• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 7th: SM91 - It's an Outbreak-chu! The Pikachu Valley!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Wonder if this is all we will get for LGPE.
I doubt it. I think this episode is just as much USUM promotion as it is LGPE promotion, since the Pikachu Valley is a location in the USUM games. We have about a year left of the SM anime, yet there is not much left of the SM or USUM storylines for the anime to cover. The writers need some material to cover the rest of the SM series, so I doubt this is the last we'll see of LGPE promotion. We still need Eevee to get more time in the spotlight in order to properly promote LGPE.

Part me is expecting the LG Rival to show up. Maybe even as a main rival since this saga in DESPERATE need of those...
I think Gladion can be considered Ash's main rival this saga. So far, he is one of the few of Ash's peers who can actually challenge him in battle. Even if Kiawe participates in the Alola League, I don't really see him as much of a threat to Ash—at least, not as he stands right now. Besides, he is too much of the friendly rival, whereas Gladion is a slightly more typical rival; he gets along with Ash, but isn't one of his close friends and he doesn't always agree with him. Ilima will probably participate in the League, too (since Professor Kukui invited him), but I definitely would not consider him the main rival.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ilima wasn't a rival.
Plus, he was voiced by a special guest star they probably can't have around much anyway.

Plus, Kiawe is more of a companion than a rival much of the time and poor Gladion's barely ever around.

How the heck is Gladion barely been ever around when he for the first time met Ash in SM27, then was around for the entire Aether arc, and now is also around for the entire Necrozma arc as well, playing very important roles in both of the arcs as well? Heck, he has battled Ash twice so far now and has even defeated Ash once pretty soundly. He is pretty much following the same path/goal that Ash is following in this saga, a.k.a. doing all the island trials just like Ash (which he confirmed in SM55). He is being build up quite well as Ash's primary challenge and strong/main rival in SM so far, and Aether arc also went deep into his backstory, well into his childhood.

I really can't take it seriously if you truly mean that Gladion's barely been around.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I doubt it. I think this episode is just as much USUM promotion as it is LGPE promotion, since the Pikachu Valley is a location in the USUM games. We have about a year left of the SM anime, yet there is not much left of the SM or USUM storylines for the anime to cover. The writers need some material to cover the rest of the SM series, so I doubt this is the last we'll see of LGPE promotion. We still need Eevee to get more time in the spotlight in order to properly promote LGPE.

I think Gladion can be considered Ash's main rival this saga. So far, he is one of the few of Ash's peers who can actually challenge him in battle. Even if Kiawe participates in the Alola League, I don't really see him as much of a threat to Ash—at least, not as he stands right now. Besides, he is too much of the friendly rival, whereas Gladion is a slightly more typical rival; he gets along with Ash, but isn't one of his close friends and he doesn't always agree with him. Ilima will probably participate in the League, too (since Professor Kukui invited him), but I definitely would not consider him the main rival.

I mean we could get what we got in Gen 5 with the random islands but I think most would rather have LGPE including myself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The new Pikachu form showing up here is neat, even if it's mainly to serve as a LG: P/E promo tool. I don't think it's a bad thing however, if only because I like seeing unique Pokemon like this in the anime.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Say, when DO we get a voice cast list for this episode? o_O

Will we still get it today, or will be a week or two? Especially with the timeslot change.

Come to think of it, does the timeslot change mean we'll get VA lists on a different day from now on? :confused:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well it's not like we will have to wait long. We will know Poipole's fate literally tomorrow.

And I can't wait for this debate to end.
It'll be nice to know for certain if Ash will be back down to four Pokemon or remain at five.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
that shiny Pikachu looks like the simisage trainer from unova from one of those tournaments where scraggy learned focus blast

colomb

I bet it goes like this: the girl Pikachu likes Ash's Pikachu, the shiny one gets jealous and then tries to pick a fight, then later does something heroic to earn her affection.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I bet it goes like this: the girl Pikachu likes Ash's Pikachu, the shiny one gets jealous and then tries to pick a fight, then later does something heroic to earn her affection.
I guess that’s a very likely scenario. Maybe that Pikachu uses Catastropika to save her and that Pikarla convinces that female Pikachu the shiny Pikachu saved her and falls in love as a result.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New "summary".

https://i.imgur.com/2pEgKeI.jpg

The Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon anime is switching time slots!!
The first episode to air after this switch will air Sunday October 7th. Make sure not to miss it!!

Here's a super pre-airing scoop on the "Pikachu Valley", the setting of the first episode to air after the switch!!

Satoshi and the others experience something huge in the "Pikachu Valley", where nothing but Pikachu can be found!!
Left blurb: Satoshi and the other turn into Pikachu too?!
Middle blurb: Strong and scary-looking Pikachu appear as well!
Right blurb: What's up with this hairdo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.