• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

O'er the Rampardos We Watched! (486)

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
I watched the episode, Onix used a second screech when pikachu came in for the second iron tail, and just suddenly learned teleport as there was no dodge made, and i call that moment cheap.
I just saw the episode. I think by the time Onix got off the screech attack Pikachu was already under its mouth and hit it with an iron tail. Onix can not hit a pokemon with Screech if the pokemon is right under its mouth. My japanese is very limited but Im sure throughout the match with Pikachu, Hyouta commented on its Speed. Besides Pikachu has more then enough power/experience to beat Onix the way it did. I really don't think the battle was cheap at all.

Aipom vs. Geodude was very good. Definitely the best battle a geodude was put in. Aipom will develop in quite the strong pokemon if Ash continues to train it and use it.

Naetoru vs. Rampurado was excellent. It was not an easy victory for Naetoru it had to work hard for it. It did heal itself alittle. Loved the part where Naetoru spun side ways and got under Rampurado and launched a razor leaf attack lifting the dyno into the air and then stopping to have it crash into the floor.

I thought the animation was good and the music was good also. Obviously not the best but they were good.

I rate this as the best 1st gym battle ever. Love Pikachu but it was good to see Naetoru walk away with the spotlight.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I like this episode, mostly because we got to see Ramparudo. Onix vs. Pikachu was good, as was Aipom vs. Geodude. Although from the screenshots it looks like Naetoru only used a single bite, then the only attack it used was Razor Leaf.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This episode completely changed my opinion of Rampard. I was never really fond of it's design from the get-go, and last week's episode didn't really help matters, what with the abysmal artwork and all. But having seen the thing in action, and being properly introduced to how it's body structure is suppossed to look, I've grown to like it. And I was happy that it's eyes didn't look like they'd just been pasted onto it's face this time!

See, that's one of the reasons I'm always going on about the animation :p

Also, the various different cries it had for each headbutt attack where pretty cool. Especially the deep "GuuuuWAAAAHHHH!" it let out when charging up Reminisant. And also that rolling 'Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl!" for Double~

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I like how Aipom is one of those pokemon whose been eased into battling and building slowly up through weaker opponents, not just kicking powerhouse arse off the bat like certain other pokemon. The little guy is certainly being handled well in my book.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
I loved the "pffuhh" noise Rampurado made after doing nothing and letting Aipom's Swift hit, it was like "That's just pathetic." XD
Yeah I loved that noise as well but the best noise in this episode was Jessie when she got punched in the stomache by Greggle. That had me going for like 5 minutes straight. lol

uber gon

Accept Change
I loved the "pffuhh" noise Rampurado made after doing nothing and letting Aipom's Swift hit, it was like "That's just pathetic." XD

Why couldn't the writers do that with ALL pokémon when an attack sucks on them?

R_N

I only just now realized that Greggle's strange ability to detect Brock's flirtations, TR scheming etc. must be an extension of its species' Danger Sense (whatever its called) ability.

Makes sence, never thought of that.

This was agreat episode.
Good, non screw job, match ups.
Greggle was awsome.
A good Onix & Geodude.
AIPOM!

On this episode of Pokemon Gone Moderately Wild!, Hikari & co dress as cheerleaders.
Go non-mayness!

Geodude

I wished Pikachu just used the Thunderbolt to break free of the rocks it was buried in/negate Onix's attack. Didn't really like the fact that the electric move hit the rock/ground-type, but this is the anime, so..
That was the point of it, yes, to break free and stop the Stealth Rock. The Thunderbolt only hit Onix because it was headed in that direction, and the damage was relatively brief. Much more emphasis was clearly made on the damage done by the Iron Tail attacks, so it can be assumed that the Thunderbolt was more of a surprise than actual damage, I guess.

I only just now realized that Greggle's strange ability to detect Brock's flirtations, TR scheming etc. must be an extension of its species' Danger Sense (whatever its called) ability.
"My spider-sense is tingling!"

