• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 9th: PM2019 040 - VS Thunder! Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartínK

Go doesn't deserve a Legendary just yet, maybe the third season of the gen so i really hopes this goes exactly like the Lugia raid.

Red and Blue

A raid battle huh? So Go might actually catch Zapdos? This should be interesting

Rohanator

Confining new characters into old character's pacing makes no sense to me, I want Gou to accomplish the most he can in THIS series not when he makes a one episode cameo 20 years later. Assuming this series lasts 3 years (it might very well be longer but for the sake of this argument lets just assume it won't be) we're just about one whole third in, if Satoshi and Gou indeed end up capturing legendaries I think this is a perfectly fair timing for the first one, especially since it'll be a relatively "normal" Pokemon compared to many of the more out there legendaries. Makes more sense to space them out than to have Gou go on a legendary catching spree in the last year or something.

And in general I'm just fine if the anime changes its handling of legendaries a bit to match the games, owning one doesn't have to be that colossal of a deal.

Red and Blue

Will the lab be even able to fit Zapdos? It may force Sakuragi to expand the lab or move it so Zapdos has room to fly.

Sword master zacian

Will the lab be even able to fit Zapdos? It may force Sakuragi to expand the lab or move it so Zapdos has room to fly.
Well the lab can fit a giant sized golurk so I think Zapdos might not have any problem
I am looking forward to next food fight I wonder which side will Zapdos take the bug types or the water types or maybe make its own group with flying types or legendary type

Red and Blue

Well the lab can fit a giant sized golurk so I think Zapdos might not have any problem
I am looking forward to next food fight I wonder which side will Zapdos take the bug types or the water types or maybe make its own group with flying types or legendary type
The enclosed space may not provide Zapdos enough room to fly around though. That isn't a problem with Golurk but Zapdos may require more room.

STICKTOPIA

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Raid Battles are usually the best episodes of PM19, so fingers crossed this continues the trend set by Lugia, Golurk, and Flygon (albeit on a technicality)

Can't wait for Sakuragi to wonder how on earth he's supposed to house a giant legendary bird, although since The Lord shrank while in captivity, maybe Zapdos will do the same...

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Has anybody talked about the fact that this is likely to promote crown tundra? Since legendary raid battles are going to be a thing. Like specifically that one mode where you do a bunch of raid battles and then face a legendary as the last one.

Red and Blue

You know even if Go catches Zapdos it might act disobediently towards him. He may have to work in order to earn it's respect like Ash did with Charizard

Ѕhiny Missingno

There's also a very realistic possibility that Gou fails at catching Zapdos, and catching it becomes a mini-arc of sorts, similar to how Bea has also been a major roadblock for Ash. I think it would be interesting if Gou had to resort to strategic thinking in order to catch an incredibly elusive Pokémon over multiple episodes.

In a future episode he could even use his collection of Pokémon in creative ways to overcome the difficulties that he'll encounter in this episode. That would be an excellent way of tying his Pokémon catching goal as a means for him to overcome really tough opponents, which would make his character arc all the more satisfying.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Zapdos' size is no problem in the lab.

The problem is how many city-wide power outages it'll cause for not getting enough food or how many times it gets pissed by Skwovet stealing its food. It'll probably leave Cerise bankrupt or even evict his family from their house. Or worse, drop Goh from being a research assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.