• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
August 30th. Only a couple of days to go.

===============================================================

Yamamoto just tweeted that the Round was updated.
Since the only way to read the chapter it's trough the app, it might take a while to get info. I hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, Sunday Webry has now became Japan-only?

Isn't it the saddest day in PokeSpe's history since the Shogakukan "Grade" magazines were discontinued?

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Well technically the magazines are for Japan only too. We're just gonna have to wait a lil' bit longer.

The chapter ends with Iris and Alder entering the fight. Obviously the B2W2 won't end in the next couple of months, so i wonder how much story we really got left. There's no way it's ending on Volume 54.

volcanionmaster123

Obviously the B2W2 won't end in the next couple of months, so i wonder how much story we really got left. There's no way it's ending on Volume 54.

If my math's correct, they have about 3 chapters left in Vol 54. If they decided to really end things in this vol, it would take at least 6 months because of them releasing half-chapters. It also depends on how many chapters they want to include in Vol 54. I believe it's usually 7-9 per volume. Like I said, they have about 3 chapters left (give or take 1) to finish up Vol 54 but the story's been moving slower than I thought so I'm starting to wonder if we really will be seeing B2W2 continue for Vol 55. And if Vol 55 is indeed including B2W2, to what extent then? A few rounds, or is the entire volume dedicated to it?

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
If my math's correct, they have about 3 chapters left in Vol 54. If they decided to really end things in this vol, it would take at least 6 months because of them releasing half-chapters. It also depends on how many chapters they want to include in Vol 54. I believe it's usually 7-9 per volume. Like I said, they have about 3 chapters left (give or take 1) to finish up Vol 54 but the story's been moving slower than I thought so I'm starting to wonder if we really will be seeing B2W2 continue for Vol 55. And if Vol 55 is indeed including B2W2, to what extent then? A few rounds, or is the entire volume dedicated to it?

Excluding today's release we have 146 pages of volume content. Usually volumes are around 200 pages long, and they dedicate some of those pages to additional info (For B2W2 we have info on Trainer's School courses and Dex holders or other characters profiles, not to mention the usual volume ending pages like next volume preview or other stuff like that)

So yeah, most likely B2W2 will extend to Volume 55, i don't think it will be the whole volume though.

volcanionmaster123

Excluding today's release we have 146 pages of volume content. Usually volumes are around 200 pages long, and they dedicate some of those pages to additional info (For B2W2 we have info on Trainer's School courses and Dex holders or other characters profiles, not to mention the usual volume ending pages like next volume preview or other stuff like that)

So yeah, most likely B2W2 will extend to Volume 55, i don't think it will be the whole volume though.

If that’s the case, then there’s almost no way B2W2’s finishing in vol 54. Counting today’s half chapter (I’m assuming it’s about 17 pages), we’re at about 160-ish pages. They can only fit at most 1 more round.

volcanionmaster123

Oh yea does anyone on here know what the newest B2W2 chapter’s even about? Ik most don’t have access to it due to region-lock but I thought it would’ve leaked at some point. We only have the last 2 pages so far

Mejiro-kun

Hey there ! Been a while since I last posted here but I thought I might as well share what I've read for the new B2W2 chapter since it's now a bit complicated to access the new app. FYI, there are Android/Apple apps out there that should allow you to install the Sunday Web Every app even if you're not japanese. I won't share it because I'm not sure it's 100% in line with this forum's policies but... Yeah, it's out there and it worked for me, despite me being pretty stupid with technology ! Unfortunately, it doesn't allow screen capture so I can't share any new picture with you for now. Also, I'm a french guy who can't read japanese at all but I'll try to share what I grasped of the plot with you all :

