• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 9th: PM2019 040 - VS Thunder! Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasMV

I like the consistency in that scene with Zapdos' electric attack sending Raboot flying but Pikachu took it in his place. Of course he's an electric type and all, but I like little things like that to keep the power difference between pokemon consistent.

I didn't expect Team Rocket to be openly helping Ash and Go. I thought they would be in a disguise like usual, but having Ash accept their help openly is unexpected. I wonder how that'll play out.

I don't know what to expect, I just hope we get to see a cool battle, involving Ash's Pikachu and Dragonite, and Go's Flygon, Aerodactyl and Golurk (since Raboot is out after that attack from the preview).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
“Powerful biological energy”
What does that even mean and how do you sense that?

They're at the same lab that sensed Lugia approaching. Probably the same system.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
He will transform his Raichu's tail as a device to keep Zapdos harmless.

Hint: Raichu pokedex description

Also, Goh's Raichu might have Lightning Rod as her ability

Guy100

I get the point of Goh being a trainer whose main goal is to catch'em all. But I'm not about to sleep on Ash. Ash loves battling strong pokemon, which is why he was so excited to want to fight Lugia. In this episode, Ash also seemed excited to want to participate in the raid battle against Zapdos.

I understand that raid battles are a Pokemon Go theme mechanic, but its also competitive as well. By this I mean, just because raid battles occur in the anime, and Ash and Goh partake in them, does not build on the assumption that its more likely gonna be a capture for Goh.

The fact that Ash is also partaking in the raid battle, gives notion that he could as well end up being the one to catch the boss pokemon (Zapdos).

I mean, what would be the purpose of raid battles between Goh and Ash, if Goh will most likely end up the victor. Just seems pointless for Ash to be involved.

Also, Goh won the last raid battle, when He and Ash competed to catch Golurk, so by fairness of competition, Ash may possibly be the one to win this raid battle, catching Zapdos. This would give audiences the idea that raid battles are unpredictable.

(since Raboot is out after that attack from the preview).
I don't think he is out.

It seems at first it is only Pikachu + Raboot vs Zapdos. They were zapped with Raboot pushed back (I guess this is when Ash ask Goh whether he is done for but Goh replied he is not). TR then join them with Raboot still on the battle. TR would then betray them.

LucasMV

I don't think he is out.

It seems at first it is only Pikachu + Raboot vs Zapdos. They were zapped with Raboot pushed back (I guess this is when Ash ask Goh whether he is done for but Goh replied he is not). TR then join them with Raboot still on the battle. TR would then betray them.

That's a rather weak Zapdos then, if Raboot isn't knocked out by that attack.
Aerodactyl one hit K.Oed Raboot after all.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
With a supereffective attack.

Looking back, I wouldn't doubt it was a critical hit as well. It does explain why Raboot did so well against Flygon just to lose like that.

LucasMV

With a supereffective attack.

True. But while Aerodactyl is a strong pokemon, Zapdos is a Legendary, and it's supposed to be significantly stronger. So a neutral attack from a Legendary should be equal to a super effective attack from a non-legendary.

It doesn't matter too much, but it does show some inconsistency in how they portray the pokemon's power/resistance.

True. But while Aerodactyl is a strong pokemon, Zapdos is a Legendary, and it's supposed to be significantly stronger. So a neutral attack from a Legendary should be equal to a super effective attack from a non-legendary.

It doesn't matter too much, but it does show some inconsistency in how they portray the pokemon's power/resistance.
Pikachu is there to take some damage from Raboot. In double battle, if a move hit more than 1 targets, its power is reduced, isn't it?

STICKTOPIA

Called this way back when lol.

Ya, still not looking interesting here. TR betrays Ash and Goh in the end blah blah...
Lmao that would be like the episode with the beeheyem

LucasMV

Pikachu is there to take some damage from Raboot. In double battle, if a move hit more than 1 targets, its power is reduced, isn't it?

I don't think that's how it works in the games, unless that changed in gen 8.

Regardless, I think it'd be strange if Raboot isn't knocked out by that attack, unless they explicitly state that Zapdos didn't attack with full force or something like that.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't think that's how it works in the games, unless that changed in gen 8.

Regardless, I think it'd be strange if Raboot isn't knocked out by that attack, unless they explicitly state that Zapdos didn't attack with full force or something like that.
That's been a thing since Double Battles were introduced though at first the split damage was 50% but from Gen 4 onwards it's a 25% reduction

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Since Goh wants to catch them all, I want to see how he can possibly catch Wailord and try to stick that Pokémon in the lab that would be extremely funny trying to fit that thing in there.
That's easy, either they never have him catch it or they screw Wailord over by undeservingly scaling its size like in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.