• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Take Leaf Blade as an example, he literally no longer has those long elbow-leaves, so his technique will have to be totally redesigned due to his newfound power. Although, I reckon the two elbow leaves will glow with a green-white aura, forming a new mega leaf blade of pure energy.

And no offence or anything, but I think all you anti-Sceptile people are bloody weird. It’s awesome in every way in my opinion.

Either way, spectacular news, and I’ll actually bother to check out the episode pictures for one of the first times since the league.

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Yay Sceptile.

Hm, though it was a pretty sure thing it was gonna evolve. Generally in history, trainers' starters always get to the third stage. Treecko was Satoshi's "Starter" for Hoenn. (May's hasn't evolved because she's a co-ordinator, I suppose.)

Eh, though that's a pretty baseless fact.

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
AWESOME!! Grovyle evolved!! Now I get to see lots of my favorite pokemon. As for Sceptile not remembering attacks, I find it shocking, but hey, it's a interesting twist on evolution.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Apparantly it was mental anguish from being rejected.
At first I thought W T F but, now that I think about it kinda sounds like Sceptile. He always tries to succeed in everything he does and knowing that he failed and that he recently evolved it seems more likely than I thought that its because of mental damage. It's also something on the more original side for the writers.

WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grovyle evolved into Sceptile. I can hardly wait for the pics.
And then a much longer wait for an avatar!
Hmm....
Can't attack, you say? Apparently he was entirely disoriented by his evolution. Maybe he's unfamiliar with his newfound power.
It's possible Ash will be training with Sceptile during May's contest. He's done it before with Swellow.

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
It's about time his Pokemon are evolving now we just need to wait for Corphish and if you look at his profile picture you can tell he's using Bullet Seed followed up with Leaf Blade.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
The pic in his profile pic is of Tetsuya's Sceptile. I imagine when the episode pics are posted, Serebii will use one of those for the profile.

N

nameless

Can't attack, you say? Apparently he was entirely disoriented by his evolution. Maybe he's unfamiliar with his newfound power.
It's possible Ash will be training with Sceptile during May's contest. He's done it before with Swellow.

Form what I got, Joy said that it's due to the mental damage Sceptile suffered from his failure in love and disoriented by the evolution.

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
jolteonjak said:
The pic in his profile pic is of Tetsuya's Sceptile. I imagine when the episode pics are posted, Serebii will use one of those for the profile.

Oh that's why there was no twig in his mouth.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Form what I got, Joy said that it's due to the mental damage Sceptile suffered from his failure in love and disoriented by the evolution.
thats what zorajolteon said as well.
I doubt it since its mentioned in the summary of dawn of revival episode that Sceptile still has the same problems.
Unless it dumped it's twig ;_;
It better not thats his signature thing to distinguish him from the others.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
So I have to wait another 2 weeks to see if the writers are stupid enough to turn ol' Grovey into a boring stereotypical monster pokémon with beam attacks?
At the edge of my seat? Damn right.

As for the twig, I'm expecting that he either dumps it in favour of a new one or tears the flower off. Either way, he'll be getting rid of a reminder of his failure.

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Maybe it used up all its energy in its battle with Tropius and cant battle with its lack of energy?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
So I have to wait another 2 weeks to see if the writers are stupid enough to turn ol' Grovey into a boring stereotypical monster pokémon with beam attacks?
At the edge of my seat? Damn right.
Scepty. It would be nice to see Sceptile with a new arsenal of moves but, it better not have solar beam and I hope Ash reteaches it leaf blade. Although what this does make me wonder is if Ash will cure him. I'm sure it will just be by training and battling Brock, May and filler characters but, then again maybe sceptile has to fall in love with somoene who doesnt reject him to cure his mental disease.
Maybe it used up all its energy in its battle with Tropius and cant battle with its lack of energy?
We've got two people who can translate the pokeani forums and have confirmed that it is due to Meganium's rejection.

Last edited:
Aw, poor Sceptile. Bayleef it is not.;) ...But I'm sad this is Grovyle's last appearance, I really love him.:( But I really hope it learns Dragon Claw in 'Dawn of Revival!'...it seems like a great move for it.

BTW, why did the Meganium reject Sceptile? A Venusaur boyfriend?:p

N

nameless

It was probably having an affair with Tropius, something went wrong prior to the episode so they broke up.

That or after it got it's butt handed to it Megs felt sorry for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Let me get this straight, Grovyle is suffering brain damage because he got dumped by Meganium. That's it, the writers were on crack writing this episode.

I think Leaf Blade/Crunch/Dragon Claw would be great for Sceptile. He's the best in your face pokemon on the gangs team and I want him to stay that way. I agree with Gravy, it would suck if Ash turned him into another long range battery.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
CyberCubed said:
If it loses Leaf Blade for good I will be sad. :(

if it does lose Leaf Blade..i shell be sad too...

but i'm shocked that it actually does evolve, after all the time i said it wouldn't in this ep...

oh well, i guess i have to say it won't with out thinking it would...and IT WILL EVOLVE...FOR REAL :p...wow that's funny

well, i'm wondering if it evolve during it's battle with Tropius or someone else?

PDL

disenchanted
Jo-Jo said:
Awwwww, Sceptile. Got his balls stomped on by love. Poor dear.

which ones? the ones now on his back or the other ones?