1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice
  1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Active Member

In the international copies of Crystal version the Day Care Man would give you the Odd Egg which had a 14% chance of hatching into a shiny Pokemon. The egg would either hatch into Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Cleffa, Tyrogue, Igglybuff or Pichu. The Pokemon would also know Dizzy Punch. Did you obtain the Odd Egg? Were you ever able to hatch a shiny from this specific egg?

Leonhart likes this.
  2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I remember hatching a shiny Tyrogue in one playthrough (later, it evolved into a Hitmonchan), as well as a regularly coloured Cleffa. I wish they kept the Odd Egg in HeartGold/SoulSilver, though.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I hatched Muchul (Smoochum) from my egg in my latest playthrough of Crystal version. I wasn't interested in hatching a Shiny out of the egg however since I no longer collect Shinies. I think that out of all the Crystal version additions, the Odd Egg was one of the more redundant freebies.

4. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I always mistake the Odd Egg for the Mystery Egg that had Togepi lol. I hatched Elekid from my Odd Egg in Crystal but it wasn't shiny. I think that my sister hatched a shiny Magby from her egg though.