• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 9th: PM2019 040 - VS Thunder! Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Eh would have rather had another past character returning episode than this tbh.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m fine with focus. But catching a Zapdos??? Legendaries in the anime are suppose to be mythical and not be caught. They’re already breaking how the anime works with goh chucking poke balls everywhere. If he catches a zapdos it’s just ridiculous
That hasn’t even been the case since DP. Legendaries are now treated as regular rare mons. They aren’t special anymore.

PsychoLogical

Goh is a brand new trainer. Gladion was an experienced trainer. So what’s your point? I would be fine if goh got it later in the series. However, he could of had some real development
You living under a rock? Cause he has been getting “real” development.

Bearys

That hasn’t even been the case since DP. Legendaries are now treated as regular rare mons. They aren’t special anymore.
Legendaries are treated as special pokemon? The only people with legendaries in the anime are capable trainers which is something goh isn’t. Goh has had zero development and he doesn’t deserve to own a zapdos. I’m fine if he had development and caught it

PsychoLogical

Legendaries are treated as special pokemon? The only people with legendaries in the anime are capable trainers which is something goh isn’t. Goh has had zero development and he doesn’t deserve to own a zapdos. I’m fine if he had development and caught it
Thanks for proving my point on my comment about “living under a rock”. He has been getting development for a long while now. And I don’t think you really understand what development is.

RafaSceptile

Goh has more development than characters like May or Serena or the SM cast minus Lillie and Kiawe at this point on their respective series, SO.....

dman_dustin

I’m only willing to accept Go getting Zapdos if Ash gets Galarian Zapdos in return in the future as another contrast capture :>

What's with the obsession with Zapdos? Why restrict Ash to the worst one, why not generalize and say Ash gets a legendary bird if Go gets Zapdos, Ash and Go do not need to constantly parallel themselves with regional variants, the only time that would be acceptable is if Ash got something first.

So Ash gets Articuno/ G. Articuno and Go gets the opposite, same with Moltres.

Go catching something first doesn't mean much.

Bearys

Goh has more development than characters like May or Serena or the SM cast minus Lillie and Kiawe at this point on their respective series, SO.....
Ok, Tell me what is his development other than chucking pokeballs at pokemon and refusing to battle and catch it? Alongside with being a jealous kid that ash has friends haha

Last edited:

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
It is based in both Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee and Pokénob Sword & Shield because it takes elements of both games, so no, this is not a giant filler.
It's based on mobile GO with a little Sw/Sh elements. Go chucking Pokeballs at POTD is filler and the wasted screentime adds up. Honestly, they could summarize Goh's new captures on his Pokedex at the end of each episode instead of the instant capture compilations and no one would care.

RafaSceptile

Ok, Tell me what is his development other than chucking pokeballs at pokemon and refusing to battle and catch it?

JN003: He started to understand Ash's actitude, being his new friend and companion
JN005: He got his starter, knowing that to catch other Pokémon can help on his goal
JN007: He learn that Pokémon Battles are part of to be a trainer after see Ash's battle in the Flute Cup finale
JN022: Goh and Raboot bonding episode
JN028: Goh and Sobble bonding episode
JN032: Goh's backstory
JN037: We see a more decided Goh and more secure of himself, which show how decent he was evolved at this point in the series.

Also we get some other interest episodes like the Cubone's episode (first Goh's bonding episode with a new Pokémon) and the Flygon's episode

RafaSceptile

It's based on mobile GO with a little Sw/Sh elements. Go chucking Pokeballs at POTD is filler and the wasted screentime adds up. Honestly, they could summarize Goh's new captures on his Pokedex at the end of each episode instead of the instant capture compilations and no one would care.

Almost each episode in those 22 years had at least some "filler" with your logic.

Bearys

JN003: He started to understand Ash's actitude, being his new friend and companion
JN005: He got his starter, knowing that to catch other Pokémon can help on his goal
JN007: He learn that Pokémon Battles are part of to be a trainer after see Ash's battle in the Flute Cup finale
JN022: Goh and Raboot bonding episode
JN028: Goh and Sobble bonding episode
JN032: Goh's backstory
JN037: We see a more decided Goh and more secure of himself, which show how decent he was evolved at this point in the series.

Also we get some other interest episodes like the Cubone's episode (first Goh's bonding episode with a new Pokémon) and the Flygon's episode
This just proves he doesn’t have enough development to catch a legendary. In terms of strength he’s just not that strong enough. Honestly i don’t know why i’m arguing cause he’s probably not going to catch zapdos anyways so yeah

RafaSceptile

Legendary Pokémon aren’t that special or rare anymore since maybe dp. In the first episode it had some trainers raid battling lugia like its normal. Legendary Pokémon I guess lost its appeal

I mean, some of they are still special because they are "deities" like Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Zapdos has nothing special not even in its movie.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I'm conflicted.

On one hand, I love the idea of a legendary raid battle, it should be very fun to watch.

On the other hand, I don't want Goh to catch Zapdos and stuff a legendary bird in the lab with the rest of the Pokemon. That idea really annoys me. Especially if he doesn't put in a lot of effort in catching it (if it's an easy capture).

PsychoLogical

I'm conflicted.

On one hand, I love the idea of a legendary raid battle, it should be very fun to watch.

On the other hand, I don't want Goh to catch Zapdos and stuff a legendary bird in the lab with the rest of the Pokemon. That idea really annoys me.
Let’s be fair tho, Legendaries have greatly lost their appeal over the years in the anime. The only exceptions are the box Legendaries and “third” Legendaries. The rest are nothing more than rare powerful mons that aren’t even that special like the most obvious being the Bird Trio and has been shown like how some trainers have been seen with Legendaries on their roster in the past. Even Mythicals are now starting to get that treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.