• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Odd Pokemon Captures...

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
Here's mine..

I was battling a Rayquaza...

Wild RAYQUAZA appeared!
GREGORY used the Pokeball!
Shoot! It was so close!
Rayquaza flew up high!
GREGORY used the Pokeball!
*moves*
*moves*
*moves*
CLICK!
Gotcha! RAYQUAZA was caught!
Give a nickname to the captured RAYQUAZA(or something like this...it wasn't registered into the PokeDex since it was there already... :))

Puzzling since RAYQUAZA was up high and nothing entered into the Pokéball...

Oh and I caught Latios with a Premier Ball(=Pokeball right?)...,too....

Do you have any Pokeball stories(not necessarily Pokeballs only)?
signed-
Gregory ;026;

Last edited:

Golduck

<<< Ursaring.
Used 5 Ultra Balls, 12 Great Balls, and 10292083429 Timer/Net/whatever Balls on a shiny Sableye, and didn't get it. >.<

Ludicolo von Nosepass

Do a Barrel roll!
In colloseum, i tried to catch the shadow Suicune:

Me: *Gets Suicune down to red and gives it a paralysis*

Suicune: *Uses surf a number of times while i get it down to red*

Me: *Throws Netball*

Suicune: *Escapes before the ball even wiggels*

Me: Damn it! *several netballs later i still havent catch it*

Suicune: *Continues using surf a number of times*

Me: *Runs out of netballs and begin using Ultraballs*

Suicune: *Breaks out of all of them*

Me: WTF? *Begins using Timer balls*

Suicune: *Almost catched, but breaks free at the last second*

Me: *Crying n desperation, throw my last timerball*

Suicune: *Escapes, uses Shadow rush. Suicune faints*

Me: *Lets loose a Vader scream* NOOOOO!! *Restarts from my last save*

*Battles Suicune again, get it down to red and paralysed. Throws a ultraball*

Suicune: Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. *Catched*

Me: o_O

Crazy, i know...

b3an0b0y

In colloseum, i tried to catch the shadow Suicune:

Me: *Gets Suicune down to red and gives it a paralysis*

Suicune: *Uses surf a number of times while i get it down to red*

Me: *Throws Netball*

Suicune: *Escapes before the ball even wiggels*

Me: Damn it! *several netballs later i still havent catch it*

Suicune: *Continues using surf a number of times*

Me: *Runs out of netballs and begin using Ultraballs*

Suicune: *Breaks out of all of them*

Me: WTF? *Begins using Timer balls*

Suicune: *Almost catched, but breaks free at the last second*

Me: *Crying n desperation, throw my last timerball*

Suicune: *Escapes, uses Shadow rush. Suicune faints*

Me: *Lets loose a Vader scream* NOOOOO!! *Restarts from my last save*

*Battles Suicune again, get it down to red and paralysed. Throws a ultraball*

Suicune: Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. *Catched*

Me: o_O

Crazy, i know...

Omg so unlucky...

Ryo242

Eating Pokemon...yum
Any time in the Safari Zone when I don't want to catch something and accidentally pick "Throw Ball", and always BLEEPing catch it..
Let's see, replay on Blue version. Caught two Chansey back to back using only one Ball and the Down+B Masterball trick <Which I always employ!>
Oh, one recent one. I fell asleep trying to catch a shiny Rayquaza <Soft restting of course...up to like 50ish...> and woke up to find Rayquaza asleep, and my Pokemon not even touched. I then caught it with no struggle, but since it wasn't shiny...I didn't save...extremely odd..

Jorah

What do I put here?
Used 5 Ultra Balls, 12 Great Balls, and 10292083429 Timer/Net/whatever Balls on a shiny Sableye, and didn't get it. >.<

Funny, I found a shiny Sableye and wasn't able to catch it with about 5 Pokeballs or 5 Great balls and my last one left was...a Diveball. And caught it.

So yeah, my oddest capture was catching a shiny Sableye with a Diveball.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Oddest.

Possibly when I caught a Ho-oh on my first try with a pokeball.

And when battling Agunomu I was using timeballs for an hour. Literally. Didn't even catch him. So many turns @_@

Nowt really odd.
Just the fact that I lost 50 Ultra Balls trying to catch a paralyzed Articuno with under 15hp left. They're crap, those things...
:mad:

M0rr0w1nd

I can't remember exactly which legendary, but i think it was Zapdos. Used like 99 ultra balls, escaped all of them. I had 1pokeball left and thought "oh what the hell!" used it and.... "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.... CONGRATULATIONS ZAPDOS WAS CAUGHT!" OMG or what?

MaskedManAbsolkid

In Sapphire, I got to Rayquaza, threw the first ball (a Net Ball) and caught it, full health. It took longer to catch a Sableye on the way there.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Latios with a Nest Ball and Suicune with a Pokeball back in Silver. But meh, there's loads of those stories.

One odd thing I did: I was battling Evice for the first time in my second XD save file (hadn't heard about the Masterball cheat btw) and he sent out Tyranitar. I thought "Oh screw this I can't be bothered to weaken it and catch it, I'll do it when I rematch him. I defeated Tyranitar, and only THEN did I realise I had my Master Ball. I was kicking myself for ages after xD

Gweedo

Skarmory Rider
I was in a big hurry to get to Lilycove in my Emerald. But I wanted to catch a Linoone on the way. I wasn't even paying attention and the first Linoone I run into is a shiny and I used my last pokeball to catch it. I didn't realize I just caught a shiny til I looked at it and was like 'When the hell did I get a SHINY Linoone?!?!'

Then it clicked.

R_N

In Red, I found Moltres.
I put it to sleep the first turn.
Second turn, I threw an Great Ball.
Caught it on the saem turn.

Didn't hit it once. Cept what ever sleep move I used.

The Wizard of LOZ

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
That new yellow psychic dude, throws 16 ultras, 12 quicks, 5 timers, 7 greats. no dice, throws pokeball, bing you caught it.

Caught a shiny Registeel.
Boy was I happy with that. Only took 10 Ultra Balls
Had about 50.

In one of my Sapphire plays, I caught Latias with my last PokeBall :D

suicune_dancer

I'm the Bogeyman!
When I found a shiny Paras in the Safari Zone and it got me from 30 pokeballs to 16 before I caught it =3

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
I threw an Ultra Ball at a Latias, and caught it. Wasn't even looking for it either! :3

Same thing for Rayquaza, except I used an Ice Beam, and he used Rest. So I caught it while it was asleep.