• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 8th: PM2019 083 - The Py That Became A Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

Both of them ate up screentime, especially the catching since they were unnecessary and could be done in episodes dedicated to him (which are in abundance). At least the Mega Evo expo did its job of exposing the newer audience to that gimmick, what did the catching do?
It's funny to read posts like this and think back to the time when literally every gym battle episode used to spend more time on a Team Rocket segment than this ep spent on Gou.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's funny to read posts like this and think back to the time when literally every gym battle episode used to spend more time on a Team Rocket segment than this ep spent on Gou.
TR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goh.

Rohanator

Whataboutism isn't a defense, it's a poor attempt at a deflection.

And for the record, I disliked TRio misuse or time-wasting segments in important episodes.
It's just one example of episodes not being totally focused on one thing being a pretty normal thing, even if I'm glad TR isn't used that way anymore either. The point is more that Gou taking a minute or two from some battle eps is like, such a non issue for me it's funny especially thinking about past stuff, and ESPECIALLY considering that the reason for that is usually probably to fill time that's leftover after they've worked out how much animator power they have to spend on action rather than it "preventing" them from spending more time on the battle, I dont think I even need to defend it I just wanna make points I haven't seen yet.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
TR adds conflict or entertainment. Goh's catching adds a waste of time and throws off the pacing.
I would like the TRio to change their goals and lives and not waste 1000 times on screen time trying to steal Pikachu because it makes it irritating, boring and not creative. I'd like to see James become the best pokemon keeper and Jessie become a famous TV star by interacting with her partner Meowth if that were the case.
Goh is different, he will be in the anime for less than you expect. A year or two will stay and you will forget about him and then you will complain about something new in the next generation.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Filled up Goh's roster of kalos mons
Bro it really didn't eat up screentime at all. It was done in like 30 seconds and barely mattered.
Could have been done in Another episode
I have said múltiple times that having Team Rocket every episode was a mistake even when they were at his best in DP.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Could have been done in Another episode

I have said múltiple times that having Team Rocket every episode was a mistake even when they were at his best in DP.
Unfortunately, as there are episodes focusing on Team Rocket, these are the best episodes of them that do not resemble crime fiction at all, because they were doing something different and was more interesting than just robbing someone. Therefore, I would prefer writers to change their goals and lives by abandoning criminal acts.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
No then that would steal focus from Grookey, who still has not used a move. Goh doesn’t need other old Gen starters as it would just steal focus from his Galar trio
No no. He later grabs the Sinnoh starter after Grookey evolves. Plus, the Journyes adventure isn't over yet. There is still
one season or two. So there's gonna be a chance to see Grookey in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.