• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 9th: PM2019 040 - VS Thunder! Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well looking at how the writers have been handling Goh. Goh only seems to be carrying around Raboot and Sobble every so and so episode. Should Zapdos a Legendary Pokémon be treated like the Raichu or Aerodactyl Goh has just dropped off and never to be seen again until a plot demands it? Not really fair to the legend.
Eh who cares anyways tbh cause it's not like Ash will do any better with it to say the least since well... It's Zapdos. , and out of 3 in the Bird Trio, Zapdos is the one that gets treated like horsecrap in battle. Most obvious example is how it literally lost to a newly evolved Noivern in XYZ.

ShadowForce720

Eh who cares anyways tbh cause it's not like Ash will do any better with it to say the least since well... It's Zapdos. , and out of 3 in the Bird Trio, Zapdos is the one that gets treated like horsecrap in battle. Most obvious example is how it literally lost to a newly evolved Noivern in XYZ.

Okay this ridiculous, Zapdos did not lose to Noivern. Basically the only reason Noivern managed to get a hit off on Zapdos was because it caught Zapdos off guard. In all reality it was pretty likely that Zapdos would have used the same tactic it used against Hawlucha, on Noivern and would have won had Team Rocket Trio not intervened.

I mean I’m sorry but to just go around and say Zapdos lost to Noivern just because Noivern got a lucky hit in is ridiculous especially when we had just saw Hawlucha hit Zapdos causing Zapdos to “fall” only to spin around and knock out Hawlucha.

dman_dustin

Mewtwo is one of the few pokemon I can not see in a human's hands period, just like Eternatus, maybe caught briefly to be documented, but not kept for very long, and given what the latter is capable of it would probably be sealed away somewhere after being caught.

I only agree with this if we're dealing with a Mewtwo that can speak but even that has its own issues.

A Mewtwo that exists for the sake of existing a battling machine could reasonably be caught.

If Mewtwo can communicate it could desire a trainer and choose Ash for example.

Also since there is a multiverse, its also feasible to just give Ash an alternate universe Mewtwo.

As for Eternatus, given how guaranteed its capture is in the games, I can't help but think it just needed a strong loving trainer

ShadowDragon16

I’m thinking they will alter the Eternatus part to where it will either just take off to never been seen again or Leon comes out and catches it.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
For starters, Ash was given a Dragonite as his first capture in the new series. A pokemon (Dragonite) which is statistically more powerful than a Zapdos and is even reveired in the anime for being a very rare and powerful monster that not many trainers have. So I see no reason for why Ash shouldn't own a Zapdos which is a less powerful pokemon than the dragonite he possess.

Commenting on this part. Dragonite does out spec Zapdos in the games but I suppose there is power in the word "LEGENDARY". It certainly has an extra layer of hype. However I think it is too late for people to be worried about Legendaries losing their value when Dragonite already lost tons of value and hype by being a first capture.

And when you consider the series going forward you need to wonder how to increase the hype further:
  • First and one of the most popular Ghost types
  • Second most popular pokemon that fans haave wanted for years and has special aura connection
  • This one must be a Japanese or subjective thing because the hype isn't as high for me

I only agree with this if we're dealing with a Mewtwo that can speak but even that has its own issues.

A Mewtwo that exists for the sake of existing a battling machine could reasonably be caught.

If Mewtwo can communicate it could desire a trainer and choose Ash for example.

Also since there is a multiverse, its also feasible to just give Ash an alternate universe Mewtwo.

As for Eternatus, given how guaranteed its capture is in the games, I can't help but think it just needed a strong loving trainer

This is why I was asking about pokemon speaking in the main series. If this is speaking Mewtwo from the movies then like Meowth it is its own character and wont be caught.

But if this Mewtwo is like the wild one from origins then I could see it being caught.

Master Pikachu 11

Didn't he fail to catch those 2 Pikachu?

edit: and does the first attempt to catch Trapinch count as a failure?
I am talking about not getting a capture in an episode. Since catching Wingull in the Milotic episode, he has caught at least one Pokémon in almost every episode since then. So this maybe the first episode that he doesn’t capture a Pokémon.

Red and Blue

Since this is set in a Power Plant I could see Go catching a Magnemite or a Voltorb. Magnemite would give him a Steel type

PsychoLogical

That flygon is in open area, not the power plant. And that scene was from larger preview not specifically ep 40 preview.

That is not Goh, isn't it?
As grainy as this picture is, I'm almost sure those are Ash's colors. Particularly the white sleeve/red hat(?).
It doesn't really look like Dragonite here though which is odd.
You two can relax, it’s literally just Ash and Dragonite. It’s just really distorted.

PsychoLogical

Ash catching Zapdos would at least allow him to catch other Electric type Pokemon be it something like Toxtricity or a future gen Pokemon.
Why does it have to be Zapdos tho :<

Lacuna

Goodnight
You two can relax, it’s literally just Ash and Dragonite. It’s just really distorted.
Yup, I never said it wasn't Dragonite. Just that I can see how some people thought it was Charizard at first when it looks that way. =P
How anyone can see Zapdos in there though, I have no idea...

PsychoLogical

Then why isn't Ash catching more Pokemon like Goh?
Catching constantly isn’t his goal or path. He’ll very catch alot but obviously not as much as Go will sonce that’s the whole point of the latter. Ash on the other hand is just doing so occasionally when the time comes for him to catch again.

Master Pikachu 11

That flygon is in open area, not the power plant. And that scene was from larger preview not specifically ep 40 preview.

That is not Goh, isn't it?
It’s either Ash and Dragonite or Leon and Charizard since the summary that we got from arc said that Ash and Leon will be dealing with the Dynamax Pokémon while Goh will be with Sonia to research what is happening so that is my guess. And the trailer also showed Ash riding on Dragonite and the picture that we got with Gigantamax Centiscorch shows Leon riding Charizard so it could be either of them.

Also if Ash is going to get a second electric type then I would like for it to be Zeraora instead of Zapdos.

Status
Not open for further replies.