• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Careful there, Sun. You’re a cat, and you know how well they interact with Water(types).

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just picked up the magazine. Rather expected progression and not too many surprises.

Tape Lele gets strangled by Xurkitree's cables, and Rotom-Dex doesn't have data on the creature. It flies close to collect data, only to get zapped by Xurkitree. It manages to state that it uses electric attacks before passing out/shutting down. Moon decides to attempt a capture with her arrowed Pokeball. Although it hits, Xurkitree is not caught and simply retreats into the spacial rift. Tape Lele is obviously angry, and then it departs. Mallow wonders if the creature is what's upsetting the Tapu, and Moon thinks they should approach the Tapu directly since it is the purpose of the Island Challenge after all, although they should find a way to get the Mirage Berry first. She collects the dust scattered by Tapu Lele, and Mallow decides to nickname the creature Lightning since 'the creature that looks like a bundle of cables' is too long a name to use.

At Brooklet Hill, Sun gets hit by the schooled Wishiwashi, and Lana reveals that she is actually the one who raised the Totem. She gets into her serious/angry mode, and says she never misled Sun but he just never gave her a chance to fully explain (which is why she teared up). She thinks Sun is belittling weak ones who cry, and should see how powerful they can get. Despite being in its enraged state (due to its forehead coin being dirtied), Dollar has a hard time fighting the Totem. Sun finally decides to target on Baht, since it is the reason the schooling occurred and would theoretically be its 'command centre'. Dollar successfully lands a hit on Baht (the left eye), and the giant Totem disintegrates. Lana approves of Sun's ability, reverting back to her timid self, and Sun officially captures Baht with a Pokeball.

The chapter ends with Kahili showing up at the doorstep of Hala, stating her knowledge of Tapu Lele being spotted again on Akala...

========================

Nothing too interesting to be honest, only that the Ultra Beasts are apparently portrayed as more powerful than the Tapu (I think they share the same base stat in the games?).

Coronis~

Moni_22

Thanks for the summary!

Yes, this chapter doesn't sound too interesting, but at least we got some progression with Sun completing the trial. This is the... third chapter of the Akala Arc correct? Then there's at least 4 more or so. I hope next chapter is more interesting. And I hope we get to see Plumeria soon. I've been waiting for her both in the manga and the anime, and she should appear soon...

e9310103838

Thanks for the summary!

Yes, this chapter doesn't sound too interesting, but at least we got some progression with Sun completing the trial. This is the... third chapter of the Akala Arc correct? Then there's at least 4 more or so. I hope next chapter is more interesting. And I hope we get to see Plumeria soon. I've been waiting for her both in the manga and the anime, and she should appear soon...

And Lusamine / Aether Foundation, I think they should come out soon. ;488;

Moni_22

And Lusamine / Aether Foundation, I think they should come out soon. ;488;

Yes, after Akala they should go to the Aether Island. But I wonder if that's going to happen in the Akala Arc of after that. This would be just too simple for Akala Island, something else should happen

TheHumanPokedex

Since that new Pokemon Special data book came out saying both Rowlett and Litten are both level 16 they will probably evolve within the next 2 chapters. I'm still really curious with how everything will turn out especially with the release of USUM within a short 3 months

shadowF

Since that new Pokemon Special data book came out saying both Rowlett and Litten are both level 16 they will probably evolve within the next 2 chapters. I'm still really curious with how everything will turn out especially with the release of USUM within a short 3 months

I am still wondering what will be the rest of Sun and Moon's teams will be? If I remember correctly, I dont think anyone predicting Sun getting a Wishiwashi.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I am still wondering what will be the rest of Sun and Moon's teams will be? If I remember correctly, I dont think anyone predicting Sun getting a Wishiwashi.

Not enough cats in Alola for him to train lol.

I'm betting on Sun getting Solgaleo AKA Nebby., Passimian(Gotta call it Pound, because Rugby), and a USUM-important 'mon/Kartana(The least antagonistic UB right now based on what we know so far)/Lycanroc Dusk form ...Rand is the only African currency I can thing of atm for a nickname...or Dollar will evolve w/Namu's training/help, En will likely end up with Incinium-Z.

Moon seems like she'll get at least Comfey(Healer and comically antithetical to her Poison Gimmick), and I'm hoping for her to get a Kantonian form of a Alolan mon/a USUM-Important Pokémon(Preferrably something luck-based to make her rethink her stance on luck)/Kartana. Deciduium-Z on Decidueye via Z-Power Ring, , Toxapex, Alolan Muk, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say Charjabug w/o Vikavolt.

TheHumanPokedex

Yeah I didn't even think about Wishiwashi because it's primarily a sea based pokemon and can't do much on land and with PokeRide its not like he strictly needed one to cross the ocean. But with this manga fish pokemon have been shown to do decent on land so I really want to see it in battle soon. As for other team members I could see Sun getting Dusk Form Lycanroc to showcase it. Y's Croaky has Battle Bond so I could see Sun getting Dusk Lycanroc.

e9310103838

Well most fish pokemon in Special just end up floating on land so I don't think that will be a problem

Even in game and anime, they also do the same thing.

Due to Professor Kukui already has a Rockruff, I do not know how they will make Sun has a Lycanroc. (I not say it's impossible, I just do not know how they will make it.)

And I think Lillie will meet Sun and Moon. ;120;

--------------------

Oh, so bad, there is no update B2W2 8/25.

Let us wait for 8/29.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Oh, so bad, there is no update B2W2 8/25.

Let us wait for 8/29.

And here I was with an "it's been three thousand years" meme ready :( Oh well, I guess a Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" meme will have to do lol.

But seriously, have they announced that it's now coming out on the 29th or is that just speculation because that was an earlier announced release date?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Yeah I didn't even think about Wishiwashi because it's primarily a sea based pokemon and can't do much on land and with PokeRide its not like he strictly needed one to cross the ocean. But with this manga fish pokemon have been shown to do decent on land so I really want to see it in battle soon. As for other team members I could see Sun getting Dusk Form Lycanroc to showcase it. Y's Croaky has Battle Bond so I could see Sun getting Dusk Lycanroc.

How will the Adventures canon even EXPLAIN Battle Bond, though? Because if they cop out of it with the easy "sudden mutation" explanation, then Ash-Greninja's copout status is all but confirmed. Well, it only adds on to the copout status the anime saddled it with, but nevertheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.