Last edited:

Weav-vile

Totally!
Just watched the episode, and... I loved it! Guys, even the music was a win. For the first time in the D/P series history, a song actually was played. I mean, with the voice itself included, 'course :p

Gonna list the main points of it (the ones I liked most, actually):

. Hikari's cheerleader outfits, with Pochama am Mimiroru helping her to cheer Ash. And Mimiroru saying something (ya, how could I know what? =P) when Pikachu was almost defeated by Onix. There it is again, the greater Pokémon love ever! :rolleyes:

. The whole battle. Aw, I was all like "ZOMG" all the time! One of the best gym
battles of all time - and, for sure, the best of the first gym battle each region gains. Cry out loud, AG fans! ;D
Ok, I'm just kidding! ;x
But seriously, when Pikachu won Onix and stood in that position, when Naetoru fooled Rampard (which is awesome, BTW), when Aipom knocked Geodude out - when everything else happened, it already became epic. D/P is better keep this level in the gym, 'cause then they're gonna make it the best series ever!

. Ash's Pokémon imitating what Hikari's Pochama and Mimiroru did witth Aerodactyl. Some of you must say that spinning thing is childish, but I really like it! Specially when we learn it's not a win always, since Naetoru failed to escape Rampard's thorns.

. It's always good to see Hikari's daijoubu too... Sounds like a girl hin. OK, I'll shut up now about it. xD

. Naetoru. Say what you want, say Treecko was more badass and Bulbasaur was THE badass, but... Naetoru just won a Rampard. Wow, sounds nuts, huh? And guess what? It's just in the begin of its training. Sounds badass, too, doesn't it?

. Team Rocket. They were whispering their motto! Really cool to watch too, should happen more often!

. Greguru. This thing is gotta turn into the creeppiest Pokémon on the main team ever ever and ever! I laughed out loud while it was walking at Team Rocket and they were walking back, and then when it poisoned Jessie! LOLz megaly loled XD

. Hyouta. ;-; Guess it's his good-bye. Good to know you, dude. You're such a cuttie *o*

Ha, guess that's all.

Ah, I just missed a few 'things': Mime Jr., Wobby and Mukkubado. Gah, why didn't Ash let the thing watch the battle? >.>
But I'm OK with that, 'cause at least I'm sure it will rock in the next gym. Hell yeahhh!!! \o>

And, again, I can't wait 'till next week. Goshhh, it's killing me... ;_;
I.Want.That.Pachi! *---*

*Goes to edit the sig*

- Nozomi

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Returning from a two-month hiatus, it's...well, I'll let the rest of my post answer what's returning. Well, I'm assuming you people have memory spans. 8D

