• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 8th: PM2019 083 - The Py That Became A Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Hard to say. Ash have defeated Iris, even she being a champion now, don’t give much idea about the standards.

I’d think they’d give Ash a mix of his best ‘mons and he still could barely win. Or maybe a draw.

Personally, I’m prepared for the staff coming with something like have Cynthia lose to one of the other Master 8, then give Ash a single battle (garchomp vs pikachu, obviously, to the hell with type advantage) for the sake of it.
Meh that would be lame as hell.

mystreon

the elder eevee
I cant read through this thread, everyone's calling unown, "unknown" and its driving me insane.

Megapixel

To beat cynthia i think ash has to be absolutely best it will be good if he mixes his current team with his old ones
I'd like to think that Ash will use a combination of his old pokémon and some of his current ones, but JN hasn't given much hope that something like this could happen, especially in episode 68 where Ash didn't even mention using his old pokémon, for what the most likely scenario is that ash uses his JN team and wins, i hope i'm wrong the truth

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Only because those Pokemon were used in battles with those returning characters. And they've been doing this for over a year. It's not new.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Cynthia Garchomp moveset is Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Brick Break and Stone Edge. I can see Garchomp replacing Brick Break or Stone Edge for Poison Jab or a ground move

Milotic was replaced in the anime for Gastrodon.
She had a Gastrodon in DP as well

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Cynthia Garchomp moveset is Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Brick Break and Stone Edge. I can see Garchomp replacing Brick Break or Stone Edge for Poison Jab or a ground move

Milotic was replaced in the anime for Gastrodon.
We haven't really seen her full 6 pokemon team yet. We only know that she has Garchomp, Gastrodon and Glaceon in anime.

At Diamond & Pearl game is shown to have Gastrodon and Milotic on her team. But I really wanted to see her team from Black2&White2 game, especially: Garchomp, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Glaceon and Milotic.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Cynthia so far has Garchomp, Gastrodon and Glaceon
I'd like Spiritomb to remain. JN has to show Spiritomb anyway somehow and what better way then to start of Ash v Cynthia
For her last 2 mons I personally would want Roserade and Braviary

MartínK

We haven't really seen her full 6 pokemon team yet. We only know that she has Garchomp, Gastrodon and Glaceon in anime.

At Diamond & Pearl game is shown to have Gastrodon and Milotic on her team. But I really wanted to see her team from Black2&White2 game, especially: Garchomp, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Glaceon and Milotic.

I played Pokémon Platinum and Gastrodon was replaced by Togekiss, by seeing your post i looked and knew that Cynthia had Gastrodon in DP. So to resume the mons that Cynthia has in the games are Gastrodon, Milotic, Roserade, Togekiss, Spiritbomb, Lucario, Garchomp in DPPt, they added Eelektross and Braviary in BW and Glaceon in B2W2.

In the anime she had Garchomp, Gastrodon and Glaceon, it would be interesting to know her other 3 mons

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I played Pokémon Platinum and Gastrodon was replaced by Togekiss, by seeing your post i looked and knew that Cynthia had Gastrodon in DP. So to resume the mons that Cynthia has in the games are Gastrodon, Milotic, Roserade, Togekiss, Spiritbomb, Lucario, Garchomp in DPPt, they added Eelektross and Braviary in BW and Glaceon in B2W2.

In the anime she had Garchomp, Gastrodon and Glaceon, it would be interesting to know her other 3 mons
I wonder if the game developers decided to leave the same team in BD&SP as in the older game.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I wonder how Satoshi would be able to realistically beat Cynthia in the Master 8.
Honestly, what is the difference in power between Cynthia and Leon. Cynthia just has no dynamaxing experience, and if Leon had been going to the Sinnoh region to beat her, I assume he would have lost because he can't gigantamax his Charizard at Sinnoh. So rather it sounds like a fairly fair result.

As for Ash, he will definitely beat her, but then he will be in the Master Class, not now.

Master Pikachu 11

I'd like to think that Ash will use a combination of his old pokémon and some of his current ones, but JN hasn't given much hope that something like this could happen, especially in episode 68 where Ash didn't even mention using his old pokémon, for what the most likely scenario is that ash uses his JN team and wins, i hope i'm wrong the truth
I guess I wouldnt mind Infernape vs Garchomp in the PWC. Lets be honest, Satoshi need to use reserves in the Master 8, otherwise I wouldnt feel realistic
Agreed, even if for some reason that he doesn’t use his reserves then he should catch a few Pokémon so that he is less predictable because even in DP he caught at least 6 Pokémon and used his reserves in the league. I guess BW really had a huge impact on the staff if they are still going to be content with Ash just having the same XY and SM team size. Hope that we still get the reserves none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.