's mask) and being the only cases so far of Legendary and Mythical pokemon evolving.

Heck we've even seen Necrozma go through all of it's different forms and actually change through them. So it would seem weird for them not to show the only UB so far capable of evolving, evolving in the anime.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Another thing I realized is that Satoshi has no surprises? He literally lives with opponent. Professor Kukui was the one who encouraged Mukuroh to learn a new move to fight Fukuthrow, he has seen Nyaheat and the rest of Satoshi’s team firsthand many a time in battle and he has refereed some of Satoshi’s matches on top of watching his entire showing in the league. He literally even witnessed Meltan evolve and named Double Iron Bash himself. Satoshi hasn’t seen any of his Kukui’s Pokemon in battle outside of Gaogaen and even then it remains an obstacle for Nyaheat.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Poiple is 100% coming back for the full battle and anyone who says it's not is in denial at this point. I mean, I despise Poiple as much as the next guy, but from a narrative standpoint it's the only 'mon that makes sense to fill the 6th slot at this point. It's not like Ash is gonna come after Incineroar with a Solgaleo lol. Why else would they conveniently introduce an ultra wormhole right before the 6 on 6 battle.

TheWanderingMist

Poiple is 100% coming back for the full battle and anyone who says it's not is in denial at this point. I mean, I despise Poiple as much as the next guy, but from a narrative standpoint it's the only 'mon that makes sense to fill the 6th slot at this point. It's not like Ash is gonna come after Incineroar with a Solgaleo lol
Nah, Mimey showed up for a reason, and Delia probably has a secret Psychium-Z. The one ending did show Ash doing the Psychic pose with Mimey.

Status
Not open for further replies.