• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky3

I'd imagine he'd want to set up hints setting up for both the XY and SM arcs. The International Police is the most obvious but perfect way to setup SM where Looker says he got a new mission to go to the Alola region whereas for XY... hmm... okay I got nothing for XY. That story arc is like it's own contained story. Yours make the most sense at this point. Can't think of any links between Gen 5 and Gen 6 as the Interpol never visited Kalos.
Last scene we cut to X watching TV in his room and he's watching Foongus Girl.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Last scene we cut to X watching TV in his room and he's watching Foongus Girl.
I mean like something that hints to a larger story in the coming future. Like the Elite Four's first appearance in RGB or Blue mentioning her friend from the Johto region in GSC or Deoxys heading to the Sinnoh region or how Looker mentions that he has a new mission to investigate a group called the Seven Sages or how Sycamore informs Blaine and Green (Rival) of Zygarde's relation to the Alola region.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I mean like something that hints to a larger story in the coming future. Like the Elite Four's first appearance in RGB or Blue mentioning her friend from the Johto region in GSC or Deoxys heading to the Sinnoh region or how Looker mentions that he has a new mission to investigate a group called the Seven Sages or how Sycamore informs Blaine and Green (Rival) of Zygarde's relation to the Alola region.
Deoxys heading to Sinnoh (Was it really Sinnoh?) led to pretty much nothing. I'm still waiting for ORAS to delve on that.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
On another topic: we have 167 pages of volume 54. Next month release should complete it and most likely it' ll get released before the end of the year. (Most likely December)

shoz999

Finally read both chapters. I was geeking out over Zygarde vs. Necrozma. It was a short glimpse but still awesome. Also BW2, I like where things are going. I freaking love Youngster Leo, he's awesome and it never really occurred to me what Colress and N's relationship could be in the games because that's never really been explored. Guess they are exploring in the manga so that should be interesting since they think very differently. On another note, Champion Iris sure looks older and yet still as young and energetic as her usual self. AH MAN! I don't know what to be more excited for!

The possible final battle at Mt. Lanakila or the possible final battle at the Giant Chasm! I know both are just going to be great!

Lucky3

Funny it's been 'let's show all this stuff from the games' time in both arcs this month. It's nice seeing such a big update in Coronis' list.

But yeah, I'm starting to wonder if BW2 is really gonna end in 54 with this pacing. Unless they make it a really thick volume.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Why... did they not give Gladion a Dusk Form Lycanroc? Would be the perfect time to showcase it... now it'll probably be a one panel cameo at the end, or some kind of illusionary image when someone's talking about Lycanroc forms

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Given how special Dusk Lycanroc is, it'd be much less random for him to have a regular one.

TotallyNotCrt

I was asked to translate stuff from Kusaka's twitter in 2011 regarding the artist switch period from Mato to Satoshi Yamamoto.

Tweets start around this date: https://twitter.com/k_hidenori_/status/38997365109030912

As sure as everyone knows, around the end of 2000, The first artist, Ms. Mato-sensei, who I created the work "Pocket Monster SPECIAL" with, got ill* (her body was not in good shape).

I'm no doctor, but it looked like to me that she was exhausted. There was a proposal from her to "step down from illustrating," and around the end of the fiscal year, there was a decision made to accept that proposal. [...] Of course, there were various conflicts among various people before this decision was made. [...] However, near the end of the year 2000, Mato-sensei's inevitable departure was decided, I think that the reaction that I was overwhelmed myself came in no small numbers to me. "Do I end this work? Or do I continue it? Do I need a new artist...? What are you looking for as they're illustrating? Do you have them draw a completely new Pokemon manga or do you have them continue [where Mato-sensei left off]?" Tons of people have said a lot of things, and as I responded to each one, I felt oddly composed.

[...] I was only concerned about the readers. [...] When I picked up a magazine that I'm looking forward to and it doesn't have the manga that I wanted, I thought about the [reader's] face... and I felt like I was wandering in darkness.

"Why did this happen?" When I thought of that, something suddenly came out, tears and tears came out. I was at the editorial departments, in front of my peers, but the tears never stopped, and I was crying for a long time along with the sun rising.

As I wrote in the beginning, "the person who draws the art of my favorite work is changing" must've been a big incident for the reader. Surely there must've been people who'd stop purchasing the magazines saying "I'm not going to read anymore." That was okay with me. [...]

It wasn't unreasonable that everyone started to make a ruckus. Protests came from many readers. For years. People who were angry that the art has changed, there were those who were angry from a lack of explanation. It was various. At the time, I was afraid to open letters from readers. But I read them all carefully. Even the readers were hurt.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Do we have an estimate release date for the next B2W2 round? Is it September 27th?

Macromind101

Anyone have any idea when volume 54 will be released?

That being said, the previous record for longest time in between volume releases (39-40 I think?) is absolutely shattered....

e9310103838

Anyone have any idea when volume 54 will be released?

That being said, the previous record for longest time in between volume releases (39-40 I think?) is absolutely shattered....

It's volume 52 - 53, two and a half years. Volume 54 only needs to be released at the end of the year then will not break the record. ;)

shoz999

So a guy made a thread about Curtis and Yancy from the Gen 5's game section and it just hit me. We saw Yancy but not Curtis which is kind of weird if you think about it. They look like great additions to Aspertia's Trainer School. I wonder if we'll see Curtis too, maybe performing on the stage alongside Yancy in a little cameo.

TotallyNotCrt

So a guy made a thread about Curtis and Yancy from the Gen 5's game section and it just hit me. We saw Yancy but not Curtis which is kind of weird if you think about it. They look like great additions to Aspertia's Trainer School. I wonder if we'll see Curtis too, maybe performing on the stage alongside Yancy in a little cameo.
There was a Black Team Plasma grunt that was suspiciously a look-alike to Curtis.

Status
Not open for further replies.