-Recap stuff begins the ep. Rocks are broken, streets are destroyed by a Generic Beam Attack, people flee, an Aerodactyl uses an awesome attack, we see Zugaidos evolve into Rampard, and recap ends.
-Hyouta says stuff, and we get the obligatory SHINY GLASSES EFFECT.
-Obligatory crap about the battle rules and such ensues from the ref
-Brock and Hikari are watching the battle, and...hold on! Hikari's in a cheerleader's outfit, with pink pom-poms no less! And Mimilol and Pochama have said pom-poms as well! And Sudowoodo's there too for some reason. But enough about that. Did I mention that Pochama with pom-poms is adorable? ...oh hey, Greggle's there too, being its Greggly self.
-Brock question's Hikari's choice of attire, but it's DAIJOUBU...actually, Hikari didn't say daijoubu at all in her responce, which surprises me a bit.
-Cue cheerleader act! And THERE are the DAIJOUBUs! And Pochama's still cute as hell.
-Ash gives a line of thanks to Hikari, but enough of this "talking" and "character development". WE GOTS TO SEE MAGICAL BEINGS BEAT EACH OTHER UP!
-Speaking of which...HEEEEEEEEEEERE'S ONIX!
-And Ash's choice against the giant rock serpent is...Pikachu! AIM FOR THE SPRINKLERS!
-Ash orders a Quick Attack, and while Pikachu's taking care of that, Hyouta mentions that Normal attacks don't do much to Rock types, but Ash has a plan!
-Yes, as Onix's tail comes down for a Slam(I think?), Pikachu dodges and starts running up its body, and...Hyouta seems to get it! Something to do with speed, I think.
-But wait! Onix breaks out Screech, which looks surprisingly badass, but The Chu manages to grab onto its crest...thing...and...
-Onix starts whirling around to fling the yellow rat off!
-Ash has enough of that, and has Pikachu smack that ***** with an Iron Tail. Seeing a small rodent cause a giant rock snake pain with a hit of its tail is always fun!
-Hyouta orders Onix to use a Generic Glowing Tackle attack of some sort, and Ash has Pikachu go to meet it HEAD ON.
-Obligatory "combatants heading for each other in slow-ish motion" scene ensues.
-With that over with...SPINNING DODGE TIME! Yes, Ash stole Hikari's idea. And nobody cares!
-Hyouta babbles some more about Ash's strategy and why it's working. Guess the writers were sick of using Brock as the strategy explainer?
-Pikachu finishes its spin, TURNS AROUND IN MIDAIR, and uses Iron Tail. But wait! Onix counters with a Slam, and its sheer bulk overwelms the electric mouse's glowy tail slap.
-And thus Pikachu is slammed into a rock, which collapses on The Chu.
-Hyouta says more stuff, this time about his Onix's training. He seems to be hell-bent on stealing Brock's job!
-Hyouta orders a Stealth Rock, causing the obligatory "oh no!" reactions from the spectators. Including the Pokemon. Except for Greggle. And Brock explains stuff this time!
-In the nick of time, Ash orders a Thunderbolt which clears away all the rock around Pikachu AND deflects the Stealth Rock AND gives Onix a major zapping.
-Pikachu goes in for the kill with an Iron Tail, and succeeds before Onix manages to fire off a Screech.
-And it's down! Onix, that is. Although Pikachu is visibly worn out by this point. Despite, or perhaps because of, that, Mimilol's crush on Pikachu is reshown for the first time since WHEN?
-Hyouta babbles on AGAIN about how Ash won. Maybe it's just me, but Hyouta seems to be rather talkitive for a GL mid-battle. Oh, and Ash thanks Hyouta for his glowing review of Ash's winning strategy, which I find amusing for some reason.
-Stop! Geodude time!
-Ash calls Pikachu back, which confuses Hikari, who has to have the concept of "Pokemon tire out after battles like that" explained to her. Sheesh!
-And Ash's replacement Pokemon is...AIPOM!
-But enough about these "battles" and magical beings beating each other up for sport, it's time for Team Rocket!
-They whisper their motto as they sneak along towards a door, and finish loudly but hush each other anyway. Ah, those three.
-Meowth uses the little known lockpicking technique of "move a claw up and down a few times" to undo the lock, and there seems to be no one inside the building when TR enters...
-Wait, they're going into the Gym! But Greggle seems to be up to something...and it walks away with no one noticing or caring. No wonder it's creepy, nobody cares about it!
-Ash orders a Swift, but Hyouta slides up a bit and swings his arms into the classic "ready to punch someone" position before ordering a Rollout.
-More attacks happen. Aipom does the SPINNING DODGE too in order to dodge a Rollout. The spectators are impressed.
-Aipom uses a generic glowing punch attack on Geodude, and...the floating rock is DOWN!
-Ash's tagalongs are pleased, but Brock notes that two of Ash's three Pokemon are tired out from battling, and that's Hyouta's last Pokemon is you-know-what.
-Hyouta babbles on some more, Ash responds, and IT'S RAMPARD!
-Aipom stays in battle and uses Swift, but RAMPARD DOESN'T MOVE, which shocks and confuses the cheerleading section...even more so when the attack ends and Rampard is unscathed! GUESS IT'S NOT JUST THE HYPERATTACK DINO *NOW*.
-Rampard Headbutts Aipom...faster than the purple monkey can BEGIN to react to it. ZOMGWTFBBQ.
