• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 6th: SM142 - Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I wonder if Kukui will use legends. If we want to make a "hype" battle, the grandest way to do it is call in the reserves against a legendary team.

If there's one "downside" to the Paul battle, it's that Paul had no flashy Pokemon. Everything he trained was workmanlike and effective, but not particularly special. His strongest overall Pokemon is a Torterra, and his Sinnoh ace Electivire. Hardly unique Pokemon. He even had a Nidoking, which Smogon considers "the quintessential blue-collar Pokemon". Of course, this is because Paul himself was special and using flashy Pokemon would detract from him as an opponent.

That isn't Masked Royal at all. He is very flashy and theatrical. Using his game team wouldn't have the same tension as calling in the four Tapus to compete. With the Kahunas all involved in the league, and liaisons with the Tapus, I'm surprised we haven't seen the four here yet.

So my guess: Braviary, Incineroar, and Tapu Lele, Fini, Koko and Bulu. Ash will use Pikachu, Torracat and reserves, settling the rivalry with both Incineroar and Koko in one concise match.

Another possibility is Marshadow, giving Pikachu a main series rematch of M20. We already got a main series rematch of M21 against Zeraora.
I'm not sure about reserves, but I really consider Kukui using the Tapus as a possibility

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm not sure about reserves, but I really consider Kukui using the Tapus as a possibility

I don't. Why would he? I haven't seen all of sun and moon but is there anything to hint he has a bond with all 4 of them?

Personally I consider his game team with one or 2 changes to be more likely. But there probably just going to give him random strong Pokémon. Maybe with a fighting/wrestling theme. Stuff like hawlucha & primape maybe

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't. Why would he? I haven't seen all of sun and moon but is there anything to hint he has a bond with all 4 of them?

Personally I consider his game team with one or 2 changes to be more likely. But there probably just going to give him random strong Pokémon. Maybe with a fighting/wrestling theme. Stuff like hawlucha & primape maybe
Bewear is revealed as Kukui's Pokemon that he lets hang out in the wild.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Maybe they just want to fight Ash (ash jas fought with Koko and Bulu, while Rockruff fought Lele, and Ash did meet Fini once)

Revolver Furious Dragon

Maybe they just want to fight Ash (ash jas fought with Koko and Bulu, while Rockruff fought Lele, and Ash did meet Fini once)

Then they would just challenge ash. They wouldn't need to team with a trainer to do it

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
After a fierce battle, Kukui's Incineroar is the last Pokemon standing. Torracat put up a good fight but couldn't defeat it, and not even Pikachu could bring it down.

Kukui looks around him at the stage he's created, the people he's brought out to discover their passion for pokemon battling, and feels a jolt of elation that he could win the final battle and experience a rush of euphoria the likes of which only a true battle can create.

The ref is just about to announce him as the winner when Hala stands up and loudly clears his throat.

Kukui starts sweating.

Revolver Furious Dragon

After a fierce battle, Kukui's Incineroar is the last Pokemon standing. Torracat put up a good fight but couldn't defeat it, and not even Pikachu could bring it down.

Kukui looks around him at the stage he's created, the people he's brought out to discover their passion for pokemon battling, and feels a jolt of elation that he could win the final battle and experience a rush of euphoria the likes of which only a true battle can create.

The ref is just about to announce him as the winner when Hala stands up and loudly clears his throat.

Kukui starts sweating.

Hala announces ash has one more Pokémon that he was waiting to be send from oaks.

At that moment oak runs in and hands ash a pokeball saying Tracy sent it to him.

Ash smiles and turns to kukui and starts talking about his adventures in sinnoh. How he worked long and hard with his fire type there and it's now one of his strongest.

He throws the pokeball.......

And out pops leavanny. Oak slaps his head and curses Tracy for sending the wrong Pokémon

Revolver Furious Dragon

Here's an interesting plot twist. What if ash's 6th is the zeraora that dia befriended?

It is probably coming back in sm140

Revolver Furious Dragon

While Ash using a second mythical and second electric type sounds great I doubt it. Think Zeraora would want to stick with Dia

I'm not saying it would leave dia. They both might stick around for a little. Maybe the wormhole closes before they get back through.

It would be just for one battle

dman_dustin

Why the hell can't Ash use Pokemon he actually has/owns? I don't understand people's obsession with Ash using other people's Pokemon.

1. Maybe he'll ask his classmates for a Pokemon against Masked Royal
2. Maybe he'll use Zeraora

Why can't he just use the countless Pokemon he does have access to instead of a Pokemon that LITERALLY makes no sense. At least Ash-Greninja would've made more sense than Zeraora.

Now if you meant that Ash catches his universe's Zeraora while Dia has HIS universe's Zeraora, yeah sure, I'm fine with Ash CATCHING a strong wild Pokemon to use against Kukui. Not okay with him ever using anyone else's Pokemon.

Bewear is revealed as Kukui's Pokemon that he lets hang out in the wild.

Well I don't think Ash is using Solgaleo to you know bridge that gap, so if that were the case. RIP Ash's Pokemon.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Why are you guys acting like if MR uses Braviary, it will give up his identity? Is Kukui the only one in Alola who can have Braviary? Further, Ash and his friends never recognize disguised TR even when they use their Pokemon, is Kukui's case any different??

And even leave that aside, the writers are going to reveal MR's identity at some point, I don't know if there could be any better moment for that other than while he is battling Ash, if not before. I think there is a chance, his identity will be revealed in the Guzzlord episode only, even before his battle with Ash starts!!
Yeah, I can see MR's identity being revealed in a manner like Blaziken Mask in XY.
It's like when during the Necrozma thing, Kukui said to Faba to keep this a secret when he sent out Incineroar.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Not anymore than the Kahunas; I'm merely speculating on how to create an exciting battle appropriate to Ash's experience and status.

However, in Pokemon Sun & Mon, Tapu Koko battles the player during the credits, which roll right after becoming the Champion. So I think a real battle with him is inevitable, it's just a matter of when it happens.
That'll most likely be during graduation/as Ash is about to leave Alola and go home

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That'll most likely be during graduation/as Ash is about to leave Alola and go home
Of course, Ash will be expelled instead of graduating.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So if this is kukui vs ash we have another Pokémon for kukui, lucario which is really disappointing in my opinion.

No news on ash's 6th yet.

So Revising my team speculation for kukui

- incineroar
- braviary
- hawlucha
- lucario
- snorlax
- Trevenant

Of course ash is still up in the air. No idea what it could be at this point. No sign of poipole In the guzzlord episode.
I'm not expecting ash to win this so I wouldn't want him to use 5v6 as it would be horrible. So I guess a reserve. But which one? Ideally it would be something that needs the win and the screentime but it's likely to be something powerful like infernape

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I wonder if this exhibition would be one-sided and will be finished in a single episode...

If only GPICSS with Peakachu using Z-move will be Ash's team, he would probably massacre Masked Royal...

Status
Not open for further replies.