The chapter begins with Hugh fighting off Team Plasma back at the Trainers' School. We get to see him fight a Klang amongst other Pokemon before being rescued by Rood, who has successfully retrieved the memory card. Meanwhile, back at the PWT construction site, Elesa learns from Leo ad Hugh's sister how they both escaped Team Plasma's attack on Castelia City by going underground just in time (I think Hugh's sister was attracted by her brother's voice coming from the sewers and tried to reach him with Leo on her tail right before the ice attack went off, sheltering them, but, again, it's hard to tell with no notion of japanese whatsoever). There is a sweet moment where Elesa lends her big coat to the little girl to protect her from the cold before we get to see Looker suddenly rushing into the scene, seemingly about to get crushed by a landing airplane which actually was where Elesa came from earlier from what I gathered. It turns out to have been piloted by Skyla this whole time (who still likes to threaten people's life as casually as possible it seems). They all gather near the area where Lack-Two's Pokémon have been defeated (his Dewott, Kabutops and Gliscor) and Leo recognizes Looker from the Pokemon League (I think) before getting a call on his XTransceiver (hidden within his Poké Maniac overalls ; nice) from Hugh, who is now in Rood's Team Plasma Safehouse at Driftveil City alongside a few original Plasma Grunts (including Whi-Two's mum, back in her uniform), busy analysing the data recovered from the retrieved memory card. I think they found something out but, again, can't read japanese. Saw the number 5 in there though. Meanwhile, we go back to the Plasma Frigate where Colress seems a bit bored. He uses a teleporter to go to a chamber where N (unconscious) is revealed to be held captive, before going back to the control room and noticing that the Musketeer trio is following their trail on land. Keldeo, alongside them, notices the Shadow Triad on top of the ship and his masters get ready to fight while said Triad send out the Forces of Nature in their Therian Forms. We then go to another location which appears to be a frozen version of the White Forest where Iris, along with Alder and Gorm, forces their way through (a.k.a. the few pages we all got to see).

Okay, that's all I was able to grasp ! I hope what I wrote was somewhat intelligible and was able to quench your thirst for more Pokespe at least a little bit. I like how the plot is moving along. With Iris and Elesa, I think we got to see every major B2W2 characters in their new outfits and we can add Klang to the list of Pokémon from Gen 5 that were shown.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Hey there ! Been a while since I last posted here but I thought I might as well share what I've read for the new B2W2 chapter since it's now a bit complicated to access the new app. FYI, there are Android/Apple apps out there that should allow you to install the Sunday Web Every app even if you're not japanese. I won't share it because I'm not sure it's 100% in line with this forum's policies but... Yeah, it's out there and it worked for me, despite me being pretty stupid with technology ! Unfortunately, it doesn't allow screen capture so I can't share any new picture with you for now. Also, I'm a french guy who can't read japanese at all but I'll try to share what I grasped of the plot with you all :

The chapter begins with Hugh fighting off Team Plasma back at the Trainers' School. We get to see him fight a Klang amongst other Pokemon before being rescued by Rood, who has successfully retrieved the memory card. Meanwhile, back at the PWT construction site, Elesa learns from Leo ad Hugh's sister how they both escaped Team Plasma's attack on Castelia City by going underground just in time (I think Hugh's sister was attracted by her brother's voice coming from the sewers and tried to reach him with Leo on her tail right before the ice attack went off, sheltering them, but, again, it's hard to tell with no notion of japanese whatsoever). There is a sweet moment where Elesa lends her big coat to the little girl to protect her from the cold before we get to see Looker suddenly rushing into the scene, seemingly about to get crushed by a landing airplane which actually was where Elesa came from earlier from what I gathered. It turns out to have been piloted by Skyla this whole time (who still likes to threaten people's life as casually as possible it seems). They all gather near the area where Lack-Two's Pokémon have been defeated (his Dewott, Kabutops and Gliscor) and Leo recognizes Looker from the Pokemon League (I think) before getting a call on his XTransceiver (hidden within his Poké Maniac overalls ; nice) from Hugh, who is now in Rood's Team Plasma Safehouse at Driftveil City alongside a few original Plasma Grunts (including Whi-Two's mum, back in her uniform), busy analysing the data recovered from the retrieved memory card. I think they found something out but, again, can't read japanese. Saw the number 5 in there though. Meanwhile, we go back to the Plasma Frigate where Colress seems a bit bored. He uses a teleporter to go to a chamber where N (unconscious) is revealed to be held captive, before going back to the control room and noticing that the Musketeer trio is following their trail on land. Keldeo, alongside them, notices the Shadow Triad on top of the ship and his masters get ready to fight while said Triad send out the Forces of Nature in their Therian Forms. We then go to another location which appears to be a frozen version of the White Forest where Iris, along with Alder and Gorm, forces their way through (a.k.a. the few pages we all got to see).

