• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October Plot Discussion

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Another month of brief summaries:

Grade 4:
Platinum has trouble attacking her own Pokemon, and her hesitation put her at an huge disadvantage because Dahlia has no problem bringing down her own team with her attitude that life is just a game. Another earthquake comes from Stark Mountain, and Looker goes off to investigate.

Just when all hope seems gone for Platinum, she remembers her goal at the Frontier, and that is find out how to get to the Torn World, where two very important people currently are at. With that, she makes a pact with her team to fight each other seriously. Meanwhile, Looker finds Buck injured at Stark Mountain, and turns out, TG has tricked Buck into moving the Magma Stone, which ended up unsealing Heatran...

Grade 5:
At the Veilstone HQ, Dia brings down a grunt to steal his uniform and try to follow the other grunts. Outside, Platinum comes to Veilstone after having obtained the Beacon Badge from Volkner and parting ways with the gymleaders. She finds a battle ensuing at the entrance, and sneaks in.

Going through the warp panels, Dia eventually encounters Chatlord (after scaring each other off initially), who was sent by Pearl to find Dia and return Roo and Lee to him. Unfortunately, the cloaked TG grunt appears and attacks him. The lucky thing is, the Pokedex resonant sound begins to beep, which means he is no longer alone...

Grade 6:
Pearl finds the gates of Veilstone heavily guarded, but fatefully encounters the D.P Unowns again. Turns out, the lake explosion created a tunnel that connected the Solaceon Ruins to its Veilstone opening. The Unowns help out Pearl to get through the TG grunts, and Pearl gets into the HQ via the warehouse. He sends off Chatlord to find Dia, and deliver Roo and Lee back to him.

Meanwhile, the first red chain is complete, and Cyrus is notified of Pearl's intrusion, but he barely pays heed, and tells Mars, Jupiter and Saturn to head off to Mt. Coronet to wait for him. In that instant, someone crushes down the walls of the room and sends out her Spiritomb to fight Cyrus's Honchkrow...

So perhaps our initial suspicion that Dia and Pearl are thrown into the Distortion World during the Mt. Coronet events is true afterall? That would explain their absence from the Platinum series. And Cynthia and Cyrus's battle, Cynthia must lose to let the events unfold at Mt. Coronet, right?

Coronis~

Maxim

Beyond repair
Your Photobucket account has exceeded bandwith. Such a pity...

Jade

Myuu...
So many broken links, but still a great read and I guess its getting closer to the climax for DP arc and it would be prepared for HGSS arc in a few months or something...

Yeti

Banned
Is it just me or do the pictures not work right now?
Well, let's see...
So many broken links, but still a great read and I guess its getting closer to the climax for DP arc and it would be prepared for HGSS arc in a few months or something...
you are surely getting famous. Finishing the photobucket bandwidth is not at all easy unless you are famous.
Yeah, it is such a pity we didn't get to see the pics. Thanks for the update anyways. ^^
Your Photobucket account has exceeded bandwith. Such a pity...
What do YOU think? 8\

In other news I am glad Saturn is going with Mars and Jupiter... leaving him behind would be tragic.

JFate

Travelling Trainer
Aha, so they were banished to the Torn World! But wait a minute, that kinda means DP is gonna end in a sad note. Now I'm just kinda wondering if Cyrus is at least defeated and or if Platina's gonna do all the rescuing alone...

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Dang. I have been waiting for the Trio to reunite and while they seem to all be at Vielstone they won't be together long if the Torn World theory holds up. I imagine Dia can take the altered dimension thing in stride, Pearl will freak out at the gravity-defying terain. "Walls do NOT work that way!"
I am getting tired of the girl charas cast as savior thing. Yellow rescuing Red, Crystal not being turned to stone so she could supply Emerald w/ free pokemon etc. I dunno, I never liked the "anything boys can do, we can do better" 90's grrrl-power attitude in media, and sometimes Special falls in that category. Still love the manga to pieces on the whole.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
I caught a glimpse of that pic before the bandwidth gave out and, to be honest, it looked more like Paka and Uji (whom we know for sure got sent there) to me than Dia and Pearl.

Maybe Platinum feels a duty to rescue them because they were after all her real bodyguards and it was partly her fault that they got sent there.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
Someone help me?

So Platinum is now battling in Sinnoh, AND at the battle island? 0_o

~Ledyba;165;

EDIT: RANKUP!!

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
As I understand it Ledyba, every month we get two chapters from the current Diamond/Pearl arc (in this case, Grade 5 & 6). The other grade deals w/ the Platinum arc which is taking place a little bit in the future.
They've done similar thing in the past, running the Riley arc before showing Dia getting Shieldon. They also started the DP arc while finishing out the FR/LG saga.
When the volumes are collected all the chaps are gathered in chrono order. But at the mo, yeah the timeline seems a bit kooky. It helps if you think of it as two seperate adventures.
I wish I had got to see the bodyguard pic to say for sure. I hope it's Paka & Uji b/c then all 3 Dex Holders could help out the rescue, but Dia & Pearl being stuck seems more in line w/ past sagas. I wonder abt other free hosting sites Coronis could try now his photobucket account past it's bandwidth? All I know of is mediafire and megaupload, if they have limits I've never been pop enough to reach them! I'm glad for the summaries tho and the effort that was put in. :)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Can you, like, make your album public so we can just go there and see the pictures?

Chelc

Guys stop whining about not being able to see the pictures. Coronis will fix them when he can, I'm sure. Thanks.

Back to topic.

Rex Kamex

Netkun updated, and there are pictures there, including one with Dia in the Galactic outfit. Volume 33 comes out October 28, in other news.

kaedemirumo

Wonderland? o3o
Here, some pictures:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zeittari/1dggfd.jpg
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zeittari/1dgxzbf.jpg
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zeittari/1edfs.jpg
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zeittari/1egsdzd.jpg
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zeittari/1gfszd.jpg
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zeittari/1tegd.jpg

This month's chapters felt slightly boring to me, but were still okay. I'm looking forward to the trio meet-up. I wonder if Buck and Looker are going to face off with Charon, because it looks that way.

I wonder who Platina's going to face next after she's done with Dahlia...

Porygandrew

she remembers her goal at the Frontier, and that is find out how to get to the Torn World, where two very important people currently are at.

So... If it is Dia and Pearl who are in the Torn World, then what happened to her bodyguards? Where did they end up?
I forget, did Platinum know about her real bodyguards? If not, then it would make sense that she'd only think about two people instead of four. Plus it would make an interesting plot-point to have the guards as guides for Dia/Pearl when they arrive there.

Otherwise, if Dia/Pearl aren't in the Torn World, then why are they conspicuously absent? /curiouser

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Dahlia has a Ludicolo and Togekiss? First the cute hairdo and the perfect curves, now a wonderful team I am officialy jealous of her!
rofl at Bullhorn Looker. Trying to give Pearl a run for his money as biggest loudmouth? And I guess Dia borrowed the outfit from an adult Grunt, how else would it fit? XD I promise no fat jokes next month.
Thnx kaede for the pics. I am still hoping Dia/Pearl do not go to Torn World. (at least not w/out Platinum) I could see Dia helping Eldritch's son w/ Darkrai (as he got a ride from sailor to Iron Island) and Pearl... training more? Doing a comedy "roast" of Crystal and her makeover? Jeff Foxworthy'd have a field day w/ redneck jokes on her short-alls.