-Aipom is down for the count, and the cheerleading section makes the obligatory comments about how POWERFUL and FAST Rampard is. Then Hyouta says some stuff, and Hikari comments about something and Brock goes off on a tangent about the challenger's power and whatnot. And he mentions pressure, like he did before with Onix when it was using STealth Rock. Hrm.
-But enough about these "words." Pikachu is back in the fray!
-But enough about the impending battle. We have a Team Rocket to watch!
-They're wandering around, when...ZOMGREGGLE!
-Creepy pause ensues.
-TR freaks out and tries to convince Greggle not to kick their asses...
-Another creepy pause ensues.
-Greggle takes a few creepy steps(random note:there's no background music at this point, which makes everything THAT MUCH BETTER) and TR backs away from it.
-But enough about creepy frogs and crummy fiends(I mean that in the how well their plans work way), we gots a battle to watch!
-Pikachu launches a Generic Powerful Electric Attack, but Rampard dodges and its forehead starts to glow. HM.
-Pika tries the spinning dodge, but...IT GETS HURT ANYWAY. Hah!
-Pika lands, back smoking(apparently the energy field around Rampard's forehead singed Pika's fur?), and Rampard's still unhurt. The cheerleading section worries again.
-Another head to head collision is set up, but Pikachu dodges with a normal jump this time, which catches Rampard and Hyouta off guard and impresses the cheerleading section. A good move all around!
-Hyouta makes another comment before ordering Rampard to use its tail to throw off Pikachu. Which it doesn't and instead goes on a rampage that destroys half of Shinou. ...er, I meant, which it does, and Pikacu starts into an Iron Tail despite that.
-Rampard does the glowy forehead thing again, Iron Tail makes contact, bt Rampard shakes it off, does the glowy forehead thing AGAIN, which thusts Pikachu into a rock. There's ALWAYS a rock, people. Always.
-And The Chu is down!
-The cheerleading section worries again. It's mandantory!
-Brock says stuff about Naetle.
-But enough about the cheerleading section. TR's still stepping away from Greggle, you know!
-At this point, they've ended up back outside the gym, but Greggle keeps going towards them. You KNOW what it's planning. It's going stab their shoulders with a pointy stick, ram a pebble in their toes, bite their eyeballs, and bury them in a lake of ranch dressing. Nothing less will do.
-Jessie stops backing away to suggest that Greggle actually wants to be with them, which was a Very Bad Idea since Greggle STABS HER IN THE STOMACH shortly thereafter.
-James and Meowth pick up Jessie and run like hell...Jessie getting in a rather weak "yana kanji". It's mandantory!
-But enough about Greggle, which was so close to enacting its devious plot. We gots to watch a dinosaur fight with a small turtle!
-The animators blatently reuse animation in the scene afte Naetle's released and as Hyouta's commenting on it. You can tell by the ANIMATION MISTAKE.
-We get another rolling dodge. I'M GETTING SICK OF THEM DAR BARREL ROLLS.
-Rampard prepares to launch Naetle into the air with a tail flick, but...the turtle BITES Rampard's tail!
-Naetle, which ISN'T TOUCHING THE GROUND OR A WALL, spins Rampard around and THROWS IT AGAINST A rock. ...**** physics! But there's ALWAYS a rock, so at least they're consistant with that.
-The front row seats are duly impressed with this BLATENT DEFIAL OF PHYSICS.
-The writers then **** chemistry AND physics by having several small flat leaves fly through the air in a straight line and make contact with a steam of fire, with the result of the projectiles AND fire both stopping in their tracks. ...although you see something falling down shortly afterwards, so one could assume those are ashes.
-Rampard rams into Naetle with a Slightly Different Glowing Tackle attack, and Naetle crashes through a rock. THERE'S ALWAYS A ROCK, although it's not always as sturdy as the other rocks.
-Both combatants are pretty worn out at this point, so THERE'S AN END IN SIGHT.
-The sun's out. They're showing that. While Ash is using a Grass Pokemon. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.
-...oh, Naetle was just using Synthesis. Nice to see he still has his own cop out recovery move, at least!
-Ash ponders what he should do, and in a Rainbow Moment(I'm serious here!), he realizes what he has to do.
-...wtf Together. THIS IS NOT BATTLING MUSIC. D: TOO SLOW AND NON-DRAMATIC FOR IT.
-Naetle keeps using Razor Leaf. Rampard keeps using Flamethrower. Animation keeps using Recycle.
-Hyouta seem to realize what Ash is up to and has Rampard use the glowy forehead attack.
-Hyouta seems to see something coming and has Rampard jump, but Naetle rolls under!
-Rampard then gets RAZOR LEAFED IN THE STOMACH AT CLOSE RANGE. Well, it starts out close range but since the animators don't care about physics, it ends up going several feet in the air before crashing back down.
-AND RAMPARD IS DOWN!
-Ash finally wins, and the cheerleading section cheers. Greggle finally gets back before someone can notice it was gone to take care of "business."
-Ep ends with the group outside at sunset, since sunset provides the most dramatic lighting for a badge awarding.

