• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
I'm like.... extremely disappointed right now. We had to wait like 2 months for this? 12 pages! And nothing major happens.

*sigh* Do we know when is the next chapter?

September 22nd, apparently.

Sigh... another whole month of waiting... this arc might really only finish once Gen 8 rolls around....

Moni_22

Sigh... another whole month of waiting... this arc might really only finish once Gen 8 rolls around....

.... Wow. I just don't understand why. Why did we have to wait almost 2 months for 12 pages? And I swear if next chapter is also 12 pages I will scream... When I finally hyped for this arc again they just have to ruin with this terrible pace.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
.... Wow. I just don't understand why. Why did we have to wait almost 2 months for 12 pages? And I swear if next chapter is also 12 pages I will scream... When I finally hyped for this arc again they just have to ruin with this terrible pace.

The website states that this is indeed only the first half of a chapter, so the second half will probably be what will be released next month.

I also realized that September 22 is a Friday, so considering what happened with this month's chapter (it was announced to be released on the 25th but it was actually on the 29th), I bet the real release date is on September 26.

e9310103838

Benga also is Trainers' School student, but he seems to be in suspension.

Marlon is already a gym leader.

Lack-two seems to be fired by the International Police. :637:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
The writers just never fail to disappoint when it comes to B2W2 (sigh).

A brief summary of this first half of Ch. 17:
Cheren, Roxie and the students wake up inside the Marine Tube. Apparently, they were moved there by Benga and Marlon. Benga was revealed to be a student of Class E who was suspended from school since Day 1, since he picked a fight with his classmates (Lacktwo, Hugh and Leo). He ended up spending time training under Marlon during this time, and when he was supposed to resume school, he found that everyone has gone off to Castelia and thus followed their footstep, only to witness how Castelia was frozen by the Frigate. Benga was trying to warm everyone up by lighting up some wood with his Volcarona, but it ended up nearly spreading a big fire and Marlon had to put it out with his Jellicent.

Marlon (he is already officially the Humilau Gymleader here) recognized Cheren, and explained that Striaton and Nacrene have also been frozen, with the Frigate coming to Undella next. They decided to use the Marine Tube as a safety zone for people to take shelter in, while they would devise a plan to fight back. Marlon mentioned that he has been contacting other Gymleaders but only Iris has responded so far. A Zorua-disguised Whi-two brought blankets with the two Plasma girls to the students, and the students gossip about Whi-two's identity, though choosing not to believe what Hugh said at the moment. Benga explained Whi-two's mutism as PTSD (a la Sapphire in ORAS). While Marlon and Roxie were ready to fight, Cheren seemed more concern to find his missing students.

Meanwhile, Looker went in search of the Magician in Aspertia, but the Magician appeared to have packed and he revealed the shocking news that Lack-two has been fired by the International Police force...

==============================

Indeed, the site lists the next update as 22 Sep, which is presumably the second half of this chapter. Now comes the never-ending question of what exactly have the writers been working on these few weeks with all major projects (PKSPedia, Vol 53) already out of their way. I guess by labelling Vol. 54 as the finishing volume, they should pretty much have a good idea of what the remaining chapters hold?

Honestly, this isn't even funny anymore. And I sometimes wonder if the writers get any repercussion for turning up work late over and over again on Webry? Isn't Webry paying them or something? I don't really know how these online manga sites work or profit, so.

Coronis~

Last edited:

iml908

Honestly, the B2W2 finale better be the best damn thing that's come out of the manga. We've waited four years for this, and we've only barely reached the climax.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Honestly, the B2W2 finale better be the best damn thing that's come out of the manga. We've waited four years for this, and we've only barely reached the climax.

We've waited so long that anything short of amazing (i.e. continuity for me) is going to probably make me stop reading unless SM is incredible or DP remakes come out (although watch those totally get pushed to the side and ruin the original DPPt arc for me)

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

Hmm... Maybe not. They said that Vol 54 is the last B2W2 chapter. Now I wonder when Vol 54 coming out despite of so much delays? Guess we wait another 3 years before XY came out on a proper volumes.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Finally Benga appeared. Marlon too. I was wondering if they would even appear besides a small cameo at the end.

Assuming Vol has anywhere between 7-10 chapters, then i'm sure we will at least get it this time next year. I seriously doubt they'll keep up with half a round each month.

I don't understand why Kusaka doesn't just labels this chapter as "Chapter 17" and the next part as "18". We've had 12 page-chapters before and the last page works as a cliffhanger, but whatever floats his boat.

Last edited:

BlackButterfree

And here I was with an "it's been three thousand years" meme ready :( Oh well, I guess a Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" meme will have to do lol.

But seriously, have they announced that it's now coming out on the 29th or is that just speculation because that was an earlier announced release date?

Sorry, slightly off-topic. But SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVEN, they brought back Misty and Brock?! It's been so long!...So long.

The writers just never fail to disappoint when it comes to B2W2 (sigh).

