• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 7th: SM91 - It's an Outbreak-chu! The Pikachu Valley!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Karla is still a legitimate name though
But 'Pikarla' may as well be something different. It could even be a nickname that's given to her, which could be based on her real name.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
Terrible nicknames have been a thing for as long as Pokemon's been around :p

That's true. My only issue with Pikarla is her hairdo, but I know that it's that way as a method for promoting the special Pikachu haircuts in LG: P/E.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Since there's been some questions about this, I can confirm that Thursday is still Pokemon Day at Oha Suta, and that they did indeed show a new preview for this episode today.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Since there's been some questions about this, I can confirm that Thursday is still Pokemon Day at Oha Suta, and that they did indeed show a new preview for this episode today.
Was there anything new that came out of the preview? I don’t expect much granted there is sufficient information for a plot and that the Pikachu at Pikachu Valley have gotten a fair amount of exposure already.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Rocket trio wore Pikachu ear headbands, I don't think we've seen that in any promos yet.
I don’t recall seeing them in any prior material either. I never thought that Team Rocket would wear Pikachu ear headbands along with the others.

DatsRight

Meowth throwing Wobbuffet into action, might the blue blob finally get to do something this series?

Also all the other Pikachu swarming Ash's and 'Presley-Chu' implies they might be teaming up in the end.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That moment when it's Thursday after a three week break.. and still don't feel any need to check in with the Pokémon animé.. a series that I've watched the pas 20 years. I honestly can't believe that after a series like XYZ, they'd turn the show into this - and this is coming from a fan that finds even the classic Johto-episodes enjoyable on rewatch. At first I thought it was just the new artstyle that was jarring and still gave it a shot.. the first stint on Melemele had a few good arcs, but it's been pretty much miss after miss afterwards.

Normally I wouldn't rant like this, but this episode being the first after a relatively long break and on an entirely new (negative) timeslot, the realization has set in. I'm done, November 2019 can't come fast enough - and maybe I'll give that series a shot, but Sun and Moon killed my honest passion for the Pokémon Animé.

DatsRight

That moment when it's Thursday after a three week break.. and still don't feel any need to check in with the Pokémon animé.. a series that I've watched the pas 20 years. I honestly can't believe that after a series like XYZ, they'd turn the show into this - and this is coming from a fan that finds even the classic Johto-episodes enjoyable on rewatch. At first I thought it was just the new artstyle that was jarring and still gave it a shot.. the first stint on Melemele had a few good arcs, but it's been pretty much miss after miss afterwards.

Normally I wouldn't rant like this, but this episode being the first after a relatively long break and on an entirely new (negative) timeslot, the realization has set in. I'm done, November 2019 can't come fast enough - and maybe I'll give that series a shot, but Sun and Moon killed my honest passion for the Pokémon Animé.

And we didn't have loads of generic 'Team Rocket butt into silly antics' episodes in XYZ did we? Crossdressing Serena, Clemont's 'girlfriend', the Litleo and Breloom episodes, the AMAZING lock pick episode with Binacle, they were all crucial episodes that didn't follow a really generic formula and had the protagonists barely do anything noteworthy. Even the ones adding continuity could be repetitive (eg. the Zapdos episode). Up until the league I was actually starting to lose interest because I knew how EVERY single episode would plot out and the cast had practically become automated, while with SM it's at least only once in a while.

I'm not saying SM isn't a bit overrun with 'fluff' episodes (the companions' teams really should have upgraded by now), but saying XYZ was like their pinnacle of revolutionary serious writing a tremendous step above SM is absurd.

Last edited:

Remix2

Saw the new preview and they’re still using the previous opening instead of the new one in it, is the new opening only a one off?

colomb

And we didn't have loads of generic 'Team Rocket butt into silly antics' episodes in XYZ did we? Crossdressing Serena, Clemont's 'girlfriend', the Litleo and Breloom episodes, the AMAZING lock pick episode with Binacle, they were all crucial episodes that didn't follow a really generic formula and had the protagonists barely do anything noteworthy. Even the ones adding continuity could be repetitive (eg. the Zapdos episode). Up until the league I was actually starting to lose interest because I knew how EVERY single episode would plot out and the cast had practically become automated, while with SM it's at least only once in a while.

