• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 9th: PM2019 040 - VS Thunder! Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

What would be interesting is if Surge was part of the raid and ended up catching Zapdos himself. Then he could use it against Ash in a PWC battle.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I hope this isn’t another raid battle like Lugia where it’s literally just people standing around waiting for the set time Lugia promised to show up and let people try to kick its ass, because that was extremely stupid. A Golurk situation where they stumble on it in a group and are forced to battle is much better.

With that said I frankly don’t care much either way if Go catches it. Failing and learning a lesson from it would be way better, but I’ve become mostly numb to how they handle Go’s captures. I’ve never liked 90% of them, but it’s an aspect of the show I just try to ignore now because I don’t think it’ll change. If they want him to start getting legendaries, he just will.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
With that said I frankly don’t care much either way if Go catches it. Failing and learning a lesson from it would be way better, but I’ve become mostly numb to how they handle Go’s captures. I’ve never liked 90% of them, but it’s an aspect of the show I just try to ignore now because I don’t think it’ll change. If they want him to start getting legendaries, he just will.

can't really say never with this series.

Considering Ash was going through a "Funk" after losing to Bea, it would be interesting if Gou had one from this, trying to secure a legendary with the help of others and still failing to get it, even more so if he used Flygon or Golurk, it would help make him realize that not all pokemon are going to be easy to capture.

but who knows what they will do, you can't know because of how unpredictable things are.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If Go catches Zapdos, Go haters will go berserk on this forum! Run for your life!. Anyway I feel like Go may catch it but release it he just need to fill a Pokedex. Having Zapdos inside that little lab rotting would be pretty counterproductive. Maybe if Zapdos like powers up Vermilion city or something.

izmir

Well actually Goh is just playing Pokemon GO. He is gonna get a legendary eventually. I believe Ash will catch a legendary as well. He caught an ultra beast and a mythical already.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
No, not really. Unlike any previous companion who they gave a goal that could be developed towards, Go has yet to experience any form of setback or failure. Ash in his badge quests did lose gym battles and other major battles, May and Dawn lost their share of contests, Serena lost showcases. Go, on the other hand, has not even so much as had a Pokémon he wanted flee. He’s never experienced any kind of roadblock when it comes to his goal.

Capturing a legendary Pokémon is no small deal and even if you think he’s not a newbie trainer anymore, he is. He’s only just begun to actually make use of his Pokémon for tougher opponents and has yet to develop a style of his own, instead mimicking Ash. Just for a point of reference, it was considered a big deal when Ash’s Pokémon we’re able to go toe to toe with legendary Pokémon and Ash is an experienced trainer. Go getting an offscreen win against the dojo master does not equate to him being on the level of winning against a legendary Pokémon even in a raid battle. As I said in my previous post, if they allow him to capture Zapdos here, he’s pretty much just taking a walk in the park in the pokemon universe. Criticism on characters is what is needed for the characters to be bettered. After all, what’s the point in caring about a character’s story if they never have to struggle for what they’re after and learn from their failures?

Goh failed to catch:
  • Pidgey
  • Scyther (first time)
  • Diglet, Dugtrio
  • Dratini line
  • Tentacool
  • Gengar
  • G-Farfetch'd
  • Pikachu
  • Grubin
  • Sandaconda
Dewgong, Farfetch'd and Venonat all took multiple pokeballs.

I don't see why a battle style inspired by someone else is suddenly a problem, it's not like the attacks don't work when it isn't Ash's pokemon making them.

Also Goh isn't fighting against Zapdos himself, so it isn't like he is being put on Ash's level. I don't see why you would have Ash > Legendaries, and then have Ash + Goh + Surprise helpers < Legendaries.

Goh has been getting development towards catching pokemon from the beginning, the most relevant being his loss to Hoji in episode 7, after which he is only now getting solo wins on screen.

If Goh catches Zapdos, then Ash better get either Articuno or Suicune/Entei because if your going to have one protagonist catch a legendary Pokémon then you should have your other protagonist catch one as well especially since you didn’t have him catch one for these past gens. And before you say it will make him overpowered well, Goh will for sure be overpowered if he is successful in catching Zapdos among other legendary Pokémon.

Then if you are going to have one protagonist get into the masters 8 then the other one should as well. /s

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Unless Goh is using Golurk here, this is going to be a short raid battle for him lol.

Wonder who the unlikely help is, probably TR and there stupid gacha machine tbh.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Also Goh isn't fighting against Zapdos himself, so it isn't like he is being put on Ash's level. I don't see why you would have Ash > Legendaries, and then have Ash + Goh + Surprise helpers < Legendaries. /s
How is it decided that Goh is the one who gets to catch Zapdos? The other raid participants conveniently don't want to catch it and just want to test their skill?

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
How is it decided that Goh is the one who gets to catch Zapdos? The other raid participants conveniently don't want to catch it and just want to test their skill?
Coz capture rate of ash vs gou has a ratio of 1: too many.

FatBigachu

After 3000 years of waiting, I don't want Ash to catch a Zapdos as his first legendary. There are much cooler legendaries Ash can catch.
If they're going to give Go a legendary, I think it would make more sense to let Ash catch a legendary first.

desdar300

Admittedly I'm pretty conflicted on this since technically is up this is one of the Lesser legendary Pokemon but on the other hand go getting it so soon why we still don't even know what Ash's sixth capture is, feels uneven.
More than anything though I'm worried about the implications after this because if this leads to some sort of legendary raid hunt then ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Master Pikachu 11

Goh failed to catch:
  • Pidgey
  • Scyther (first time)
  • Diglet, Dugtrio
  • Dratini line
  • Tentacool
  • Gengar
  • G-Farfetch'd
  • Pikachu
  • Grubin
  • Sandaconda
Dewgong, Farfetch'd and Venonat all took multiple pokeballs.

I don't see why a battle style inspired by someone else is suddenly a problem, it's not like the attacks don't work when it isn't Ash's pokemon making them.

Also Goh isn't fighting against Zapdos himself, so it isn't like he is being put on Ash's level. I don't see why you would have Ash > Legendaries, and then have Ash + Goh + Surprise helpers < Legendaries.

Goh has been getting development towards catching pokemon from the beginning, the most relevant being his loss to Hoji in episode 7, after which he is only now getting solo wins on screen.

Then if you are going to have one protagonist get into the masters 8 then the other one should as well. /s

That is not a very good analogy because catching Pokémon is way different then participating in battles. Ash actually needs to catch Pokémon in order to battle. Sure he has reserves but it is clear that the writers don’t have any plans to utilize them at all at the moment. Also Ash will actually use his Pokémon in battles more then Goh will utilize most of his Pokémon not named Raboot and Sobble. Just because one protagonist has a goal of catching Pokémon doesn’t mean the other protagonist should not get one either because people are worried about him supposedly being overpowered even though there are plenty of trainers that own legendary Pokémon as well such as Gladion and Trollbias.

Status
Not open for further replies.