Danger Anticipate. And it does--strangely enough--make a bit of sense.XD

TAKESHI used FLIRT!

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Trained GREGGLE appeared!

GREGGLE used POISON STAB!

It's a one-hit KO!

TAKESHI fainted!

Greggle finally gets back before someone can notice it was gone to take care of "business."
Undertaker much(besides the type and size difference; there are some scary similarities)?XD

Although Pikachu is visibly worn out by this point. Despite, or perhaps because of, that, Mimilol's crush on Pikachu is reshown for the first time since WHEN?
The last episode.>_>

Last edited:

Weav-vile

Totally!
Returning from a two-month hiatus, [...]

Yeah, you've been out, huh?
But you shouldn't, 'cause I enjoy so much your views of the episodes! Loled about everything in this one BTW! And I guess everyone here does love reading you! :D
Keep the good job next week, please!!! \o

- Nozomi

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The animation could have been a bit better but it was still well done. Pikachu beating Onix was well done so that put one of my worries to rest. I think I like Naetle a bit more now after watching this battle, he's still nothing compared to Treecko though.

Hikari as a cheerleader = WIN!

I wouldn't mind at all if she does this during every Gym battle...although she probably won't. :p

On this episode of Pokemon Gone Moderately Wild!, Hikari & co dress as cheerleaders.
Go non-mayness!

Wow, do you have to remind us of how annoying you Misty fans are every time you post? Hikari spent the first match just sitting there like Misty and May did, and put on the cheerleading clothes in the rematch to help Ash win.

Posting "Go non-mayness" only serves as a reminder of how annoying your kind really is.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
I am just so very impressed with the skill they gave Hyouta. Typically, the anime portrays these leader figures with strategies and has Satoshi and co. try ways to get past. But this seems to be the reverse, with Hyouta showing his flexibility. Obviously, Hyouta pulled out all the stops in this battle, and as someone earlier mentioned, he didn't use Double Headbutt against Shinji. However, this could be potentially because Elekid ruined Zugaidos' ability to move swiftly (after the blow to its leg, it did not once use Reminiscant Headbutt).

Blatant breast-shot from Jessie as she recoiled from Greggle's Poison Stab. My eyes bled.

Last edited:

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I liked pikachu's stance after he beat onyx.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I just sure as hell hope the dubbers don't wimp out with Greggle. They surely can't edit his actions out... PLEASE?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
PUSA dubs the episodes edit free, so no worries.

I actually believe 4kids would lengthen Hikari's skirt in every episode if they were doing D/P.