Okay, that's all I was able to grasp ! I hope what I wrote was somewhat intelligible and was able to quench your thirst for more Pokespe at least a little bit. I like how the plot is moving along. With Iris and Elesa, I think we got to see every major B2W2 characters in their new outfits and we can add Klang to the list of Pokémon from Gen 5 that were shown.
Many thanks for sharing this!
Do we know what Pokemon is Hugh using?
I hope we will get Dewott Evolution soon:)

Mejiro-kun

Happy to help :p ! Hugh used his usual team : Pidove, Eelektross and Vibrava. The grunts had a Klang, an Audino, a Whirlipede and a Cryogonal at first. I think they used a few new moves too. Whirlipede uses Steamroller first, Klang uses Protect (not new but hey), Pidove uses Bestow, a Sawk sent afterwards uses Low Kick, and a Throh uses Circle Throw... Then Rood's Chandelure uses Inferno and I think that's it (roughly translated from katakana and hiragana with the help of Google and Bulbapedia but this should be correct).

e9310103838

Ghetsis suspects that Colress MCHN does not completely control Kyurem because itself decided to go to Giant Chasm. This makes Colress very annoyed. He also revealed that he is interested in N because he can communicate with Pokemon. :cool:

And Hugh's sister said that she doesn't know if those who are frozen still have hope...

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Kusaka is still trying to fit all Gen V attacks!? I thought he abandoned that...more power to him.

Yup. After reading the summary, there is no way this is ending in the next couple of months. Volume 55 here we go. (I love that)

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I went back to an old thread. I remembered i made a list about what we were still missing:

• White Kyurem and Ice Burn (We know it's coming)
  • Resolute forme Keldeo (So is this)
  • Black and White meeting with Blake and Whitley - Checked
  • Rood returning the memory card - This kinda happened on this round, so....checked?
  • Gorm appearing - Checked
  • Hugh's sister getting her Purrloin back (I hope it's still a Purrloin here and yet to happen)
  • Alder returning from wherever he is at - Checked
  • Iris in her champion attire (and Elesa too) - Checked and checked
  • E4 returning along gym leaders. (Just a matter of time)
  • Several moves yet to be showcased (although at this point who knows if Kusaka still plans to do this...and he is!!!)
  • Cynthia appearance? (She seemed interested in Unova back in the Platinum chapter...so cameo maybe a la HGSS?) - Not yet and perhaps wont happen
  • Whitley full team? - Most likely wont happen.

So yeah, we're on track. I used to think that Kusaka was ending the B2W2 chapter on October, so November could debut SWSH alongside CoroCoro.
Who knows at this point. Maybe the true ending will be volume only like several other chapters before...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I wouldn't mind that. We've waited this long for B2W2 to end, so what's a few more months to make sure it's at least a properly climatic one?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I went back to an old thread. I remembered i made a list about what we were still missing:

• White Kyurem and Ice Burn (We know it's coming)
  • Resolute forme Keldeo (So is this)
  • Black and White meeting with Blake and Whitley - Checked
  • Rood returning the memory card - This kinda happened on this round, so....checked?
  • Gorm appearing - Checked
  • Hugh's sister getting her Purrloin back (I hope it's still a Purrloin here and yet to happen)
  • Alder returning from wherever he is at - Checked
  • Iris in her champion attire (and Elesa too) - Checked and checked
  • E4 returning along gym leaders. (Just a matter of time)
  • Several moves yet to be showcased (although at this point who knows if Kusaka still plans to do this...and he is!!!)
  • Cynthia appearance? (She seemed interested in Unova back in the Platinum chapter...so cameo maybe a la HGSS?) - Not yet and perhaps wont happen
  • Whitley full team? - Most likely wont happen.

So yeah, we're on track. I used to think that Kusaka was ending the B2W2 chapter on October, so November could debut SWSH alongside CoroCoro.
Who knows at this point. Maybe the true ending will be volume only like several other chapters before...
Still expecting Whitley to get White's Tepig & N's Zorua at the last minute which immediately bumps Whitley's team from 2 to 4. Outside of that, there's nothing else that really comes to mind on being Whitley's team.

e9310103838

I think a move may not be shown - Psystrike. It can wait until XY to show. Although it may still shown through some way in B2W2. ;)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
A recurring thing Kusaka likes doing is using the last few pages of an arc to set up the next one.

Maybe the final pages of B2W2 show Mewtwo using Psystrike for insert-reason-here, setting up its involvement in XY.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
A recurring thing Kusaka likes doing is using the last few pages of an arc to set up the next one.

Maybe the final pages of B2W2 show Mewtwo using Psystrike for insert-reason-here, setting up its involvement in XY.
I'd imagine he'd want to set up hints setting up for both the XY and SM arcs. The International Police is the most obvious but perfect way to setup SM where Looker says he got a new mission to go to the Alola region whereas for XY... hmm... okay I got nothing for XY. That story arc is like it's own contained story. Yours make the most sense at this point. Can't think of any links between Gen 5 and Gen 6 as the Interpol never visited Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.