I'm not saying SM isn't a bit overrun with 'fluff' episodes (the companions' teams really should have upgraded by now), but saying XYZ was like their pinnacle of revolutionary serious writing a tremendous step above SM is absurd.

There's no doubt in my mind that if they had Ash travelling around the region like every other series that we would still get most of the episode plots that we already have (such as this episode), albeit the context of some of the situations would be altered a bit. I get the feeling that the problem really lies with false perceptions. In other series Ash and friends walking towards the sunset at the end of an episode after helping whichever random loser with their pokemon problems implied progression as if it were a necessary step and he was closer to the next gym. This series doesn't have that so this perception doesn't hold up. It's mostly the same type of episodes we've gotten for 2 decades and I feel that people are just now seeing the fillers for what they are.

Henry's Journey

Sorry, don't wanna sound like I'm attacking you but I have noticed that when someone criticizes SM you ALWAYS bring up XY/XYZ to bash it, like I'm a super fan of the SM but you could defend it with arguments instead of bringing past series.

When people criticizes (and with legit reason) SM for being way too filler-y/Johto like, you jump in, people have the right to be kinda bored with this long string of filler.

The excuse that the Necrozma arc was plot-driven doesn't mean they have to do generi fillers for a full month after a freaking 3 week break (almost 2 months of nothing of importance!) and SM has showed they can make important episodes like UBs, REAL character development and evolution/capture ones being comedic style, there's just NO excuse.

Anyway, looking forward to this episode mostly because of the new opening and cuz I really like Pikachu (and a game location appears).

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
At first I was sort of happy about this time change so I wouldn't have to stay up before school days, but this wait until Sunday is annoying as well tbh.

DatsRight

Posting with intent to annoy others
Sorry, don't wanna sound like I'm attacking you but I have noticed that when someone criticizes SM you ALWAYS bring up XY/XYZ to bash it, like I'm a super fan of the SM but you could defend it with arguments instead of bringing past series.

Eh, because the initial poster made the comparison to XY/XYZ first, claiming that SM was a downgrade. I will admit I make that retort too often, but you can't complain about me bringing it up when the comparison was made in the first place. That's hypocrisy.

And yes SM has had too many fillers, but the sad fact is that EVERY DAMN SERIES over relies on fillers. Either that or very formulaic episodes with some very minor two seconds of continuity placed at the tail end, which SM does as well. The only difference is that SM skips a lot of pretensions and false hype, superficial elements to make it seem like things are going forward and changing when they barely are, and instead tries to make it's filler more diverse instead of just repetitive padding all the time.

I do agree that stuff like the stagnant teams are annoying but truthfully I'd prefer that over dynamic ones that just do the same boring crap over and over.

You complain that's a cheap argument by comparing it to past series, but if the complaint in the first place was comparing it to past series, then it feels relevant.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Missed this bit earlier, so have a quick before-the-episode-airs update:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/news/index.html#211881

A Pikachu played by Nicole Fujita is going to appear?!
The Pokémon fan model Nicole Fujita attempts voice acting for the very first time!
She'll be playing a female Pikachu named "Kurin"-chan
in the first episode to air after the timeslot switch,
Sunday October 7th's "It's an Outbreak-chu! The Pikachu Valley!"
Kurin-chan is called the idol of the Pikachu Valley.
Don't miss out on her role in the episode!!

We have a comment from first time voice actor Nicole Fujita:
"I've always wanted to try voice acting, but I'm really happy my first gig was in Pokémon.
I'm playing a Pikachu in this episode, but since my lines are also basically "Pika!" over and over, I was completely unable to picture how I should play the role at first. But I practiced at home and the staff was really kind to me, so I was able to get it done.
I did my absolute utmost with parts that weren't actually in the script as well, like giving the Pikachu a voice in a scene where it's running, so I want you to pay close attention so you notice those minor bits as well."

There's also a promo video for the new timeslot featuring Nicolun and Pikachu that's been airing on TV a couple times recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.