• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Odd Egg

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
In the international copies of Crystal version the Day Care Man would give you the Odd Egg which had a 14% chance of hatching into a shiny Pokemon. The egg would either hatch into Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Cleffa, Tyrogue, Igglybuff or Pichu. The Pokemon would also know Dizzy Punch. Did you obtain the Odd Egg? Were you ever able to hatch a shiny from this specific egg?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hatched Muchul (Smoochum) from my egg in my latest playthrough of Crystal version. I wasn't interested in hatching a Shiny out of the egg however since I no longer collect Shinies. I think that out of all the Crystal version additions, the Odd Egg was one of the more redundant freebies.

MockingJ

Banned
I always mistake the Odd Egg for the Mystery Egg that had Togepi lol. I hatched Elekid from my Odd Egg in Crystal but it wasn't shiny. I think that my sister hatched a shiny Magby from her egg though.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I hatched a Shiny Pichu and transferred her to my US game. I’m pleased with what I got.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I kept going until I would fine a shiny Pichu for my Electric type. I ended up settling for the shiny Tyrogue. Shiny Hitmonchan could not take advantage of its elemental punching moves in Gen 2, but there weren't many Fighting types to pick for my team and Dizzy Punch helped in a pinch. Also, Gen II Hitmonchan has a great shiny sprite