A brief summary of this first half of Ch. 17:
Cheren, Roxie and the students wake up inside the Marine Tube. Apparently, they were moved there by Benga and Marlon. Benga was revealed to be a student of Class E who was suspended from school since Day 1, since he picked a fight with his classmates (Lacktwo, Hugh and Leo). He ended up spending time training under Marlon during this time, and when he was supposed to resume school, he found that everyone has gone off to Castelia and thus followed their footstep, only to witness how Castelia was frozen by the Frigate. Benga was trying to warm everyone up by lighting up some wood with his Volcarona, but it ended up nearly spreading a big fire and Marlon had to put it out with his Jellicent.

Marlon (he is already officially the Humilau Gymleader here) recognized Cheren, and explained that Striaton and Nacrene have also been frozen, with the Frigate coming to Undella next. They decided to use the Marine Tube as a safety zone for people to take shelter in, while they would devise a plan to fight back. Marlon mentioned that he has been contacting other Gymleaders but only Iris has responded so far. A Zorua-disguised Whi-two brought blankets with the two Plasma girls to the students, and the students gossip about Whi-two's identity, though choosing not to believe what Hugh said at the moment. Benga explained Whi-two's mutism as PTSD (a la Sapphire in ORAS). While Marlon and Roxie were ready to fight, Cheren seemed more concern to find his missing students.

Meanwhile, Looker went in search of the Magician in Aspertia, but the Magician appeared to have packed and he revealed the shocking news that Lack-two has been fired by the International Police force...

==============================

Indeed, the site lists the next update as 22 Sep, which is presumably the second half of this chapter. Now comes the never-ending question of what exactly have the writers been working on these few weeks with all major projects (PKSPedia, Vol 53) already out of their way. I guess by labelling Vol. 54 as the finishing volume, they should pretty much have a good idea of what the remaining chapters hold?

Honestly, this isn't even funny anymore. And I sometimes wonder if the writers get any repercussion for turning up work late over and over again on Webry? Isn't Webry paying them or something? I don't really know how these online manga sites work or profit, so.

Coronis~

Ooh, I like the twist of Plasma freezing everywhere instead of just the dragon city. But wasn't Iris champion in B2W2? Why is she still only a gym leader here?

lolipiece

Staff member
Sorry, slightly off-topic. But SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVEN, they brought back Misty and Brock?! It's been so long!...So long.

Being happy for Misty and Brock's return is fine, but please, keep it in the proper section.

Ooh, I like the twist of Plasma freezing everywhere instead of just the dragon city. But wasn't Iris champion in B2W2? Why is she still only a gym leader here?

Still? She only just became a Gym Leader in B2W2.

And there's always the possibility she could challenge the League again in the future.

diakyu

We've waited so long that anything short of amazing (i.e. continuity for me) is going to probably make me stop reading unless SM is incredible or DP remakes come out
How can you say things like this when we just had XY with Blue and ORAS as a whole? It's pretty clear BW2 got screwed over pretty badly and if you ask me I don't care for overall continuity as long as it does justice by BW. Unlike the anime, this series bends over backwards for its continuity to the point where it's almost unnecessary. The series has moved on long ago from BW2. It's time this finished and these character got the closure they deserve (mostly Black and White tho).

13_luckynumber

With that new info regarding another Pokemon fusion happening, i can't help thinking that it kinda explains why the writers are delaying featuring the first Pokemon fusion in their manga for a really unreasonable amount of time?!? and to another extent, what to do with Colress at the end of BW2 considering that his cameo in SM just got a lot less than just a cameo.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
With that new info regarding another Pokemon fusion happening, i can't help thinking that it kinda explains why the writers are delaying featuring the first Pokemon fusion in their manga for a really unreasonable amount of time?!? and to another extent, what to do with Colress at the end of BW2 considering that his cameo in SM just got a lot less than just a cameo.

That makes absolutely no sense.

We're on volume 53. By the time SM gets collected, we'll be in the mid-sixties.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
How can you say things like this when we just had XY with Blue and ORAS as a whole? It's pretty clear BW2 got screwed over pretty badly and if you ask me I don't care for overall continuity as long as it does justice by BW. Unlike the anime, this series bends over backwards for its continuity to the point where it's almost unnecessary. The series has moved on long ago from BW2. It's time this finished and these character got the closure they deserve (mostly Black and White tho).

As I mentioned above, B2W2 is probably setting up Looker's appearance with Anabel as his superior in the SM chapter, so it at least has continuity moving forward in that way. Granted, there's no way they're showing anything with the Ultra Wormhole in B2W2, but Blake's dismissal from the International Police definitely seems to be leading in that general direction.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm super behind in BW2 stuff, it's just so old now. But I was just wondering. Has Sird every popped up again since Platinum? I just was randomly thinking of PokeSpecial and I remembered that character for some weird reason. What ever happened to her?

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Disregarding the flashback to the end of RS in ORAS, she has not been seen or mentioned. According to the timeline, her latest whereabouts would be fleeing from the Spear Pillar, or releasing Darkrai into the distortion world, whichever happened last.

Sometimes I do wonder if her significance has been exaggerated by the fandom (including myself), as the writers may have just treated her as another normal villain who fled the scene, much like the original Shelly and Matt, or even Agatha.

Coronis~

Status
Not open for further replies.